It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Godfrey,
I appreciate you deleting your post bc doesn't even take a spark these days to start a political firestorm. I already see enough and get enough of politics on my twitter feed/other media and truly hope it doesn't get political on this forum. My thanks for your thoughtfulness, Pelican

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:49 am 
New Poster
New Poster

GorillaChica 81 wrote:
You shouldn't ever mix Xanax with bupe cause you can overdose. My uncle mixed Xanax with methadone and died from it
He was 40. Suboxone can stay in your system for up to a week & a half. Xanax will stay in your system for up to 3 days. Depending on how much water you drink.

Some people are prescribed both, so that isn't actually true.
I'm personally prescribed clonazepam and suboxone.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:34 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Benzos and opioids are contraindicated in general because of risk of overdose. However they don't take into consideration bupe's partial agonist & ceiling effect, and the fact we all have significant tolerances.

Someone who's opioid naive should definitely not take Suboxone & benzos. It could be disastrous. But why would someone who's opioid naive be taking Suboxone anyway?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
Someone who's opioid naive should definitely not take Suboxone & benzos. It could be disastrous. But why would someone who's opioid naive be taking Suboxone anyway?

Well, just as a thought experiment I pretended I was opiate naive again (what a blessed state) :D
One of my first thoughts....more of a question....was how much of a nibble of one of my tapes I should
take on the way to one of the great highs of my life. :|

P.S. Razor, thanks for that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:13 am 

Haha Godfrey, "what a blessed state" that caused the very first laugh of the day. I'd give anything to be opiate naive again!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

jennjenn wrote:
Haha Godfrey, "what a blessed state" that caused the very first laugh of the day. I'd give anything to be opiate naive again!

I know, jenn! I honestly pine for those days sometimes.. I understand it's part of the disease and all. Though it doesn't even seem to be related to cravings, which I really don't have on subs. It's more a kind of painful nostalgia.

Of course if by some miracle my brain could be wiped absolutely clean in that way, I'd likely relapse in about half an hour. But then again I'd like to think not. If I get cancer at some point...I think roughly 1 in 2 people eventually do... I want to be treated adequately for pain. Which I'm told is possible for a bupe person despite the difficulties. But I'm likely not going to get any mental relief by means of the old great feelings. So those days are gone. I think it's understandable that we'd regret that, and miss that.

P.S. Thanks Pelican. I ended up getting the best of both worlds. A positive comment on the content, and then a positive comment on the deletion. :D Seriously though, I agree with you. The world has gone absolutely nuts. I don't want to feed into that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Take naltrexone today and you'll be opioid naive within 24-48 hours.

That being said it will feel like years of the most intense pain you've ever experienced. Akin to being tied to a rack and stretched from limb to limb.

Not worth it...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI TJ,

From what I've read you can't ever go back to that state ,not really. The brain once having been long addicted....in my case over 12 years....rapidly adapts to a resumption of regular use of opiates. Meaning
tolerance builds much more quickly the next time around.

I'm open to being wrong. Hell, I'd love to be wrong. Maybe if you don't resume opiate usage for many years?
But my brain's been changed in permanent ways concerning other kinds of drugs which I stopped using decades ago. Benzos now have a paradoxical effect on me...they actually make my anxiety more intense...and that won't ever change as far
as I know.

Also alcohol will never induce the kinds of feelings they used to when I was 14 years old and getting drunk for the first few times. My tolerance will never go down (unless I keep drinking and the disease progresses to another stage. All of this to say my brain's been changed permanently, and not for the better.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yeah you're right. Once you reintroduce opioids tolerance climbs back up pretty quickly. But initially your tolerance is still low enough to be called opioid-naive? Maybe not. I should read some more about it.