It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:21 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey guys first off ill tell u my story: I grew up n a broken home with my mom on drugs (crack) and hated it! At the age of 15 I had baby and another at 17.... I moved out and began to raise them on my own and was happy with that! Then I moved to Philly and met a guy... Some one I wish I never met! He was truly addicted to opiates! About 15 5mg oxycodone a day and n the end about 15 10mg oxycodone a day! I wasn't too far behind! Well in the beginning I was having fun with him and fell in love and by the end of our 3 year relationship I seriously hated his guts and still do! So anyway we decided we were tired of chasing that high an wanted to stop! He found out about suboxone and I was all in as long as I didn't have to deal with needing a pill every day just to feel normal and be normal! He tried and so did I! For two years I've been on subs and tried to stop twice before but failed to get through. As of now I am tired of this life and I'm ready to be me again! I want to be the mom I used to be an I want my ex out if my life so bad but he is the one providing the subs for me! I'm working now and I have to kids to be there for! I'm scared if what will happen because I've been there before! I'm currently down to 2 mg a day considering I used to take about 6 a day! Bad choice I made! I was chasing the high! Trust me, there is a high! But ok I'm down to 2! What I need to know is how often should I taper and how long should it take me to be completely done with subs? Also once I'm off what are some things I can get over the counter to keep me feeling ok? I read Penni's thread and I'm so inspired by her! I wish I could just say goodbye to subs right now! Lol but that wouldn't be smart I suppose! Any way please anyone I need all the info I can get! Seriously! I am at the point where I'm hating my life and wish it was just all over but I know deep down inside I just need support which I don't have! I told my mom about it (which she is clean now and have been for 5 years) and she was upset at first but never brings it up as if I never told her! :'( she asks me am I still taking those pills an I say we'll what choice do I have! And that's it for her! HURT! But I really have no one! I talk to my ex about it an its like he wants me to stay on it forever! I guess just to keep me around! And it's F@!$@$? Working! UGHHH!!!! Please help me :'(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:12 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello anc welcome! First off, hunny, you need to find your own sub dr! Even if it means waiting until tax time or whenever you might have extra money in order to pay for your own program. I would suggest that you start looking ASAP and call every place within driving distance until you find one. A lot of people don't realize it but there are even a lot of sub drs who work for places that go on a sliding scale (usually psychiatrists who work out of mental health places). And if u could get help with that, u ought to be able to buy the subs since u are on such a low dose! Good luck to you. And always know......where there is a will - there IS a way!! :)

Post subject: Thanx for advice Amy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the advice Amy but I don't want to stay on subs I want to come off! My ex gave me a few strips of suboxone so I really just wanna make that last and taper down.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:33 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hi, Karmah, and thanks for sharing your story.

I am kind of in the same situation that you are in, at the moment:
Am currently also without a sub prescriber/doctor. (I even called the Here to Help program,
and they called five doctor offices, and NONE of them were taking patients. That sucks.)
Sometimes, some of us have got to do what we have to do.

Anyway, I have six 8 mg strips, which i have been cutting into thirds.
Sometimes, I skip one day, and on that "skip" day, I do take a low dose of the anti-diarrhea,
over-the-counter med Imodium. I plan on cutting these next strips into four equal pieces,
which would be 2 mg each; and dosing each strip per day.
That is what seems to be working for me; so, I am just sharing this experience.
Hope it helps! No matter what you choose to do- Good Luck! :-)
-ex-

Post subject: Hey you
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey there,

Wow, I really commend you. It sounds like you are going through (and have gone through) SO MUCH!

I just thought I would throw out a suggestion because when I got on sub I was broke as a joke. Do you have a local community health center? Usually these places will charge you based on your income. So if you make nothing, it will be free. So that would at least get rid of one cost..

You should try googling it, then call them and they should have a certified suboxone doctor.

Good luck my dear! You will make it work one way or another!

Don't hesitate if you have any other questions, maybe I can help in some way or another..

Post subject: Also..
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I forgot to mention in my last post that I think it would be preferable to see a sub doctor rather than trying to get off cold turkey. That way they can help you wean with less a chance of relapse.

That's just my opinion though!

Good luck :)