It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:44 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I used to take a lot of Xanax and just about any opiate I could get my hands on. In the midst of all of that I developed a hydrocodone habit. At this point, I knew it was nothing that a short term Suboxone treatment wouldn't fix. Well, here I am two years later, more hooked on subs than I ever was hydrocodone.
It's stifled my creativity, kept me isolated from my friends and not to mention my tolerance has gone up to more than I can get my hands on daily. That's right, no prescription.
But why get one when everybody around me gets subs, right?
Well, my neck of the woods just ran dry and I've wanted to quit for months now, I guess I just needed a kick start like everybody running out of them, because I couldn't push myself to teeter off of them.
I took my last half and cut it into 4 small pieces, eased my way into withdrawal and here I am,
Sweating as I type this, aching, not to mention I get very dark (mentally) when I withdrawal.
But I'm ready to buck up and get this shit out of my life.
I've yet to experience the worst, but I know I can do this. It also doesn't hurt to keep some back up low grade Hydrocodone or even tramadol around for when I begin to feel God awful. It comes in waves as many f you may be familiar with.
Anyways, I would appreciate any support and I hope those of you kicking this demon as well are staying strong about it.

-Pris

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Pris, you need to get professional help for your addiction. You have a disease that needs to be treated. You will not do this without help. How do I know that? Because if you could you already would have. You are not only addicted to suboxone you are addicted to all opiates and other drugs. You've got yourself thinking you are no longer addicted to hydrocodone and are now only addicted to sub. That is simply no more true than someone who is an alcoholic saying he got off of vodka by switching to beer and now it's the beer he's addicted to. No, he is addicted to all alcohol just as you are addicted to all opiates. You stopped Vicodin by taking suboxone. Now you want to stop soboxone by taking Vicodin or perhaps tramadol. Do you see the vicious circle you are caught in? You also say that you planned on short term sub "treatment" but never saw a doctor for a legit perscription let alone any actual treatment. You may have just as well started taking any other opiate or Tramadol as you are only taking a differently named opiate on the black market - called suboxone.

It's clear you don't understand addiction. I can tell by the things you are saying. I don't say that to be mean, only to get you to hopefully understand that you need professional help for this. If you had a broken arm would you try to cast it on your own having a friend help you? Of course not. This is no different. The chance if you stopping and staying clean from all drugs is very slim without help. Please look into getting help from professionals. It's your best, perhaps only chance.

Don

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:38 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I haven't ruled out group therapy.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:34 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I feel for you, I really do. I've been on them for 5 years and I tried to get off of them once when I lost insurance. I couldn't take it and I called my doctor after only 3 days, asking to take me back and I'd pay out of pocket. Like you, I had no sane plan of tapering and I resorted to percs and trams to take the edge off, if only for an hour at a time. There is no easy way, but if you plan on a taper strategy and stick to it without cheating, it helps cut the w/d quite a bit. Do you have any prospects to get enough in the near future so u can make a plan to taper off gradually or are you going to just grit your teeth and buckle down? I hate to say it, because I know how hard it is when you've already got some pills and you probably already know, but I'll say it anyway--those pills aren't gonna help you much if you're serious about quitting cold turkey! They'll only prolong the inevitable.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:01 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I am not able to make out that what you are going through exactly but only thing I can say that you will do it for sure but you will have to take a step in favor of detoxification,It will be very tough for you to get out of your habits but then you are left with no other option.Or my best advice would be
better join a detox-retreat like (edited by Amy)

[Larry, we don't allow people to link a website in order to advertise a particular detox place. If you have specific comments about your own experience detoxing somewhere, you are welcome to include the name of the place, unless it's more of an advertisement. -Amy]