It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on Suboxone Film 8mg a day since august of 2011. My copay card expired in Sept (I think) and I got a new one from the website. Anyways, this new one expires in March.

I went to Costco to pick up my script and they said the copay card was denied, that I could only use it 6 times. I downloaded the copay card from my iPhone and they jotted down the numbers and after 20 minutes they said it was approved.

Costco made it seem that the copay card is only valid for a total of 6 refills per person for their lifetime. I think it's a total of6 refills per copay card till it expires.

Has anyone encountered this? Am I going to have to pay full price soon? The card does say something about 6 total prescriptions… but it's unclear as to 6 total prescriptions per card or per person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My husband and I have been on Suboxone since December 2010 and have ALWAYS had a copay card to use. Usually its $45 off your monthly script price, but when we first started suboxone the copay card was for $75 at that time. Basically, you can use the copay card once a month (or every 26 or 27 days) to help pay for your monthly prescription cost. I remember when our first copay card was getting ready to expire and I was preparing myself to pay full price for my prescription, but then i was able to get another one and it was also valid for 6 more months...
I'm using the same copay card as you and yes, it expires in March 2012. If you check the RB / Here to Help website on April 1, chances are, there will be another card for you to print and use over the next 6 months. While I can't guarantee this, this is what I have been seeing over the past 14 months.
Also - I also had an experience where I had to print a new copay card from the website. I was using a card that was mailed to me by RB but it seemed to be "expired" when I tried to use it one time. So, like you, I pulled out my smartphone and got a new one from the website.
Hope this was helpful - and here's hoping to a good copay reduction in April 2012! As I'm sure you're aware, the medication is expensive and the copay card has been super helpful!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:09 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

The same thing happened to me months ago. I was surprised to hear that I couldn't use it anymore, so I read all the information on the card. I told the pharmacist what I had read and it turns out the pharmacist was wrong and I've still been using it to this day. Not sure why it happens, but I don’t think there is a limit for the card.