It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone and my mood.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

After reading alot of these other threads, I decided that I would write my own to describe how Suboxone has effected my mood.

When I was at the end of my drug abuse, I felt more depressed than I had ever felt.. And I had recently lost my father at 18 in 2005. I felt 100 times more depressed than I did while abusing drugs then after that happened. I think a lot had to do with how sick he was all of the time, But anyways.. I thought a lot about killing myself, mainly because I never saw the light at the end of the tunnel, I never felt like I could feel any different, it was all I knew, and it was all that I wanted to know. I got fed up and started researching Suboxone, I knew it was for me.. So I was lucky enough to enter a UCLA program that CHANGED my life. Suboxone for me, immediately made me so much happier, I felt like I could get through every day, I felt motivated to wake up.. and I felt happy in life generally. I didnt get 'high' like some people state from the Suboxone, but it definately improved my mood, which was what I needed most. I feel like when people are at rock bottom, Suboxone is more than just a pill that takes away withdrawal. It gives you a second chance, only when I started my taper did that depression come back.. I screwed up immediately and am back on it, and again, it's improving my mood everyday. I really feel like I need to be on this long term because I am to unstable to go back. I dont have any mental problems but I do battle with depression quite a bit. But I feel with Suboxone, I would never need any anti-depressant pills, nor do I want any. Suboxone does it all for me. But thats just me. Does anybody else share this mood lifting effect while on Suboxone treatment?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hello James.....
I can share with you that suboxone definitely made a big difference in my mood. I have had my fair share of battles with depression and I can tell you my depression was at it's worse right before I went on suboxone. I find that sub not only keeps my cravings and all those obessessive thoughts at bay but definitely has helped me beat depression. I no longer take any kind of anti-depressent or mood medication but I do attend AA and therapy...suboxone alone is a big help but I also recommend therapy or counseling to help determine why you were using in the first place. But yes I agree this medicine has worked well for my depression.

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I definitely agree with you, its changed my life in a lot of ways. I have had counseling while in my program but I dont have any insurance so right now I'm seeking out meetings, using the care coach assistance from the Suboxone hotline and looking for a counselor that works with un-insured patients. So far it has helped me quite a lot, but for the counseling I received during my program, I was really unimpressed by it. We didnt talk a lot about my personal problems or fears, we just went over a routine every time about the program itself and filled out work sheets. It was informative but I needed something deeper.. I wanted to just explode with all of my built up feelings and thoughts, and at times I was able.. but she always had a short answer and response for everything. I'm going to continue searching for a counselor that can just listen and let me talk about anything.. so we'll see where it leads me. Thanks for the response! ^.^;