It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:25 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I WAS NEEDED TO KNOW IF IT WAS OK TO TAKE PREDNISONE AND SUBOXONE TOGETHER. MY DOCTOR JUST GAVE ME THE PREDNISONE FOR AN EAR PROBLEM ALONG WITH OTHER MEDS AND I CANT GET AHOLD OF MY SUBOXONE DOCTOR TO ASK HIM IF IT WAS OK. SO I NEED HELP FROM U GUYS. THANX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This is in no way intended to be medical advice but www.drugs.com has a medications interaction checker, see what it says or wait til you reach your doctor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You can also ask your pharmacist, they're supposed to know about drug interactions.

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:06 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

As far as I know, there are no known drug interactions between Suboxone and Prednisone. But again, ask your pharmacist or doctor first. All I'm saying is that if I was on Suboxone and had to start Prednisone, I wouldn't hesitate.
-MD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:04 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Im currently taking about 4mg of suboxone a day. I use to be on 8mg to 12mg a day but have tappered off a while ago. I have been on Suboxone for 2 1/2 years now. My question has to do with my depression issues. Everytime the doctor puts me on an antidepressent it doesnt seem to work. I am currently on Sertraline (generic for Zoloft). I started out taking 50mg and Im now on 100mg. I dont really see much of a difference. Plus I am always so tired and have no energy!!! I can sleep all day and then Im up till 3 or 4am. So the doctor tested my thyroid and my vitamin D levels and both were low. So I take what I am suppose to for my Vitamin D levels and Im on Levothroid for hypothyroidism. Ive been on it for 2mths now and I dont see any changes. I have gained so much weight and thats not changed either. And I recently had my blood levels checked for my thyroid and they came back normal. So basically I am trying to figure out if Suboxone can prevent my meds from working the proper way. My Doctors dont seem to know a whole lot either. I am so frustrated!!! Thanks! ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I haven't heard of Suboxone causing anti-depressants to not work. I've even been on both Wellbutrin and Prozac and both seemed to work pretty well as with pretty much all anti-depressants it took time. I have heard of people taking Zoloft complain of being tired alot of the time and gaining weight and it was actually one of the reasons I tried to avoid it. It's obviously going to be best to trust what your doctor tells you to do but to the best of my knowledge Suboxone shouldn't prevent anti-depressants from working.

Post subject: drug interactions
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I also have been on antidepressants while taking sub. Started out on zoloft but didn't really help my depression so doc put me on20mg Prozac. I guess it seems to be working. I know when I didn't get my refill and was off it for about a month I noticed I started getting real emotional and could cry at the drop of a hat. I think I didn't get it refilled because I wanted to see if I could go on without needing it, but as it turns out I do need it! I've been on sub for about 18 months now,currently on 8mg/day,plus the 20mg Prozac,and 1mg of Clonopin for panic attacks/anxiety. Everything I take seems to be all working just fine for me. I'm supposed to be weaning off the sub,but lately I've been thinking that I'm not gonna be able to go lower than 8mg. I feel like I'm barely getting by on that. It might have to do with my currently losing my job and having all this free time on my hands. I have a 3 year old and a 4 year old to take care of during the day,plus a 12 year old in school and a 16 year old who lives in Wisconsin with her dad,I'm in Indiana, so its not like I'm just sitting here with nothing to do! I don't know, I've been told that "an addict alone is in bad company" and I really believe that! Glad to have all u guys here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Go to the following and it will give you a list of drugs that interact with Buprenorphine [as it relates to cytochrome P450 3A4 drug] and any other info you want...

www.buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/Bup_Guidelines.pdf

Here is a list

Amiodarone
Clarithromycin
Delavirdine
Erythromycin
Fluconazole
Fluoxetine
Fluvoxamine
Grapefruit Juice
Indinavir
Itraconazole
Ketoconazole
Metronidazole
Miconazole
Nefazadone
Nelfinavir
Nicardipine
Norfloxacin
Omeprozol
Paroxetine
Ritonavir
Saquinavir
Sertraline
Verapamil
Zafirlukast
Zileuton
Alprazolam
Amlodipine
Astemizole
Atorvastatin
Carbamazepine
Cisapride
Clindamycin
Clonazepam
Cyclobenzaprine
Cyclosporine
Dapsone
Delavirdine
Dexamethasone
Diazepam
Diltiazem
Disopyramide
Doxorubicin
Erythromycin
Estrogens
Etoposide
Felodipine
Fentanyl
Fexofenadine
Glyburide
Ifosfamide
Indinavir
Ketoconazole
Lansoprazole
Lidocaine
Loratadine
Losartan
Lovastatin
Miconazole
Midazolam
Navelbine
Nefazadone
Nelfinavir
Nicardipine
Nifedipine
Nimodipine
Ondansetron
Oral
Contraceptives
Paclitaxel
Prednisone
Progestins
Quinidine
Rifampin
Ritonavir
R-Warfarin
Saquinavir
Sertraline
Simvastatin
Tacrolimus
Tamoxifen
Verapamil
Vinblastine
Zileuton
Carbamazepine
Dexamethasone
Efavirenz
Ethosuximide
Nevirapine
Phenobarbital
Phenytoin
Primadone
Rifampin
Substrates

For a continuously updated list of cytochrome P450 3A4 drug interactions, visit
www.medicine.iupui.edu/flockhart/table.htm

Post subject: Hey ME
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:52 pm 
Hey ME,
Read my post, "possible Suboxone induced depression." I have never had a drug make me depressed. It's really kind of disturbing because I've been on a cocktail of psych meds for 12 years and it seems like the Subs are blocking the antidepressants. Right now i'm just trying to lower my dose as low as I can go. And then I can raise the dose of the other meds up. It's not uncommon to bring Prozac up to 80 mg a day, Zoloft up to 300 mg a day, and so forth. So the fight has just begun, so to speak...
JD