It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

All I can say is I have none. I could notice it a little at the beginning like the first year were I was less and less interested. It has been 3 years and its worse. My girl noticed it of course and now I am noticing it more. I told my doctor and he said he never herd that before. Has anyone experienced this and if so what the hell can I do?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:05 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had the same thing happen to me. I have been on suboxone for 3 years and this past year it got worse. I went and had my testosterone levels checked and my levels were very low (232) for a 33 year old man. My doc prescribed testosterone cypionate injections 200mg every two weeks. It has totally changed my life. More energy, sex drive is through the roof, just feel great. I suggest you get your T levels checked (blood test) and see how that goes. You will be fine. I hope this helps!! Good luck!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks I will call my family doctor an set it up. Thanks for the feed back I never thought about that.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know I need to have mine checked..I'm 34, will be 35 Christmas day..and I really have little desire.
Then again, I haven't bothered with it because I almost want it as little as my wife does...so I'm not in a big rush to have a high sex drive....it would literally be wasted energy. This is why I'm at 5 years and haven't really pushed the issue of having my T levels tested.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:56 pm 

It is important to have your T levels checked periodically. On a normal blood work panel the physician won't mark it down unless you tell him you're having a problem. T levels don't get checked until your later years when it is normal for your levels to drop.

My Dr. told me that low T effects other parts of my body. I think he said something about my bone health. Can't remember exactly. DOCM would really help this conversation if he is reading this.

Sex or no sex, you still want your testosterone levels to be relevant to your age. A simple Google search will probably say what goes wrong.

My 2¼¢

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'll eventually get it checked...I usually encounter a bad case of frustration when I finally do get to a point where it's been 2 weeks and she doesn't understand that guys can only go so long before it's just all-out "I'm gonna molest you with/without your approval"....
I went from being your above-average guy about sex....4 times a week wasn't ever enough...to being just...IDGAF..do it, don't do it...doesn't really matter. But she gets all pissy because ...various reasons...she used to try and turn me down so I would pursue her more...and now, I don't wait on "I don't wanna" before I'm already snoring...

I guess I've just been afraid to have it checked, find out it's abnormal, then start getting testosterone shots and become more ...normal...just to face the same frustration as I do now. I finally told her that the reason I don't get checked is because I almost don't wanna fool around just as little as she does..which really didn't make her happy....but hell...
Sometimes it's a good case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Especially after 15 years of marriage, 16 years together.

RIP little brother. Gone, but not forgotten.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Say you do get your T levels checked and they reveal low testosterone. IMO it's not just as straight forward as treating the problem with testosterone supplements. Hormone replacement therapy for guys basically shuts down their natural testosterone production for the rest of their life. Once you start taking it, the general consensus is that you need to continue taking it for life. Do we really want to be dependent on two medications (Suboxone / Testosterone) for the rest of our lives?

The other obvious plan of attack would be to reduce or stop taking our Suboxone. For most people, the body recovers its natural testosterone production once the opioid is removed, so the problem is reversible. When it becomes irreversible is when T supplements are taken.

Going on T supplements is a big decision and IMO should not be taken lightly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:21 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Same thing. I noticed the second week i started sub my sex drive dived. Could almost feel it going . GF definitely noticed. Really annoying as it was the only thing i had left that really got into .
Testosterone definitely helps. I work out so go on a 3 month cycle every now and then. Big time improvement within a day or so. Almost just want to take it for this reason. Helps no end with mood as well. A general sense of well being. Its not like a drug where you feel something though. Just feel healthy sort of... and horny, not all the time. This would be annoying as well.
Test supplement does NOT close down your own system for life!
It will take a short while for you natural test to produce normal levels again after stopping though. Usually a month or 2. Depending on how long using supplements for.
Once off Sub sex drive comes back to normal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

TeeJay wrote:
The other obvious plan of attack would be to reduce or stop taking our Suboxone. For most people, the body recovers its natural testosterone production once the opioid is removed,

Was gonna say the same thing, Ive found from experience that anything above 4mgs has the same effect on me. Ive been at 2-3mgs for a year now and honestly I dont even notice that side effect anymore, so it can definitely be dose related.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Im not a guy and therefore have absolutely no clue about sex drive and testosterone but have always wondered if those over the counter all natural increase your testosterone pills work. Have any of you tried them? If so have you had any success? Or any horrible side effects?

I'm not asking cause I secretly want to be a man or anything. I'm asking because my husband, who has never been an opiate addict is 37 and is having issues with low testosterone.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:37 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I would say that the over the counter meds would be useless
As we all know. There is no way that testosterone would be an ingredient. I think they profuse to somehow increase you own level magically. Even if it could it wouldn't be enough to make any difference.
It isn't unusual for men in near 40 to suffer this. Low sex drive and depression a symptom
If his Dr prescribes he will probably notice a vast improvement

But First i would try health changes. Work out, eat right, get proper sleep first. This also increases natural test production. I know if i haven't worked out for a while and start all of a sudden sex drive starts coming back. Dont really want to start unless really necessary or wants to for muscle gain. You can start and stop. In fact this is what you should do for muscle gain. Dont want to get your own system to used to not priducing its own proper levels. Just a boost every few months.

I found that in my late 30's when i hadnt really been doing amy proper training i started to not like my body. Would avoid looking in the mirror. Never fat, just soft and out of shape. I found i didnt want to have sex as didnt feel attractive.
I can say this annomosly (spelling?) here that i now like my smooth muscled body and cant wait to get naked with girls. At 45 i am sure im looking the best of my life. Makes a huge difference the body image you have.

My bloody problem now is almost premature ejaculation since coming of sub 3 weeks ago. Really annoying since ive never had this issue since a teenager etc. Now 45! Embarrassing! Hopefully things will settle back in soon . Probably a combination of no sub and 500mg of test a week.

I had stopped the test for the week while withdrawing finally from sub as it is expensive and not easy to get ( not prescribed to me) . Since i knew i wouldnt be hitting the gym for the first week of ceasing sub at least. I was getting depressed by the end of the week so decided to just have my weekly shot. What a difference it made! Even while still in wd, my mood was just lifted and positive the next day.
Every few months i will do a 2 or 3 month cycle on test for muscle gain. I have also been on sub 3 years and methadone approx 15 years before
Reduced sub and have now been completely off for 20 days. Feel fantastic.
Honestly health will make a big difference. Even though all my opiate use i have been traing at gym for 5 years, dont smoke,drink and eat right etc, all this. Maybe thus is why it was a little easier stopping sub??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Not to be an ass but taking non prescribed testosterone shots is far from a "healthy" decision and I wouldnt want someone else to get the wrong idea. Is it even medical grade from a legitimate drug company (ie. safe?) or is it some shady overseas crap with a picture of a cow/horse/deer on the bottle that you get from china? Im guessing its probably the latter if its "not prescribed and hard to get".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:32 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I hear you. But whatever. It is human grade legit test from a real lab. Just like the oxys are in the usa, i guess. Never did any of.that. Before my time i think.
Still real just gotten illegitilly.

I think after 15 years of shooting street H into.my veins i can regard 500mg a week of human test for a 3 month cycle every 6 months a healthy choice. Considering.
Not easy to build muscle when we get over 40. Want all the help i can get. Its safe and it works.
btw, im a medical professional as well. So not totally unaware of what im doing. Checked my own test levels before. While normal they were on the low side of normal.
Just telling my 2 cents. It seemed related to the original question from poster.

For us bunch of addicts we are very eager to wag the finger at someone else.
Oh, ill give a handjob to a biker in a public toilet for an oxy.. but i would never do THAT! Ha ha.