It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone and my mood.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sup guys, i'm here to talk about suboxone and the affect it has on my mood and feelings, i'm very happy there is now a section to talk about this.

Let me start by saying i'm one of the few people that i know where suboxone affects me the way it does, i know maybe 2 other people that it affects the way it affects me.

I know most everyone gets that little high from it when they first start taking it, i've been taking it for 8 months and i still get a full blown high from it for atleast 11/2 hours every morning i take it, sometimes longer and sometimes shorter. Some days i won't feel anything at all, some days i'll dose at 8am and be buzzed until 2 or 4pm. Its nothing like a heroin or oxy high but it is a feeling of noticeable relaxation with a bit of euphoria and my whole body feels light. It takes away all boredom, kinda like what the dude in the other thread said. I can be at work or school and work very hard enjoying whatever im doing, i can also be sitting at home infront of the Television and be just fine. It totally removes my depressions and anxieties and i rarely ever think about using...until the buzz begins to fade. When i feel it fading mass cravings hit me, not all the time but sometimes. Some days it has faded and i dont even notice, some days the mood change doesn't hit me at all and im left feeling just like i did when i woke up and that leaves me feeling angry and resentful the whole day.

All in all suboxone has worked wonders for me, i haven't used any other opiates or drugs for 8 months, only my suboxone, unfortunately i have a problem with dosing more than i'm prescribed because of the way it effects me, i'm left chasing those effects and sometimes have a very hard time stopping myself, i'm still working on it.

I don't wanna ramble on and leave a page to read like i do in my other posts, so please ask me questions and i can elaborate more on how exactly it makes me feel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey,

I've noticed that I become more relaxed and buzzed after each sub dose in the morning. the buzz is much better if i taper down and then take double. this has made it extremely hard for me to taper successfully as i miss the buzz, but i am down to 1 or 2mgs/daily. my best friend is on 16 mgs and above trying to chase the high he gets on it. Has it made it harder for you to taper down because of the buzz?

I also just want to mention that I am pregnant and after each sub dose the baby kicks harder and for about an hour. so i think he feels it too.

I hope he understands
That he can take this life
And hold it by the hand
And he can greet the world
With arms wide open...

JJL Due 8.14.10 <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Justagirl -
I'm going to try to be gentle with my words. Am I to understand you're pregnant and you're not taking your suboxone as prescribed? And you think the baby feels it when you take more than the prescribed amount??! Why are you doing this? Suboxone treatment is for putting us into remission, to get us out of our active addiction behaviors - it's not for us to get high or buzzed from. I'm not clear why you started suboxone if you still want to be chasing a high. Have you thought about that? It sounds like you're still in the throes of active addiction. Please consider your own recovery and health as well as the health of your fetus. And please understand I'm in no way judging you. I'm simply very concerned - about you, your recovery, and your pregnancy.

Take good care of yourself, please.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think one thing people dont understand about we who get high from our suboxone is that WE NEVER ASKED for that to happen. the doctors told me it would take away my withdrawals and thats ALL. After i took it, it got me high, i didnt try to make this happen, i just wanted to feel normal i felt SO BAD. I thought it would go away after a while, it did, then it came back again. Of course we seem to be stuck in the throes of addiction because the suboxone has left us with a buzz and it has given us a buzz for so long we can't take it like others that dont get a buzz. The difference between us on suboxone and us on drugs is that we function, lead productive lives etc. etc. Those people that tell me why dont i just keep using if im getting a high from my sub dont understand that i'm productive now, i don't try to get a high from my sub, the sub just did it to me and now i expect it, it's been getting me high for so long, i expect it to happen now, but i don't actively complain to others the days i dont get a buzz because i know thats not what it's suppoed to do.

Those of you whose bodies dont react in the way mine does or hers does won't understand what our recovery is like and what we go through, it's ALOT harder if your chemistry is like mine. If suboxone got you high everyday you took it, you would be stuck in the obsession and all of that too. It's difficult to explain, i'm not saying it's right, but even when taking my suboxone as prescribed it STILL gives me a buzz, when i take half my prescribed dose IT STILL gives me a buzz.

As for you a couple posts up with the pregnancy, please try your best to take the sub as prescribed for the sake of the baby, if anything you might wanna even ween and take less, because the more you take, the harder it could be on the bebehs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:08 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

"edit"

Last edited by RonnieSr79 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:21 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

kev this sounds like the other post u had deleted? So why make anoher one cause u know people are gonna comment the same way. You talk about getting a full blown high off of sub? is it really a high or u just feeling good u don't have to take pills or shoot h all day to feel good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So your giving advice now.........read your own post......It's not my fault I get a buzz.......you take more than is prescribed and then you have to taper to make it till your next refill!!!! Have you shared with your doctor that your sub makes you still get a full blown high from it for atleast 11/2 hours every morning i take it, sometimes longer and sometimes shorter? I doubt that you did otherwise your doctor would not have doubled your dose......I think your playing with fire....I think your tolerance for opiates is not that high and 8mgs may be too high for you....It's Saturday so you have another month of suboxone to play with.....You still have not shared how you plan to not abuse your suboxone so you don't run out.....So what is your plan??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:15 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can tell you all what's going on with the people who still feel a "buzz" every few days from Suboxone. You're not taking it the exact same way or the exact same time spent dosing or at the exact same time every day. My doctor helped me understand how important that is because if you do you end up over the "ceiling effect" and taking more does nothing. So if you're tired of wanting to chase a "buzz" you should try doing what I do and take the medication the exact same way at the exact same time every day. I take mine commuting to school from where I live. It's about a 35-40 minute drive so it works out well. I start dosing by breaking up the tablet with my teeth and spreading the resulting paste all around the interior of my mouth. I continue doing this for the entire commute without swallowing. Once I pull into the school parking lot I finally swallow and then I don't eat or drink anything for at least another half an hour. If I were a betting man I'd bet everyone who has days where Suboxone makes them feel different every couple days is either not dosing long enough or eating drinking or brushing their teeth right after dosing. Just my opinion though and I've even tried taking more than prescribed and it's just a waste of money.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This post was already posted before I had my other one deleted, and this one is in the correct category, BUPE AND AFFECTS ON MOOD. If bup is not a mood altering substance according to you guys, then why is there a section for the effects bupe has on your mood?! Bupe has a very strong affect on my mood, it relaxes me and i become very happy to do even the most mundane tasks, thats what i liked about heroin, i was ok doing whatever i was doing, except most of the time i just wanted to sit around. Yeah it's saturday i picked up my script, i dose at the same time every morning, between 8 and 9 o clock and hold it in my mouth until 9 or 10 o clock. I used to take my whole 16mg at once to get the most effect out of it, i'm not going to do that this time, i just took my 8 mg and swallowed about 30 mins ago, i'll wait until 3 or 4 when i start to feel shitty and then take my 2nd 8mg dose then which should hold me til bedtime.

I don't know what i expect ppls responses to be Ronnie, but i saw this section for Bupe and mood effects and i was like "Yes thats exactly where i need to talk about how this affects me and where i can get advice." This post isn't the same as my last post where my main question was, would i go thru withdrawals, this post is stating the affect bupe has on my mood and what it's like for me. And since this is the thread for it, i feel it's appropriate to talk about here. I'll take my script properly and it's still gonna give me that lightweight buzz, i don't know exactly what it is im feeling but i swear i feel different, and different in a good way, better than normal and i get all my work done, take care of my house since my dad is too drunk to do it, and im glad to pickup after him all day, whereas without the bupe i would be like fuck you dude. I'm functional and i'm a nice person now.

As for my advice giving, i dont know what advice i gave besides the last sentence to the pregnant woman and just because i'm sick doesn't mean i'm stupid. If i was pregnant i would flush this shit down the toilet and go thru hell for the sake of my baby, i have a little brother and sister and i do WHATEVER it takes to take care of them and protect them from my dad, yeah i might be being hypocritical telling her to take her sub as prescribed but that is the right thing to do because you're not being fair to the baby, the only person i'm being unfair to is myself, but it would be wrong if i had a baby inside of me because he isn't asking for all that shit, he doesn't have any say in the matter so naturally the right thing to do, would be to do whats best for the baby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

i feel like i've stepped into an NA meeting and openly admitted my use of suboxone, in the sense that we're not supposed to be getting high off this stuff according to science, so i've come in to your forums at admitted that suboxone gets me high regardless of how i take, prescribed, more than prescribed, less than prescribed it all gets me buzzed. So now i'm like the demon to you all, i go to meetings every single day, i'm seriously trying to improve my spiritual health and my whole life, i care about my recovery i've just been having some problems, isn't that normal to have some problems? So if you guys don't want me and my poison here i will leave. I've really enjoyed reading over the posts in this forum though, you all seem like a great bunch of people, but if you would just prefer i not post than i can oblige because i wished i woulda just never vented to anyone about my dillema in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Listen no one thinks your a demon and I hope your following your other post and read some of the responses. As you may or may not know people read this forum when researching suboxone and making a decision to go on it or not. That's what I did. If someone saw your post where you are saying I get a great buzz sometimes lasting several hours and then admit that you abuse the medicine it could scare some people away from this type of treatment.......for me once I got sober from alcohol I started to feel again......emotions I had numbed for so many years.....sometimes when we feel good for the first time in our lives it can be some kind of high. Dr. J says that it is probably psychological......as some have said if we believe something is good for us it could be a placebo bcause we want it to work for us in such a bad way...I just worry that if you are getting a buzz and taking more than prescribed you could run out and relapse........and some relapses result in death. We don't want to see that for anyone. I would really evaluate where you are at and what your triggers are? Because what you describe in your behavior is active addiction......your not at a NA meeting......we just want people to know that if you take suboxone as prescribed- get on the right dose- work a program..whether that be a 12 step program or therapy and work on getting better. I for one know that long term maintenance is the right choice for me. If I did this in a 3 month program I think I would relapse. Share your feelings, experiences just as we share ours....it is your life. You can choose to do whatever you want....but if your not serious about it......get out of the program because there are waiting list for months for people trying to get in with a sub doctor. We do only want to help and if you take it differently there is nothing I or anyone can do about that......glad you made it to your refill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So apprently my old post got moved http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=10203#10203 So i'm gonna post up here what i posted up there after reading some of those responses

...i don't know what to say except Thank you...

The reason the doctor prescribed me the second 8 was because i was getting extreme cravings near the middle to the end of the day and i asked her if the 2nd sub would help me, she said yes because if she upped me to 16 then my brain would be so blocked up with bupe i wouldnt be able to use and get a high out of it. She told me i could take 8 in the morning and 8 in the evening.

I'm not going to abuse my sub anymore, i couldnt sleep last night, the drop from 16 to 8 finally hit me kinda hard last night and i was scared to death, i managed to sleep about 4 hours. I don't know how i take my recovery, but i wake up at 5 in the morning every morning when i rather sleep til 10 and go to my favorite meeting.

I also always wondered about getting kicked off my program but they dont do pill counts and dont check bupe levels in your piss, still i know i run an unneccesary risk if they ever decide to call me in for a count.

I don't know what to say or how to explain myself, i guess i don't need to, i'm just making a commitment to you guys that i'm gonna go back to taking my sub as prescribed, i was really good about my sub in the beggining of treatment.

I'm honestly too scared to bring this up to my doctor thats the honest truth and i'm not ready for that, i'm too scared to tell anybody thats why i came here to tell all of you because i don't know you in the real world. I'm just gonna go back to taking my sub as prescribed and i can be truthful with you all on here which is a great thing. If anyone was to ask me however about my sub and how it's going for me i wouldn't lie to them, i just don't lie i stopped that a long time ago, but i do choose to omit things unless directly asked about them.

I will take my sub as prescribed, rework my 1st step, i'm only on number 2 anyway, i've been slacking, hit up meetings in full force and get control of everything again, i'll keep you all posted in this thread.(http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=10203#10203) Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:02 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I personally like u and I don't think your a demon and poisoning anything. I just don't want you to take your sub to try to get high. I know your young and its better to be in recovery now then later. Hey your better then me it took me 4 times to really get it. I never even abused pills I was just dependent on them for my pain I only took 2 per day as prescribed and only been on sub a couple of months and been sober for 4 years coming up. So my tolerance was really low and I never felt high of them or sub. Anyways I don't think anyone dislikes u and wants you to leave!!! I personal like addicts more then anyone cause I can relate to there struggles more then anything cause I've been there. My last relapse was 6-6-06 pretty weird date right. Got sober 6-26-06 and never looked back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am totally confused as to why the other thread was deleted. It appears it was making people angry and of course I didn't get back on and read after I posted in it so hopefully I didn't make anyone angry with my post.

Either way, I support you and don't think you should stop posting or go anywhere because I think you are right where you are supposed to be. It is nice to see a commitment from you to take things seriously and I hope you get to LIVE your life instead of chasing a buzz because that life sucks and it isn't living. Given I can relate to your situation to some extent, I will also disagree with your doctor and say I think you should be taking your suboxone only once per day. PERIOD. If you don't have pain issues, there is no reason to be taking it more than once per day. Dosing twice WILL make things harder for you. Dosing once FORCES you to look at what is going on that is making you want to get high. At the end of the day, those cravings are psychological cravings, not physical. You need to explore those a little.

With my last doc, he was fine with people dosing 2-3x per day. He wrote my script that way. As Matt suggested, I was taking my sub incorrectly and was NOT getting max absorption out of it. I have since learned to take it properly. I take it once per day except when I have pain. Even then I am careful. But when I was dosing more than once per day, instead of dealing with my psychological cravings, I just took my second dose. I didn't take it at the same time every day. If I was at work and having a bad day I would take it early afternoon. If not, I might wait till I got home and take it and then work out. Or I might wait till bedtime to help me sleep. It was all stupid because dosing once per day I can still work out just fine, sleep just fine, and I CAN deal with my bad days without a pill. But I only learned these things because of therapy, you guys on this forum, AND taking it only once per day. You may want to TRY THIS for a week and see how things go. For me, it really made me feel a lot LESS like living in active addiction and made me feel more alive. I have to deal with my problems like a normal person. No psychological crutch and really that is all it was.

Also, I understand the fear of talking to your doctor. My last doctor was not someone I felt comfortable being honest with. My new doctor is amazing and I feel extremely comfortable telling her anything. I even told her how ashamed I was for lying to my primary doctor which I wouldn't have admitted to my first sub doc. If you think it is just you and that is why you can't open up with your doctor, then you should talk to your sponsor about it or post here and seek the opinions of others to help you work through it. If you think your doctor might boot you from the program or be mean to you, then you may want to consider a new doc. The ONLY way I can get booted from my program is if I get caught giving away or selling my suboxone. I am glad she told me that because I feel like I can talk to her about anything. She understands addiction and it is her responsibility and her GOAL to help me get my life back. I have to learn to ask for and accept help which I am TERRIBLE at. But it is SO NICE to have her help because then I am not trying to figure out this complicated disease on my own. I am horribly unqualified to treat my own addiction and I NEED help from others. After my last stint quitting the sub on my own, I just decided that I am done being my own doctor. I surrender. I have given control of my healthcare to my sub doc, primary doc, and therapist. I do what I am told (for the most part as I make mistakes). It is a relief to not feel responsible for curing myself anymore.

I am really glad you posted. I wish they didn't delete the other post because I think it is extremely valuable when things come full circle like this. Even when people get upset. You get all of the opinions of everyone and you can see the process at work and how it changes. There is growth in everyone in these kinds of threads and a lot to be learned.

I wish you nothing but the best and hope you will feel comfortable continuing to share where you are at regardless of criticism. I don't think you should be posting for the benefit of others. You should post for yourself. Although I suppose if there is something an outsider could misinterpret or misunderstand, it could always be moved to members only so as not to negatively influence outsiders.

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have to agree with Kev. I've been on sub for 15 months. It definitly gets me high and changes my mood, and that mood change is what we addicts crave. I struggle with only taking as prescribed, but I also probably wasn't upfront with my doc and told him i was fine at 3mgs/day, when in reality im using 4 to 6. What Kev describes is exactly what i'm feeling, and i guess those who are attacking him simply don't have the same body chemistry. None of us are perfect and I think the important thing is that he recognizes the problem, and gives some serious consideration to decing if he will fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for you post dason i knew i wasn't crazy, altho it's still no excuse to take more than i'm prescribed im deffinetly gonna cut that crap out but suboxone does give me a deffinite mood change. I took only what i was supposed to take yesterday altho i did does once at 9 and then i dosed my other 8mg pill around 3. I used to dose once per day and it was only to try and get more of a buzz because i thought oh hey instead of taking 2 8s seperately i can take them together and i realized that did nothing because i was at the ceiling already. I get just as much of a mood change taking one 8 and two 8s. Another thing i wanted to mention but i forgot how i was relating it to this post but the sublingual bioavailability of bupe is about 33% and just eating bupe is about 20%. Anyways after a while i read this forum and thought oh ok i should be taking it all at once but then later in the day would come and i would end up using more than what was prescribed where as if i took them seperately, i wouldnt end up taking more than what i was prescribed. I talked to my doctor about it weeks ago, the once a day dosing thing when we were in our support group with all the other ppl that are on sub at my clinic and she told us we can dose however we're comfortable doing it. Right now my main goal is to just take only the 2 8mg pills a day that im allowed to take and NO MORE, once i get that under control i'll looking into different dosing patterns and whatnot.

I talked to my doctor and others in my program about dosing once a day and if dosing more than once per day enforces addictive behavior and they said dosing your whole dose once per day in their view also enforces addictive behavior because your thinking oh why take it in little bits when i can just take it all right now and get really loaded or feel ALOT better instead of a little better, however you do it, it reinforces addictive behavior if you have the wrong mindset behind doing what your doing.

Anyways i'm doing okay, i made a post in the misc issues section about my boredom and if you guys just wanna come and chitchat up about random things, or talk about boredom and how it affects craving and whatever, i think i named it "HELP ME IM SO BORED" or something like that. anyways im out for my walk in the rain now >.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

"I am totally confused as to why the other thread was deleted. It appears it was making people angry..."

I've been scratching my head on this one as well Jack. I guess I wasn't aware that posts that make people angry were now against the rules. It also seems like someone has a lot of work to do and a lot more posts to delete as this can't be the only one that remains that has "made people angry." Perhaps I'm missing something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:42 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kevgeon,

I am sorry but I have to call bullshit. You are INTENTIONALLY separating your dose so you can try to get a buzz. You say you talked to your doctor and this was discussed in your group and people were saying dosing once per day OR twice per day can reinforce addictive behavior. First off, that is crap because even you said you aren't going to feel any better if you take it all at once which is why you CHOOSE to take it more than once per day. So psychologically someone might "think" they are going to get more effect, so in that way MAYBE REFLECTING an addictive behavior, but the only behavior REINFORCING your addictive behavior is taking it twice per day. That is because the sub impacts your mood and you want your mood impacted twice instead of once. INSTEAD of doing the RIGHT thing which for you would be to dose once per day PERIOD. When you feel like taking an extra sub after that you should be going to a meeting or talking to your sponsor, or getting a therapist, or getting on here and working it out.

I am going to be real honest and tell you that FROM EXPERIENCE you are doing it the hard way and you are making it worse for yourself. Remember....I have done this. You have your mind trained to look for a magic pill every time you are a little bit tired, or bored, or irritated, or have an undesirable emotion, etc. When you take suboxone first thing in the morning, you haven't even had time to be irritated by anything yet so it is a fairly safe time to take the sub. But you pick and choose when you take it later in the day. So it is whenever you feel like you need your "mood" to pick up a little. When you do this, what you AREN'T doing is learning what else to do about your mood, emotions, and other issues. All you know how to do is look for a pill. So your doctor is wrong in telling you people to do whatever you want in terms of dose. That is HORRIBLE and I know a lot of them do it but it is still a dumb thing to do.

As soon as I started dosing ONCE per day EVERYTHING became a hell of a lot simpler. This is because I had to figure out a NORMAL way to deal with life. I don't get to take another pill every time I don't feel wonderful. Instead, I read a book, work out, talk to a friend, cook a meal, blah blah blah. MOST of the time I realize I didn't need that extra sub I thought I needed anyways. The more times I learned I really didn't need the extra sub, the less I think about taking that extra sub. I am changing the behavior pattern. YOU are NOT.

Based on your last post, I think you are in a bit of denial about your own behavior. You really ought to give the pills to someone close to you and let them dose you. I allowed my husband to give me mine for a while. Sometimes it just is what it is. You would be less bored if you would start looking into this issue a little. I think it could keep you entertained for a while. You may want to write out a detailed plan of how you will take your sub once per day and what you will do when you feel like taking extra. I have never seen someone so intent on doing this the hard way.

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When i first started taking my 2 8s at once i noticed the heightened mood change, but after i hit the ceiling i realized taking both at once wasn't getting me any more of a mood effect. My doctors are through kaiser so they arent some independent malpracticing pill prescribing doctors, they don't prescribe anything else except anti-depressants and nonaddictive sleep aids such as seroquel or trazodone. When i took both at once i was reenforcing my addictive behavior because i did it telling myself ok im gonna get a bigger better mood change instead of 2 small mood changes. And yeah when i take them seperately during the day i'm probably reinforcing my addictive behavior as well, i don't feel like I am though, i wait until the mid afternoon to the evening to take it, i always take my 2nd one between 3 and 6pm. So if i was to analyze this, yes around 3 and 6pm is when i begin to get a sense of an icky feeling, but my boredom problem starts way earlier than that, i wait until i begin feeling a physical symptom (Probably mentally manifested) of discomfort, so yeah i could read a book, distract myself, go to a meeting, call a friend, get outside, but i also notice when i try to take a walk when this ickyness hits i get fatigued very quickly, the more my blood pressure rises and the more i sweat, the shittier i feel (I live around alot of hills so i always endup walking up a big ass hill on my walk which is where i notice i get real crappy) So i could distract myself it's worked, i had to do it for the last 14 days i was short before saturday, it worked, but man the minute my head hit the pillow it was a damn battle to get to sleep, all the shit feeling came back with a vengeance, the racing thoughts and me beating myself up for the things i've done, I cry into my pillow from the horrible thoughts that won't seem to get out of my head from my dad beating my mom and me when i was little, to when i lost the love of my life and the shit that went on with that, to freaking out if those people are still looking to kill me from when i was living on the streets of SanFransisco and Berkeley. So it is to get rid of the feeling, but i deal with it until its time for bed, i take it a few hours before bed because if i take it too close to bed, i can't sleep for some reason. but if i take that 2nd sub in the afternoon/evening then when my head hits the pillow at night i'm out within 15-25 minutes, sometimes less. So there i've done what an addict is best at and rationalized and justified but i dont feel im doing anything wrong because i've talked to tons of my doctors on the issue and they said it was fine, i never rationalized my taking extra suboxones, i always knew it was wrong and never told myself it was right. However Jack you can't say me dosing twice per day is wrong and dosing once per day is right...PERIOD, i don't wanna try and get in your face or anything but are you a doctor? and even if you are a doctor are you my doctor? My doctors have spent hours with me finding out about my life and my addiction, they are all psychiatrists in addition to addiction doctors, so they have figured out the plan thats best for me. i'm following the instructions of my doctors and they have told me the right way is the way that makes me most comfortable.

Even if i did hand my pills over to someone, my doctor has specifically said i can take them however is comfortable for me as long as it's no more than 2 per day, there are ALOT more doctors than just one at my clinic, all of whom have the power to prescribe suboxone and i have had meetings with them when my main sub prescribing doctor was out of town and they told me the same thing, one actually reccomended since i had horrible insomnia and still have it at times because of racing thoughts when my head hits the pillow that i save my 2nd sub for before i go to bed so i can get the reccomended 8 hours of sleep a human being needs, so i've talked to more than just 1 doctor about this issue. You would think one out of the i think 6 - 8 doctors at the Kaiser CDRP (Chemical Dependency Recovery Program) Would have said something about what doctor Junig has reccomended but NONE of them have even MENTIONED it, never ever ever.
As for now i still am doing good with my suboxone, i haven't even taken my 2nd dose yet and it's 3 o clock, i don't even feel like i need to right now so i'll see how it goes.

Also the whole thing about reflecting and reinforcing addictive behavior i just dont buy that, both REFLECT addictive behavior and both reinforce it because when they take all their dose at once thinking they're gonna get a high, then that means they still are thinking they are getting or need a high at some part of their day.

Thanks for everyones advice and suggestions, i know you guys are trying to look out for me and i'm not angry or resentful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

God jack the more times i read through your post, the more i see a judgemental, one size fits all attitude so i cant even edit my first post anymore as it is botched to hell from additions. Not everyone is the same, i'm not intent on doing this the hard way although you seem to be under the impression that I am, and i don't learn from other peoples experiences, my parents tried to tell me about their hell with drugs and i still had to do it for myself. Like i stated in my earlier post you are not my doctor and dont know me to the extent my doctorS know me (see bold in post above), several have told me dosing twice per day or whatever is fine. Also where you said the right thing for ME to do is dose once a day PERIOD, i reread the sentence and realized you weren't saying specifically the right thing but specifically the right thing for ME, how do you know, how can you be sure its the right thing for ME, it's just absurd, i feel like you think you know me like a book or something. Now my thoughts are crashing like a train wreck, who do i trust, 10 people on a message board, or 6-8 or more doctors and the over 200 people at my program?