It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: suboxone drug test
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i know it will not show up as an opiate evan though it has some in it. if i did fail it would come up as buprenorphine. some one please help scared to go but have to get it done but i really need to. my dreams are in the army and must go but not ready to quit suboxone quite yet. does anybody know from experience. were on it when they went to meps? or just your guess?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

All I can say is that when I was on suboxone I had to take a drug screen for a job and was in a panic. I called the suboxone cite and they said it would NOT show up on a drug screen because you need a special drug screen for it. I still didn't trust them so I was researching online everywhere and couldn't find a test that would register suboxone. I tested clean for the job and still work there. The standard drug tests are looking for the basics.

However, if you plan to go into the military, that is a bit scary because of deployments. Also, how would you hide your pills and whatnot going into basic training? What about duty stations like going to Korea or Germany or Iraq???? You would be forced to go off of it with very little time for planning. Sounds scary to me. Good luck!

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

id be off bye then ive already been off once but later did some dumb stuff so back on for just a lil bit

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:00 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Go to the first page of Suboxdoc's blog. He thoroughly covers the issue of Subs/bupe showing up on employers urine test...
The link is at the bottom of the forum's index page. Actually it's on the bottom of this page... click on A Suboxone Blog in the right corner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I don't know what drug tests are like in the US or the military, but at my clinic in the UK it is as follows:
The counsellor gives you a little plastic pot with a screw top and a 2 part tube arrangement inside. There is also a graduated sticker on the side with boxes for amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, benzodiazepenes, opiates and buprenorphine. You pee in the pot and hand it back. The counsellor then fiddles around with the lid and screws it on, making sure that the sample covers the 'testing' part of the little gadget inside. He waits for a minute or so, then checks the scale. Each box has a sensitive reagent which shows as a little bar in the box. One bar is a positive reading, two bars is negative.
This test seems to be pretty accurate. For example when I took my first test, it showed positive for not only heroin, but also benzos, which I never knowingly take. It turned out that my last dealer had been cutting the gear with crushed up diazepam (valium) pills to bulk it out. Also, after about a month of sub treatment I smoked half a joint of really crappy moroccan hash one saturday night. On the following wednesday I had a test. My counsellor went through the procedure, then read the result on the scale. He turned to me with a little smile and asked if I had smoked any weed lately.He showed me the scale, and sure enough the marijuana box showed positive. Of course there was no denying it, and it wasn't a problem as it's not really considered a big deal over here unless you're dealing it. However I was quite surprised at the sensitivity of the test, it really was only a very skinny half-doobie that I smoked. I should point out that the test also showed a positive for buprenorphine, as it should.
There is also another test, which is like a little flat white lollipop on a stick. The guy unwraps it and gives it to you. You place it between your cheek and gum, and leave it there for a couple of minutes. The counsellor then takes it back and bags it up with your case details printed on the side. I don't know how this thing reacts, whether it changes colour later or what. All I know is that it tastes FOUL, like animal glue. I suspect that it just takes a sample of epithelial cheek cells, which are lab tested at another site for substance abuse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:44 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sneaky... Being from the UK, can you tell me if the .2mg tab is used very much for subs maintenance or withdrawl patients?

Or is it primarily used for pain mgt? Do you know anyone getting that dose? I'm very interested in this since we don't have it in the USA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Suboxfreedom, as far as I know, subutex/suboxone is prescribed ONLY for opiate addiction here, and that's exactly what the 0.2 mg tabs are for. Buprenorphine is prescribed for pain, but under other names. There is a 0.2 mg pure buprenorphine tab called TEMGESIC, and a 5 mg bupe patch, both of which I described in my post ' suboxone alternatives for tapering?' on this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks... I appreciate the info. I read somewhere that the low dose bupe was prescribled for pain in UK. I'll be happy to see that happen in the US.