It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Also another thing about dosing once a day in the morning being a safe and non-reinforcement of the addiction time to dose i also think is bullshit, first thing in the morning is always a bad time for me because i wish i was asleep and i dont know about anybody else but my day always started out with a hit of dope, thats how i got things going and done, i can't get shit done in the morning unless i get my sub in the morning, i'll go to a meeting before dosing but for some reason that doesn't get at me as doing something all i gotta do is sit and listen and share, i enjoy going to meetings so i wait until after my meeting to dose. But if im gonna get anything done i gotta get my sub in the morning, I also dont like dosing at 5 in the morning because then i really feel like a i need to take more later in the day, whereas if i dose between 8-9 psychologically i think oh i dosed at 5 which means by 5 this evening it will be def time for another dose, where as if i dose at 9 then by 9 in the evening i tell myself i can just try and go to bed, 5pm is too early to go to bed.

Basically the point of this is to say no matter how i look it at, it can all be reinforcing addictive behavior. Taking it once in the morning is basically the same as the old behavior of ok i'm awake now before anything else happens i need to get my dope so i can start my day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Also i'm no longer going to post in or read this thread, i realized by my 3rd post up there i was actually starting to get kinda heated, if you guys wanna debate my inventory and recovery amongst yourselves thats cool, but i don't wanna get all upset over people telling me to do something other than what my doctor has told me to do. It's gonna be really hard for me to not read it, arguments are like a drug for me at times, but i know the end result is a comedown i don't wanna deal with that results in anger and resentments. My priority number one is to just get in the habit of taking what is prescribed for me and going to meetings and support groups, working on my diploma and being productive. I can think about dosing patterns/times and stuff like that later, one thing at a time. Happy Thoughts guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You already admitted that you aren't honest with your doctor and therefore, it doesn't matter what advice your doctor has given because they gave it based on BS information from the patient.

I am not a doctor, but I also know from reading the main suboxone website and from reading Dr. J's posts that suboxone was intended to be dosed ONCE per day.

You admit you are probably rationalizing and justifying your behavior. I agree.

You can think that I am "one size fits all" or "judgmental" as much as you want. I suggest clicking on my name and reading my posts because I don't think I am either of those things. I am being extremely honest with you after reading multiple posts from you. You are VERY determined to be your own doctor and very determined to do this your way. SEVERAL of us have suggested to you that you dose once per day. That is the LAST thing in the world that you want to hear and the last thing you want to do. Do you really think that is your healthy thinking.....or do you think that is the addict thinking in you?

I'm just saying.

Cherie

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:59 pm 
Hi Kev, I hope you don't quit the forum because you are at odds with someone over a particular issue. If I remember correctly from several of your previous posts, you're going to meetings every day, going to school?, working and dealing with an alcoholic parent. That sounds like an awful lot. I don't remember if you said how old you are. It sounds like you'e getting back on track with your recovery, and both you and your doctor are on the same page about how much and when you dose. You also committed to not taking more than your prescribed dose. So I think there are a lot of positives in your life as well as many challenges. I hope you stick around and keep us posted on your progres - I think you've come a long way already, but recovery is an ongoing process. If you don't agree with someone's advice don't feel obligated to give a rebuttal. As they say, take what you need and leave the rest.
Lilly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:00 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I think the medication personally sets everyone one up differently. I agree you should not abuse it and if you need to be on a higher doseage say something to your doctor because personally when my doseage was taken up I have felt more at ease and relaxed without craving like I used to. I was honest with my doctor though and told him that I felt as if my medication was at a low doseage and we discussed and he bumped it up dramatically and I was worried I would feel completely drugged but instead I am actually quite functional on it. I myself am taking 16 mg. a day but everyone is different. I don't think you should try to abuse it though because then you are not using it properly, so I don't support that don't get me wrong sure alot of us have tried it or even I have put an extra few mg. in my mouth before but decided to spit them down the sink because I knew I did not need it. Now when it comes to the part that everyone is debating on the "high" that is a subject that could be argued for days but the thing everyone needs to think about it that everyone is affected differently for one and for 2 if someone states they feel some euphoria or high from it I don't see a huge issue because the pill manufacture itself states that can and probably will happen just look it up on how suboxone works on the website is all I am saying before judging others.

Kody

Post subject: Mood on Subutex
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I take 1/8 of a 2mg tablet once or twice a day, and I also get a good feeling from it, about 1 or 1.5 hrs after taking it.

I am taking less and less than prescribed. Still, a side effect of subutex is the heightened mood, ever so slightly heightened.

Sometimes I am confused by whether my happy feelings are just the result of getting off the drugs and tapering off the subutex, or if it comes from taking the subutex.

That's why I keep tapering down lower and lower, so I can figure out what my real mood is. Due to the long half-life, it takes a few days to feel the effect, so the lower dose from today (Saturday) won't show up until Tuesday.

Post subject: Guess I'm weird but..
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I guess I'm just weird, lol. I got ANGRY, I mean LIVID when I got high after I took my first dose,( as per my post). I got even angrier when the high continued on each day. It went on for almost two weeks! I gave my doctor such sh*t the next time I saw her. Because I don't *want* to be high anymore!! Alas, some people do use it for highs. If we are still chasing a high then, how does it make us different from using vicodin or any other opiate?

I am glad to be out of the routine of thinking about pills after every three hours. I am almost ready to throw out the collection of 100 vicodin per script bottles. I kept them as "trophies". I used to be proud of it, now I hide them away, ashamed. I will however say, it's worked in a gentle way on my depression. I'm functioning in a better way now, and its not a "high" just being normal. I can't explain it, but surely some of you know what I mean. In regards to the prego thing...I'm just speechless. Sorry but...won't that make the baby born addicted? =(

Has anyone else noticed Sub seems to help boot depression too?