It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone doc in Portland
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello,

I know there is another similar post, but I am looking for a decent Suboxone doc in Portland that takes Providence insurance, and is willing to work out an individualized treatment plan without forcing the patient into some sort of Inpatient or Intensive Outpatient program. I've been taking poppy seed tea daily for nearly three years (for those of you who haven't heard of it, it's chemically very similar to straight opium). I haven't lost anything, had concern from family or friends, or had problems with work (yet). I've been more productive in these three years than I ever have during my twenty-year career, as the opiates have helped my depression tremendously. But I can't afford to keep doing this, I know it can't be healthy, and now it's making me throw up nearly daily so I know this cannot continue.

I've quit every drug I've ever done in the past cold turkey (including meth in my late teens), and alcohol, and was able to do so with relative ease but opiates are another matter altogether, a real monster. The physical withdrawals are what I need help with, which are especially long-lasting with poppy seed tea since it's so long-lasting. I would like to do it with the assistance of Suboxone, but that may not be necessary with the right med combination. Despite the physical dependence, I don't have much of an addictive personality (I'm sure you've heard that before), and don't have the time for programs since I'm running a startup, a second business and taking care of a mentally ill elderly man live-in.

I can certainly do this with the right doc and the right meds, but they make it so hard here to find anyone and they all seem to just want to funnel everyone into big, expensive programs that aren't always necessary. I don't need a long drawn-out inpatient detox followed by a month or two of groups. I've been through those in the past when I've been in Psych (lifelong depression and suicide attempts in the past), and at this point in my life I'm committed to getting this done so I can move on with my life. The time and money keeping up with the tea is just too much.

I've tried tapering off on my own with the seeds, but as each batch has varied potency, it's quite difficult to do it right. This time it's either a quick taper with medicinal assistance for the side effects, or go into withdrawal and then Suboxone for a quick taper (again with assistance for the side effects).

Any pointers from someone in the know would be great! I'm looking forward to stopping this nonsensical insanity.

Thanks,

PDX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:42 pm 

Sorry that no one was able to help you unless you got a PM or email. It's hit or miss kind of thing with finding the right doctor. A royal pain in the arse to be exact.

All I can say is to print the list of providers and line it up with the PPO list of your insurance company and hope to find some. Then it's on the phone for hours.....

Good Luck,

rule

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi PDX girl -

This is a pretty late response but I just joined here. Not sure if you are still around. I am in Portland, OR. I go to Dr Gilbert Simas. He seems like a good Doc in the 3 weeks I have been seeing him. I am pretty sure he is taking new patients. He takes my insurance (blue cross). So I am pretty sure he would take yours as well. You can look him or send me a pm and I will give you his phone #. Good luck!

Brett