It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone blocking LSD?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:31 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Is this in any way possible? I understand it can have deleterious effects on other drugs such as cocaine, but I always thought acid was a steamroller, e.g. nothing else could mess with it, it acted completely differently in your brain.

I split a strip with my girl and she's in another world and im just a tid bit loopy/happy = all things being equal, could it be blocking it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Gotta ask....if you are posting on a recovery forum and (hopefully) trying to recover, wtf are you taking acid?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

moman wrote:
Gotta ask....if you are posting on a recovery forum and (hopefully) trying to recover, wtf are you taking acid?

yea this ^^^^

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:48 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Seems like a no-brainer (yes, I know the OP posted the same sort of stuff in other threads). It happens all the time: someone takes bupe, shoots themselves in the foot, then concludes that suboxone is a "bad drug". Wtf are they expecting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:39 pm 
Unless something was deleted or Im missing something OP never said suboxone was a bad drug. OP if you want to ask questions like this (i dont have any problem but others seem to) just post it in the "still messing around" forum and you wont have any negative feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

celestial, this is a legitiment question, and I understand your interest in psycedellics. I'm just sorry you were shot down because of your desire to learn more about drugs and how they effect the human brain. As for you specific question on if suboxone will block LSD, I'm fairly sure that it will not completely block it. It however is a k-opiod agaonist, and other drugs that are kappa opiod agonists have psycedellic properties. So the answer is nobody knows, it's possible though. There just have not been enough studies on it. But as for tripping in recovery, I myself have found it a life changing experince. I have ever taken LSD, but I have taken psilocybin mushrooms when I was a bit younger, before I started doing hard drugs, and had fun. But I never knew their actual potential. When i was about a year and a half clean I had an epifany with these mushrooms after not taking them for years. They allowed me to step back and look at myself, and my previous addiction with another perspective. It gave me insight like I've never had, opened things in my mind that I never knew or imagined were there. And this is not just for the time that i was high, I actually learned things about life that day, and was able to carry what i learned over to my everyday normal life. This may sound very hard to comprehend for alot of people. But the mind is a very complex thing, it has the potential to create an infinite number of realities, and if you allow your mind to be open to these things, you'll gain far more life experience. and isn't that what life is about? The experience? I belive in responsible use of anything you put into your body. If you choose to take LSD for the right reasons, then by all means do it. As long as you're comfortable with what you're doing, and have educated and made an informed decision then go for it. I'm not encouraging anyone to try this, I am just sharing my opinions and experiences. I hope nobody takes this, or any of my posts the wrong way. I am only trying to promote a healthy and happy way of life for myself, and hope that others will find theirs. Thanks guys! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

This is interesting.

Years ago I was on naltrexone / Revia, which is an full opioid antagonist. I took a tab of acid at a bush party, and while it definitely had an effect, it felt really restricted, like something was keeping it under wraps. Instead I just got a huge headache and it felt like some kind of dirty amphetamine. Yet it was definitely good acid, because everyone else was seeing dragons in the trees and egyptian hyroglyphs painting the trees and tents like something from The Matrix.

Suboxone is a partial antagonist so maybe there's a link there?

However, I know for a fact that suboxone doesn't effect mushrooms.

I'm not condoning use of psychedelics in recovery. Recovery is a precious and fragile thing and imo doesn't need to have the boat rocked with such mind-bending drugs, even if they are hardly addictive. I'd just be worried that, seeming as this is the first time in my life where I actually don't want to use heroin anymore, and the idea doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, I wouldn't want to have a huge "seeing God in the washing machine" experience that might cause this "gift" of my new attitude to come undone.

PS: I think the people on bluelight might be able to answer these kinda questions a bit better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I totally see where you're coming from Tear. Psycedellics are not to be toyed with and must be respected. lol@seeing God in the washing machine.

Also, the two major contributors to my gift of new understanding, and attitude, came from three factors, my fathers death, my psilocybin experiences, and my brushes with death while doing drugs.(although it would take a few years after these close calls, to realize the magnitude of them)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have had some fucking awesome experiences with LSD, Mushrooms, (mdma different story), but the psychedelics have made me who i am today. I just need to remember, because i would like to do LSD once a year, but thats my addict talking to me and i should stay away from it. Long ago before the suboxone program i got it off the streets and tried it with acid one day and the days before oxys. I had the same effect, great visuals, the insane thinking part were you think about everything all at once. So yea it works fine, maybe you got some waterd down shit, or differnt chemicals, one tab does not always work with today's day acid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just because you want to take acid doesn't mean thats your addict side coming out or anything. Lots of people that were never addicts are curious about all sorts of drugs. But if you feel you need to stay away from it then good for you man, you realize what you need to change, and you stay away from it. Good man.

Also, MDMA is not a psycedellic. It's an ethenogen, as well as speed(amphetamine) So thats totally differnt. Speaking of it

Though, a few people at the Tech Fest here in Detroit overdosed from ecstacy, or something they thought was ecstacy. Two of them died, and two more are braindead. Again shows how careful you have to be with anything you're gonna put into your body, especially if you know how risky it is. Just sucks cause it gives The Electronic Music Festivle a bad wrap. Now the people who don't like it will have some more fuel for their fire. Ah well, pray for the familys that lost those people. What else can ya do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Cutty wrote:
Also, MDMA is not a psycedellic. It's an ethenogen, as well as speed(amphetamine) So thats totally differnt.

MDMA is an empathogen-entactogen in the phenethylamine and amphetamine class:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathogen-entactogen

I think you meant entheogen in that quote above - but MDMA really isn't an entheogen. Entheogens are used in a shamanic or spiritual context; like peyote or iboga.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entheogen

It's really a shame that MDMA has been so stigmatized as it probably had tremendous theraputic potential. I have gotten more out of one MDMA trip than I have out of a year of therapy.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:24 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

spike made an interesting comment, he said that "acid" made him who he is today. I have long held this belief about myself as well, but was not willing to share about it until now.

Acid opened up a new way of thinking for me, a new way of looking at things you might say. All of a sudden you realize that the reality you grew up knowing isn't necessarily so tightly constrained anymore, hmmmm......kind of hard to explain to anyone who has never done acid before??

I guess, for me, acid opened up a lot of doors in my thinking that had never been opened up before and probably would never have got opened. You perceive reality in such a different light while on acid that it gives you unique insights into different things that you would never have been able to achieve while not on acid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hear what you're saying Romeo. But the way psychedelic drugs influenced me definitely had its positives and negatives.

On the positives, I'm a much more of a "bigger picture" thinker these days. When I see conflict, current issues, issues in my life, I'm always thinking beyond just the issue at hand. Whenever a friend gets bogged down in some issue, I'm always reminding them of the bigger picture and beyond. Most conflict in the world is driven by very narrow views, so it can be quite frustrating.

Negatives - It most likely contributed to a psychosis, which no doubt led to me using heroin. And still today I look at some patterns in curtains, on fabric, or images on my computer screen and they shift and morph in that trippy way a little bit. This has been going on for years. Psychedelic drugs fried my maths brain. Psychosis fried my date / time brain and organisational skills. I still double book and triple book things regularly.

I think I just got into psychedelics a bit young. My friends and I had our first huge acid trip at early 16 while camping. This was trees turning into medusa heads type visuals. I remember clearly my hand turning into a shovel, and it started shovelling a dirt pile that was actually a mountain on the horizon into a barrow that was the mountain next to it. Very strong acid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:23 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Tear,

I'm glad you posted about the negatives of acid, about an hour or two after I made my post I realized that I had not included any information about the negatives of acid, I meant to go back and do it and I just kept putting it off.

Anyway, a friend of mine got to taking acid pretty regularly when he was fairly young, about 17 or 18 years of age?? He ended up with full blown schizophrenia. His brother claims that the acid is what pushed him into full blown schizophrenia?? Mentally, this guy had always been on the "fringes", but he was nowhere near "crazy" for lack of a better word, until the repeated acid use.

I know of a fella where I live now that apparently got a hold of some "bad acid" and it has permanently buggered him up.

I think for people who have some kind of pre-existing mental health issues, acid can be very dangerous. Hell, acid is dangerous for ANYONE!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:56 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Is this cutty kid serious how has he not got banned yet all he does is talking about using drugs when this site is info on how to stop using drugs. And I had to point this out bro did you really just type this without reading it I hope “If you choose to take LSD for the right reasons, then by all means do it”! What right reasons can there be to use LSD????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If i told you dog shit would make your teeth whiter if you eat it woudl you try it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:35 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

ok, here's some thing to consider. suboxone has seretenoginic effects. so does acid. this is a potentially dangerous cocktail. if you are on any sort of SSRI/SRNI type medications it can be even more dangerous. now, i am not against the use of psychedelics when approached with proper respect and i will admit that LSD in particular has help me tremendously, especially when it has come to managing my addictions. i personally was able to quit methadone after going on a little lsd binge and managed to stay clean for three years which was the longest i had ever been sober. i do not advise anyone run out and do this though as your mileage my extremely vary. research it though, lsd is thought to help mitigate addiction. anyway... i'm sure that's all debatable and what to mention is this....

anyway, i have experimented with suboxone and lsd. say what you will, i'm not looking for haters here. i post this strictly in the interest of harm reduction which i'm sure we can all appreciate....

anyhow, the combo of suboxone and too much lsd landed me in the hospital with serotonin syndrome/toxicity which is essentially a form of poisoning. please educate yourself on this, OP, if you plan to engage in the use of psychs/enthengens/etc.

be careful what you consume. i am not hear to judge.

with the quality issues in acid in this day and age, i would not take it. you don't know what sort of crappy research chemical you could be getting. some are active in the microgram range just like acid. and again, you're throwing in potentially unknown medication with your suboxone.

again, my post is not to rag on you, OP... just a little PSA on what can go wrong mixing the two substances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]
I'll probably get slammed for this....
If someone is having a difficult time staying clean and coming here for support it would not be good.

Cutty,for some reason all you talk about is how much you know about drugs....You win the award.

This site is to help ppl stay clean or to consider getting clean,or so I thought. It's very distrubing to see how much some "romance" the drugs while they say they in recovery.

For me,if i was to talk this much and reasearch so much about so many drugs then that would lead me right back to where i was.
Some of us are fighting for our lives and trying to find info on how to stay in recovery. We all "experts" when it comes to using. How about some expertise on recovery?

I'm shocked that this site has allowed so much of this to continue day after day for the last week or so.

This is just my personal opinion.

Marie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:26 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

cajunmeme wrote:
[b][i]
I'll probably get slammed for this....
If someone is having a difficult time staying clean and coming here for support it would not be good.

hi cajunmeme! i don't think anyone should slam you for those statements and i certainly agree with you to an extent. however, i think if someone is having a difficult time staying clean, we need to do what we can to support them. obviously, if the OP does not desire to lead a drug-free life and chronically posts things of this nature, maybe this board isn't the best place for them.

one thing i have been taught in NA/AA is that we should do our best to extend help and advice when possible. i realize in my previous post i did allude to a time when i was still using other substances while on suboxone. i cannot rationalize it in anyway and i'm sorry if perhaps i glamorized some of my lsd experiences, however those are all quite in the past.

i have a strong belief in harm reduction which was the crux of my post to advise him that mixing these substances with a strong medicine like bupe can be very dangerous.

let's do what we can to help the OP get back on track, but of course only if that's what the OP desires. otherwise he may want to go to another forum.

again, this is not a slam to you, cajunmeme. you have a very valid point and thank you for having the bravery to speak your mind in a well thought out way. it's definitely a very important subject and vital to the true spirit of this board. is there a way to report this to a mod?

i would request that a mod probably lock this topic if that's possible. i am new to the board, long time lurker!

but some us us fall into that trap of saying "well it's not an opiate so it's ok..."

if you're going for true sobriety, you can't do that, bottom line. plus mentions of other drugs like this could serve to trigger others, which is another reason this should probably be locked.

-a

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[i][b]
Powerballad,
I try really hard to not judge anyone and I've tried really hard to not say anything. We all have our own paths to go thru.
I had posted a few days ago that several years ago I tried to continue to smoke pot and for "me" it led me back to relapse.

Us being able to share our experiences are Great to be able to do. I was just pointing out that it seemed rather odd to see someone to continue to talk about all sorts of drugs without no talk of recovery.

We all know how difficult it is to come into recovery and to stay. We all have our own journey.

I think we have enough Mods and that would be up to them to know how far we go with this type of info.
I was just giving my 2 cents and we all know that's not alot these days...LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The people who have initiated to these recent, almost "pro-drug" posts, remind me a lot of myself before I came to the realisation that drugs delivered more harm than benefit to my life. It took many years, and many hardships to come to that realisation. I would say it came much too late.

We could just lock the threads and ban these people, and have them resume their discussions in some of the more pro-drug forums masquerading as "harm reduction", or we could at least have a real go at trying to shift their attitude to recovery while they're here.

All I know, and this is a fact, is that there are no "answers" to be found in drug use, whether legal or illegal. If someone is seeking answers to life in drugs, perhaps they should try and discover exactly where their problems lie in the first place. Those people who lead healthy, balanced lives I believe rarely have an interest, curiosity or desire to explore the use of substances.

So to those people who I've perhaps "had a go" at by defending these. Just know that I agree with everything you're saying. Most of the views they've expressed in here I believed as well at a stage in my life. Maybe I just don't want these people to need to suffer the hardships that I did to realise that drugs are not the answer.

Sex & rock'n'roll on the other hand ... :lol:

Romeo: I'm of the opinion that anyone can flip out from taking LSD. It's just a matter of "how much". Some people need a lot less than others. If a person ate acid for breakfast for a year, I'm sure they'd never be the same, regardless of how rock solid their minds are.