It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone equilence?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been surching and asking for the answers of this question and have gotten some good responces!! how does suboxone /buep. compare agenst full agnostics. I'm needing surgery and would like to give my doctor a better idea of what I'm going to need to treat post op pain.
I know all about tapering down and the celing effect!! I herd that IV dili. in the hospital works well but what do i need to get after that?
I herd somewhere that someone taking 6-8 miligrams of suboxone will need somewhere around 30mg of methadone or 60 mgs of oxy just to keep from withdrawling? have you herd of this? I really need some hard facts to show my doctor. "If there are hard facts out there?
Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:46 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Most agnostics don't believe in God or Suboxone... LOL, sorry but I couldn't help but take the bait.

But seriously... for me, 1mg of subs equals about 25-35 mg of oxycodone with regards to avoiding WD's. In other words, if I am on a maintence dose of 1mg subs and use oxys for a week or so... i can come back to the 1mg of subs [when I start to feel sick] with no problems. That is my own personal experience.

I don't know if there are any hard facts on translating subs to equal effects of full agonist. But your surgeon and anesthesiologist will know what to do as long as you tell them the truth of your subs dosage and intake. Don't worry as long as your subs dr is involved it will be a smooth procedure and recovery.

BTW... there is a full category here with regards to; Surgery on Suboxone. Check it out, plenty of good info with other forum users experiences.