It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:15 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Exploiting patients with addiction will never allow them heal properly. Let me explain I have recently come across this information and it is disturbing. You go see a provider for Suboxone and in order to get a script you have to give the doctor $20 to $40 cash before he writes the script! What??? But that is not the end of it. You walk in and have to pay $5 for the visit, $10 for the urine toxicology, $5-$10 copay at the pharmacy and then of course cash to the doctor $20-$40 as previously stated. What is the point of going to physician for a script when you could spend all that money on the street and avoid all that hassle? Has anyone heard of this practice and what do you think? It makes to sick to even think about it. But I wanted to know if anyone here has experienced this or has heard about it. If you can share what state, I want to do more research on the subject. Thanks Everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Oh my you are getting off cheap. My doc didn't accept insurance. Charged $175 month for visit and $110 for urine every month. Script was between $150-250 month. You must actually have an ethical doctor so be happy with those prices.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:16 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

After adding up your numbers, im gstting around 45 dollars here, that is sooooooo cheap. After three years ive got mine down to 62 bucks to the dr. Tapering my dose from 16 mgs to 5mgs, my monthly now is around 200 tops..
I have no ins to pay for my treatment..so..and im on the films.cant get generic in ANY FORM. W.VA Law.
And getting sub off the street only keeps addict behavior alive and isnt part of recovery..it could lead to recovery but for me we are in a drug for a drug thing at that point..I understand not everyone can find a dr and would like to stop useing there doc, i just hope those out there CAN find a dr..touchy problem indeed...

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I pay cash for all my treatment. Doctor bill can be anywhere from 150 to 240 depending on what's being done. this is once or twice a month. then my prescription for ninety Suboxone costs over 700.00, with a coupon! so I'm looking at over a thousand dollars a month for my buprenorphine treatment.the prices you are quoting, sound like you've gotten by pretty cheap compared to most! however, financial Times are hard right now, and sometimes even coming up with fifty bucks can be difficult. I understand that. but during active addiction, many of us scraped together far more than that for our drug of choice. I hope you're able to retain affordable treatment, and get the help you need. we all deserve to be happy and healthy

Last edited by lizzieshug2013 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:05 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

jennhouse wrote:
What is the point of going to physician for a script when you could spend all that money on the street and avoid all that hassle? Has anyone heard of this practice and what do you think?!

Like everyone else has stated, the prices you are reporting are literally the lowest I have EVER heard of aside from the VERY FEW prescribers who bill insurance outright and charge patients directly for nothing.

The point of going to a physician is that it is legal and adds stability to ones life, physicians and pharmacies don't run out and offer you heroin or Dilaudid or fist-fulls of benzo's instead to get you through...

If you were ONLY spending $50.00 monthly on illicit drugs and never encountered any 'hassle,' something I would be hard-pressed to believe; than I would ask why you ever considered going on Suboxone via an office-based provider to begin with. At some point it obviously looked like an appealing idea. Maybe you are forgetting what active addiction and all the 'hassles' that go along with it was really like and why you switched to Suboxone...

540 Greenhaven Road #201|Anoka, MN 55303
(763)250.0702
http://www.facebook.com/TpnServiceCompanies
Person-centered counseling, education, advocacy, referral services and assessments.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm with everyone else. Those prices are absolutely dirt cheap. I wouldn't be complaining much. My doctor only charges $100/month (the cheapest I've been able to find), but that was after an intake fee is maybe around $300....I can't remember. But a lot of doctors charge intakes between $250 - 350, then $150 - $175/month, that's in my area, at least.

So, in total, it costs me $2200/year to be in treatment, that's including doctor visits, urine tests, and prescription copays. For ME, its worth it because it legitimizes my treatment, as opposed to purchasing Suboxone "on the street", which would put me in illegal/dangerous/triggering situations, and also leave me out to dry if I ever got a urine drug test at work (improbable, but possible).