It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:39 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I was on suboxone a couple of years ago and got all 6 of my carries for the week in the shortest period of time.

However the pharmacist still charged me 7 dispensing fee's even though they were only dispensing it one day of the week and I have carries for the other 6. But it was the same as if I had zero carries and had to go every day for supervised dosage

I switched my pharmacy to one that I found out dispenses suboxone that was closer to my house and they did the same thing. I got annoyed with it all and ending up getting off the program.

I recently got back on sub and am starting to earn my carries again and it's the same thing. Charging me for a dispensing fee on days I have a carry.

Sounds unethical to me. Are they even allowed to do that? Or do they just look at us like junkie low lives and if they have to see us to dispense they want to make the most possible money from us?

I know when I was new to a pharmacy they made me sign a form saying I would not steal from them or sell drugs within 100 meters of the pharmacy and bunch of other sillyness that upset me considering I don't steal nor do I sell drugs. I sure hope they make the old ladies they dispense oxy and fentanyl and all that stuff sign the same paper since those are the ones who are selling their pills (I know I used to drive an old pill lady to the pharmacy every time her script came in and buy 80% of her pills then drive her home every month)

Wish the Canadian system was more like the American system when it came to suboxone. They need to realize their is little to no black market for sub and it's very unlikely we will be selling or diverting our sub. You definitely cannot have a job or a life for the first 6 months of being on sub or methadone with all the doctors visits, pharmacy visits and pee tests. Ugh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:19 pm 

That sucks! Sorry you have to go through all that hassle and money just to get your medication. And that is what it is. MEDICATION. Somehow that part gets lost with the pharmacists you do business with. Until they get more educated on how Suboxone works and not every person is some low level criminal, you'll just have to suck it up. That, or come to the U.S. and pay cash for a month's supply. That would be very costly for you though.

Maybe do some talking to your doctor on how the pharmacies are treating you. A phone call from your physician may help.

It's almost like the Canadian pharmacies are 10-20 years behind ours. But then, we've never had something called carries. Great Britain has something similar I think. Each country sets its own rules and regulations regarding how to dispense Suboxone. Too bad it isn't the same everywhere.

Welcome to the forum!

rule