It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Haven't posted in a while, probably because I'm back to working a regular work week, taking care of my family, and generally just living life like I was before my 15 year opiate addiction. I've been on 8mg sub a day now for about 18 months, and to this day, it still works for me, and does what it's supposed to. When I first started, I read posts that would say there's a "honeymoon" phase, then you'll start feeling just like you did when you were in your active addiction, and that the bupe would stop working. For me, suboxone hasn't let me down, one single day, and for what it (and counseling) has done for my life, I am grateful. Our family is going to have an awesome Christmas again this year, because money is being spent on presents (and not pills), my ex-wife and I reconciled earlier this year, and we are still on target to get remarried this coming March. I woke up this morning, and it just kind of hit me, "this is what a normal life feels like".

Initially, I was worried that the medication would stop working, that I'd be screwed, and going back to pills, but you CAN NOT believe everything that people post on the web (some people have bad intentions). I may not post daily, or even monthly, but I do view the forum almost daily. Thanks Rule, Amy, and (Jen- I believe)- the mods who are diligent in replying to others threads/questions. You all do a wonderful job keeping a positive vibe on this forum, and calling BS when you need to. To the doc- thanks for this outlet, and I know you're a busy man, but I love the articles on Talk Zone, and wish you'd put more out there regularly (I wish I won the lottery too).

To those starting suboxone treatment- give it time, the medicine will help, but YOU have to do the work on yourself (emotions, issues, past mistakes) if you want to keep your addiction in check. IMO, by taking suboxone, you're doing the right thing, so take advantage of the opportunity you've been given, get stable, and do the things you need to do to get back your life. Medication is just a part of recovery, the real work is living life daily, and dealing with what comes your way.

Merry Christmas, and God bless you all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Dr. Junig- have to apologize in case you read my thread- I mentioned that the Talk Zone articles are awesome, and I wish they're be more- honestly I hadn't looked until today, and see that you posted many over the past couple months (before when I looked there was 1 every few months)- just wanted you to know that they're great conversation topics to have with others, and a HUGE thanks to you for all the info.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:18 pm 

I'm glad you're doing so well, Todd, and that your remarriage is still on track! Thank you for your kind words about the mods here. We try hard to provide people with correct answers and good advice. We don't often receive positive feedback.

Amy

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:48 pm 

Todd I feel exactly the same way that u do! Isn't it awesome to celebrate a great Christmas each yr without worrying about all ur money going to pills? I am very thankful. Suboxone hasn't ever stopped working for me and it has been yrs and those negative ppl on the internet with some type of agenda to slam sub can go take a hike right lol we know that is a lie. Have a wonderful Christmas season Todd, ur post made me feel very good today :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:14 pm 

Welcome back Todd! Being an "oldtimer" you must check in regularly! Kidding aside, it's good to know you're doing alright and just living life. Me too. I take my Sub and life goes on w/o any drama or chaos. Exactly what the drug is supposed to do.

Don't be such a stranger.

rule