PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:34 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Sometimes I get so bored, anyone else?

Post subject: Re: suboxone boredom
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yes I do all the time. I'm a a mom of two and while I get enjoyment from them I have no excitement really, just kind if there. I think I'm bored mainly because most of my excitement was from the rush of pills so I need to find sometgibg to get the adrenaline going... Maybe you too?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:30 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Ha. Life without drugs. Real drugs, I mean. One of the cool things when I got off methadone and was waiting to start subs is that all the sudden the window was open again, the "possibility" of getting high had returned....there was nothing in my system to prevent it. And I'll admit, it was a good feeling. It's not just the drugs themselves I miss, it's the ritual of using, the lifestyle I had as an active user.

For me, yes, life is boring....but I have to keep reminding myself that along with all the fun of using, there was a lot of stress too, such as wondering where the next fix was coming from. And of course the path of life you are on, and where it leads. Not saying I prefer the boredom, and I'm still and probably always will have addictive behaviors to deal with....but that is just the way it is now, the "fun" had to stop sometime.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Here are a few suggestions that helped me so much get out of the boredom.

I joined a gym as soon as I started on Subxone/ I know working out sux! but after a while it became a habit like anything else you do on a consistent basis. Know I actually look forward to it. So good for you mental and physical well being.

Next, I started selling items on a website . This could be ebay or craigslist or facebook or "you get the point...

This really just kept me busy. It was amazing how much free time I had when i was not chasing down drugs and driving to go pick up drugs.

free time = restlessness= thinking about doing drugs again.

So try to throw yourself into a hobby . or a meeting (doesn't have to be AA) could be a social club.

Anything to stay busy on a regular basis. Get a calendar and start filling it with appointments and activities. That is what I did and I am NO LONGER BORED!!!