It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've been on 8mg's a day for about a month here in New york city but it's time to go back to Brazil and I can't find any information if it is available in Brazil.
If it's not I'll have to score a bunch of Codeine or something before I leave the U.S. and wean down while I'm down there.You see in Brazil you can't get any opioids unless you had surgery or have cancer or something bad like that.The doctors do not prescribe percosets for migraines like they do here.
on
Any advice? I'm planning on leaving before the 10th of August and I'm very scared of getting sick again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:46 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Back in May a member posted a thread about other countries that allow suboxone. Brazil was on that list.
Here's the post: http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=12789

Good luck!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you.
I had read that post before I made my own but suboxone being "allowed" in the country is not what I'm worried about as I'm going to be living there and want to know if there are doctors that can prescribe it to me.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Sub In Brazil
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey, I saw your post and thought i'd tell you my experience. I was traveling in Brazil and Argentina the past 2 months and had my backpack stolen. Which had my entire supply of Sub in it. Needless to say I nearly freaked the hell out, so I went to the hospital with an empty bottle that I found in my suitcase. As it turns out, they DO NOT have Buprenorphine in Brazil, or Argentina. I was desperate, so I told the doctor that I could also take Methadone, so they ended up prescribing me Methadone at 20 MGs a day. I had no idea if that was enough or not but it turned out to be fine. It's pretty difficult to get and you can't just see any doctor there. You need to go to the Toxicology department in the hospital and jump through a lot of hoops. They took very good care of me though, I was really impressed. It was also free of charge. Anyway, this was in Sao Paulo and also once in Buenos Aires. So best of luck to you. I am not certain if they just don't have it certain areas of the country, but I would think it's nationwide. If any city, I would say Sao Paulo would have it..I fell in love with Brazil during my travels. Take care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow dude if Sao Paulo doesn't have it then Pedro Leopoldo,Minas Gerais won't have it LOL! OMG I'm freaking out now.Hold on I'll be back in a few Ive to run for ciggs.I'll get back to you guys in a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well,this is bad.
Without Suboxone right now I could not survive the hellish life of an oxy addict/user I would surely be living right now.
My wife told me today she and the kids would not come back to the U.S. "Just because you switched one drug for another and can't get it in Brazil".
So here I am facing possible divorce and certain separation because I cannot return to Brazil without Suboxone for I fear I will wind up worse than ever before.

Any thoughts?

Should I get one last prescription,leave for Brazil and taper off there? Stay here and be well but lose my family?
Please help...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:26 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm so sorry you're in this bind and that your family doesn't seem to understand the nature of suboxone. If I were you, I wouldn't make any hasty decisions until you know for sure that you can't get suboxone in Brazil. In the meantime, would your doctor write a final script for more than your normal amount of pills? That way if you do find yourself having to taper off, you can do it over longer than just one month. These are just my thoughts. I wish I had some better answers or ideas for you. I'm sure others will chime in and offer their unique perspectives.

Hang in there and post all you need to to get through this.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

First of all thank you.

My doctor knows my living arrangements and if he could I'm sure he would write me more than a month's worth if I asked.I never thought of that.On top of that my wife said she's had it with the pills and that I shouldn't even show up with any new ones(suboxone).I'll et to work on the doctor and my wife today then later on I'll tell you guys why I'm here and back from Brazil at 35 years old...Gotta go for now but I will update you guys later this afternoon.

Thanks,
Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Back from the sub doc this afternoon.I really feel great going into my second month on suboxone.Next month I will ask for the extra pills needed to leave for Brazil and taper.Right now I need to be stable really.