It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Because some people were expressing discomfort regarding the nature of this this thread, I've moved it to the "Still Messing Around" section of the forum.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Haha, I don't belive people are getting so upset about this. Didn't mean to cause any trouble.
cajunmeme, you have not read any of my posts, if you had, then you would know how commited I have been, and currently am, and will continue to be to my recovery. You can keep posting over and over how weed lead you back to relapse, but that doesn't mean it's a horrible thing and it's bad for everyone. I'm sorry that you cannot even do a simple research on the subject without relapsing, thats pretty rough man. and perhaps you're right, you shouldn't have read this post. I try to keep an open mind and see things from not just one, or even two, but several points of view. and actually put effort into trying to understand, another point of view. I don't just say these things, I do them. Recovry is not only about not doing any drugs, it's about changing things about your core person, that needs to be fixed. It's about personal growth, it's about the journey of life. It's about being able to admit the mistakes you've made, and learn from them. I do not judge a person on any wrong doings or problems they have in their life, but instead on the way that person deals with those problems.

I have always made it perfectly clear in my posts that I don't advocate any person in recovery start useing psycedellics or pot. My main point through all of this is that it has worked for me, worked for many people, and should not just be ignored or shunned as it has in the decades previous, just because of the mass ignorance about the subject in general.

I hope I have managed to educate some of you, not just about alternative uses for pot/psycedellics, but on addiction, and how the brain works. It's not so much the drugs themselvs I find continually fascinating, but how they act on the human body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow, people want me banned too? I'm getting popular here!! ;) Nah just kidding, But thats kinda shitty man. :(

I never did anything to anyone, hehe, jeeze. All I've tried to do is get people thinking about how addiction works, and have a discussion about it, thats all. and I think the moderators realize this, thats why they are moderators, and not you...or I for that matter. I'm sorry if some of you people feel this way. Not my intentions

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]
Ah,Excuse me Cutty. I have not posted over and over about me smoking and relapsing and quite frankly I've been trying to be nice to your comments.
Where do u come up with that I can't read research without relapsing.. I don't have to reasearch it I've lived it. I never said I'd relapse by reading any research. I'm just not interested in it.

All you talk about is drugs and you want us to fall all over you of how great your info is.

You say you don't like being on a thread for Still Messing Around. What the heck are you doing if you not still messing around? You just don't like what someone has to say unless they agreeing with you.
If you still doing drugs guess what you still messing around. There is nothing wrong with it. That's why the thread is there. Where would you like to be put at? It is you that is making something bigger than it needs to be.

This place is for ppl to come for recovery and for new comers that could scare them off and if you are sincere then you would understand.

You are still young and think your way is the best way. Perhaps it is for you but not for everyone. You might want to stop beating the horse it's gotten old and quite frankly boring.

Feel free to whine to whoever you want about me but get it straight before you put my name in your post.
I've not seen one posts of anything positive of recovery only the positives of smoking pot.

Have you researched real recovery while you putting all that energy into all the other crap?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Why don't you go read some of my other threads bud.

People are so hung up on being completely drug free, that they loose sight of what recovery is about. It's about a learning experience, it's about maturing, it's about personal growth and taking responsiblity. It's about making what you found to be unmanagable in your life, and doing something about it. People like to blame the drugs for each and everything that has gone wrong with their lives. because it's not an easy thing to do, to look at yourself and find the answer.

What am I doing? THATS what I'm doing buddy. Thanks for asking. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Also, if what you're saying is true. Then everyone that has a cup of coffe or smokes a cigarette, or takes an asprin should be in the "still messing around" section. Oh yeah, and that other thing too, thats also a drug, a very powerful and addictive one at that, what is it...? Oh yeah SUBOXONE! :P Most of us are still on drugs buddy. and look, look how much suboxone helps people. Hmmm, now why can't marijuana do the same if used in the right way?

And I suppose I'll have to say this AGAIN. I NEVER advocate or encourage anyone new comers or anyone, to go out and do anything that they think may make them relapse.
I mean, is it really making you that uncomfotable just by somebody posting a thread about the medical, and thereputic use of marijuana? jeeze

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You may preceive me as a typical "stoner dude". But it's just not the case. I'm not sitting here posting things about sitting around smoking pot and partying and whatnot. This is thereputic and medicinal use we are talking about here.

Understand, there is a difference :) Just as suboxone can be abused( a drug that helps so many, you included I assume) marijuana can be abused, as with any drug. Does mean that if used properly and with an educated mind at the helm, it cannot be hugely beneficial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[b][i]

How about this,bud as u like to say.
Don't read my post and just continue on...
Like I said,you don't like that everyone does not agree with you. That's what opinions are,just opinions.

I'm done with this..Bud

It's not in my nature to continue doing this childish tit for tat. That would have been in my using days. So,carry on and good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yet you continue to do it(tit for tat whatever that implys) and be very hostile in the proscess. I'm not the one getting all red in the face over God knows what.

Thanks for the posts anyway. All of you. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Also, why don't you have a vaild response to my last post. That would be called having an intelligent conversation about something. Instead you're just ignoring the topic, and telling me I don't like people disagreeing with me. Whitch I've made clear many times that I love debate. As long as you don't personally attack me, then I would welcome somebody that has a conflicting opinion.

Thats how you learn, you cannot be stubborn and get anyplace in life. BUD :P haha just kidding, not trying to instigate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:16 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Cutty, you say that you are looking for intelligent discussion...but the only person you are engaging with on this thread is cajunmeme (the one who doesn't agree with your position). To me, it looks like you are just looking for a fight.

Several other people have made thoughtful contributions to this discussion, and you have basically ignored their input. If you are here to really discuss the potential of hallucinogenics and marijuana as a recovery tool, then talk about that. But if you are just here to try to bait other members into an arugment, that is not cool. I have been sticking up for you so far, but you should know that I've got my eye on you. Please do not try to stir up drama on the forum for no good reason.

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:42 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

hope i didn't step on toes. it was a splash to make with a first time post. anyway i was speaking hypothetically about bans and locking the thread. obviously i'm not a mod and it seems like the mods here do a fine job.

it was such a good point brought up about pot leading to a relapse. it could be anything! what caused me to relapse was alcohol and benzodiazapines. it could be stress at work, a break up, it could be something grand and you may relapse as cause for celebration.

it can be anything.

watch out.

only you know your triggers, and hopefully you know them well. that said, i've got the here to help hotline, my sponsor, and some helpful support members on speed dial and if i feel myself getting in a situation i call them. i hit a meeting. hell i go lock myself in my room and read recovery forums or addiction stories or meditate.

OP, i don't judge you. and i don't judge anyone in this forum.

anyhow, OP, i'm glad you've found relief from opiates, just don't slide down a slippery slope!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

LSD is actually a very non-toxic drug, done in a same envirment, with safe poeople with a safe dose and no mental health disorder it is one of the safest drugs ever ITS LD-50 os extemely low. it is less toxic than aspirin. only bad things are when people don't pull their head out of the loop and get stuck in the time warp. i have seen on level 100. running arround changing their cloths every 20minutes picking up stuff off the ground and trying to trade it to people at a BARTER FAIRE/Rainbow festival. he did not come down and stayed that fucked up the whole 3 days i was their.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:42 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

you wont get anywere smoking pot and being on suboxone. whats the fucking point? your brain doesent learn anything, and you just sit on the couch.chair eating Cheetos all day im glad i quit. sorry i come off like a nay-sayer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I pretty much guessed that I was being monitered, and I didn't mean to cause any problems, Diary of a Quitter. I appreciate that you allowed me to speak my mind here.

Spike, do you honestly still buy into that old hippe, stoner sit on the couch and eat chips all day sterotype? come on now, this is 2011. Thats almost like saying all people of a certain race look alike. It's ignorant to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I thought I responded to everyone? I tried to. If you'll go back and look you'll find I pretty much have. Don't mean to ignore anyones input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This place is for SUPPORT & HELP whether someone is clean or trying to get clean .. not judgment from others. If you dont like something someone has posted then just move on from that post and read something else. Just because someone is comfortable posting an answer to someones question about a type of drug does not mean they are not in recovery. Just because talking about it may be a trigger for you doesnt mean it is for the next person. All I am saying is we are not here to come down on anyone for anything, us as members dont get to choose who gets banned or not and its that way for a good reason. If I dont like a post or something someone said then I move on. I am not better then anyone therefor its not my place to judge or come down on them. I try to help and support anyone I can no matter what theyre situation. If its something I dont agree with then i put my feelings aside or I move to something else. We all struggle with our own issues and not everyone is the same and we cant expect them to be. We definitely dont want to scare new comers away because they think other members will come down on them for something they are having trouble with and if they see posts like this then it might scare someone off who truly needs help. Nobody wants to be judged and nobody expects to when they come here so some ppl should try to fix that so it doesnt happen.

*Battles are fought everyday, some you win & some you lose..Addiction is a war & every second you're still alive you're winning that war..*

Post subject: LSD and it's problems
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:45 pm 

I never responded when this subject first was posted as the debate got kind of heated. Romeo posted and exact duplicate of what happened to my neighbor across the street. At about 18 he went into full blown schizophrenia and has been walking between two worlds ever since if he's still alive.

Back in the late 60's and early 70's, I got my LSD directly from San Francisco Berkley from a guy named Ozley. Remember him? Also sent us MDA, an early version on MDMA I think.

In the late 60's and early 70's there was some acid going around that was causing tremendous damage to our youth, me included. It was called Orange Sunshine and was cut with STP, what ever that was but we heard it was causing brain damage. I took one tab and got so high I was on another planet. Ended up with Grand Mal Seizures and my best friend saved my life at 15 years old because I had stopped breathing. The old pure acid was safe but one never knew what they were getting. Not sure just how much brain damage it did but it took two weeks until I was coherent. Not good.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case people think it's a harmless drug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:55 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

tearj3rker wrote:
I hear what you're saying Romeo. But the way psychedelic drugs influenced me definitely had its positives and negatives.

On the positives, I'm a much more of a "bigger picture" thinker these days. When I see conflict, current issues, issues in my life, I'm always thinking beyond just the issue at hand. Whenever a friend gets bogged down in some issue, I'm always reminding them of the bigger picture and beyond. Most conflict in the world is driven by very narrow views, so it can be quite frustrating.

Negatives - It most likely contributed to a psychosis, which no doubt led to me using heroin. And still today I look at some patterns in curtains, on fabric, or images on my computer screen and they shift and morph in that trippy way a little bit. This has been going on for years. Psychedelic drugs fried my maths brain. Psychosis fried my date / time brain and organisational skills. I still double book and triple book things regularly.

I think I just got into psychedelics a bit young. My friends and I had our first huge acid trip at early 16 while camping. This was trees turning into medusa heads type visuals. I remember clearly my hand turning into a shovel, and it started shovelling a dirt pile that was actually a mountain on the horizon into a barrow that was the mountain next to it. Very strong acid.

I took a lot of acid as well.... but, at the end of my use, they were called 'gel tabs' ....these weren't strong ...it was BAD ACID. I remember having traceres months, even years after I took the acid. change in brain chemistry- i think so.....then when i discovered benzos, i could get as high as i wanted and if i started to bug out- just take a couple bars
X didnt do shit exect make me shake and bite my lips off- now i see a shrink and i will have to the rest of my life. i know acid and X didn't help! oh, im bipolar and a benzo addict too(fun)- the benzos were/are a safty net for when i feel a 'freak out' coming. im half crazy, but nobody would pin point it if we ever were to meet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:38 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

powerballad wrote:
ok, here's some thing to consider. suboxone has seretenoginic effects. so does acid. this is a potentially dangerous cocktail. if you are on any sort of SSRI/SRNI type medications it can be even more dangerous. now, i am not against the use of psychedelics when approached with proper respect and i will admit that LSD in particular has help me tremendously, especially when it has come to managing my addictions. i personally was able to quit methadone after going on a little lsd binge and managed to stay clean for three years which was the longest i had ever been sober. i do not advise anyone run out and do this though as your mileage my extremely vary. research it though, lsd is thought to help mitigate addiction. anyway... i'm sure that's all debatable and what to mention is this....

anyway, i have experimented with suboxone and lsd. say what you will, i'm not looking for haters here. i post this strictly in the interest of harm reduction which i'm sure we can all appreciate....

anyhow, the combo of suboxone and too much lsd landed me in the hospital with serotonin syndrome/toxicity which is essentially a form of poisoning. please educate yourself on this, OP, if you plan to engage in the use of psychs/enthengens/etc.

be careful what you consume. i am not hear to judge.

with the quality issues in acid in this day and age, i would not take it. you don't know what sort of crappy research chemical you could be getting. some are active in the microgram range just like acid. and again, you're throwing in potentially unknown medication with your suboxone.

again, my post is not to rag on you, OP... just a little PSA on what can go wrong mixing the two substances.

wow, very interesting/ thanks for sharing. jc, what did they do for serotonin syndrome? (i've been hospitalized for lithium toxicity before, suxed

Last edited by indigochild on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.