It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone + blurry vision
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:57 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi Gang,

New to this site and bupe maintenance as well. I am on my 2nd day of 12mg/day Suboxone maintenance and am experiencing blurred vision when I am trying to read akin to shortsightedness I guess. I have a few questions:

Will this eventually go away?
Does this somehow relate to the pinned pupils I am having?
Will the pinned eyes ever go away when tolerance and/or ceiling is reached?I don't like how this is a dead giveaway of being on opiate containing medication. People are judging me automatically, saying I relapsed again etc etc.

Forgive me if I erroneously put this in the wrong section- was debating whether the Induction Discussion section of the forum was more appropriate.

Stay sober!
-Dopeless Hopefiend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:13 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I still get alittle blurry from time to time too, but nothing like i did when i first started on sub, I think you wont notice the side effects as much as you get further along with you recovery. I dont know if the side effects go away or if i just have learned to live with them and dont notice them anymore.

I still get a major headache atleast once every 2 months or so, has the chemical headache feel to it. And i dont sleep very well still, after 2 years on sub. i still wake up 4 times a night it seems. but the blurry eyes i dont get that as often anymore at all. my eyes still get kinda pinned everyday, dont know if that ever goes away, i think ill have that forever, or until i tapper off sub someday.

Sorry to hear that people are judging you, or and accusing you of relapse. I think as long as you know the truth, that's all that matters really. Everyone in my life, knows that im on suboxone, i just flat out tell people. With my past i cant hide the fact that i used to be a horrible active addict! So i just tell people what im doing to get better, if they dont like it well that's their problem, im 100% happier and better than i was when i was using and that's all there is too it. Hopefully all works out, and people will see a change in you, and you will also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:30 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I'm goign to bump this if ya'll dont mind. im really worried about my vision, nobody in my family wears glasses so I doubt it's deteriorating on its own esp. since it coincides with suboxone induction. I really have blurry vision when trying to read, it's slight, but evertheless it's there. Also, will the pinned eyes ever go away.
THanks for your comments Ego, btw.