It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey gang! So just curious cause I'm sure there are suboxone patients going through this scenario currently and I only pray they find answers and resolve high anxiety times..

So what would happen if patients,who need suboxone who go to clinics in Houston or areas seriously effected by the hurricane couldn't make their appointments this week because of the evacuations? Is there some contigency plan doctors take to ensure their patients don't have to go thru WD while worrying about thier property and families lives? I couldn't imagine having an appointment but the office is currently underwater and your out of meds..I know there are potential warnings of the hurricane do the docs reschedule and have them come in early to fill to avoid such a nightmare? Just something I was thinking about today on the way home from work..god bless those effected by this hurricane and I pray for everyone's safety and health.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:25 pm 

That was my thought exactly when Katrina hit years ago. My guess is that many people went to the pharmacy first before they did anything else. Back then I was referring to Hydro-Oxycodone, Methadone, etc, not Suboxone as I had not heard of it yet. Same goes with anti-depressants or any other drug where the patient would suffer bad withdrawal symptoms. People on Xanax for instance might have a seizure if cut off too quickly.

Let's hope they all stockpiled like we suggest others to do here. I have about a 2 month supply so that would suffice until stores got reopened.

It's terrible to think about but it is a reality.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good thread.

Ya Rule, all those meds. I'm wondering about DeeKay and HTOWN, members here who live in Houston. And all the unnamed others... Think of all those who need all kinds of meds. Pain meds, cardiac meds, those needing dialysis. And then getting trucks w supplies to the pharmacies, clinics, hospitals if the water stays around

docm2 do I remember that you said you helped w Hurricane Katrina?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

These folks have been on my heart and mind.
Pelican, you amaze me with your memory. I mobilized to Hattiesburg for Katrina relief. What a nightmare, I wasn't prepared for that scenario at all. Withdrawals from SSRI's, out of mood stabilizers, opiate withdrawal, I thought we were in Dante's 3rd ring. I counsel contingency management several times a year now with each person I see.
So important to have a plan, no matter what medication you are have been prescribed.
I have a grab bag, documents, critical meds, water and skittles, gotta be prepared with skittles.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:20 pm 

Thanks docm2 for telling it like it is. Our worst nightmare is coming true in Texas. The news said there hasn't been that much rain since many years ago in Hawaii. Don't remember the specifics but getting over 50" of rain is incomprehensible.

You must have seen some people in very bad situations back then. Thanks for going there and helping those suffering individuals.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I have a large supply of Sub stocked up along with my Seroquel. Maybe a 2 to 3 month supply for both. I've lived through several hurricane's already, but this one is way beyond anything anyone could have expected. The Harris County Flood Control District doesn't even have contingency models to deal with this kind of rain. Every river, bayou, creek, & lake are over flowing at 500 year rates. They are only designed for 100 year events.

It's incredible down here, but my home is holding up well. My BFF & Sister have serious floods in their homes. Probably will lose everything. They have their animals & their lives. Their positive attitudes right now are incredible! I'm in awe.

There are no contingency plans for folks & their medications. They say to stock up, but with meds like Bupe sometimes that just isn't possible. I'm worried for those. I'm worried for millions here actually.

You just do the best you can. Help those you can if you're able. And pray!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My heart goes out to ALL the people affected by this horrible freak of nature called a "Hurricane" and I'm praying for mercy for ALL. Especially the children, elderly and the sickly. I can't begin to imagine what they are going through right now!! My heart breaks for them.

When I think about people who are suddenly without thier dose of Suboxone, my heart hurts for them. I can imagine how afraid they are. If they found safety & shelter, thank God, but how in the world do you obtain your Subs in the chaos that must be occurring right now?

I pray they hang in there and by some miracle find a solution. I sincerely hope they don't have to resort to opiates.

I know that if you are affected by this, you most probably can't see our messages but somerhow through ESP, know that we are with you and in our hearts. be patient and maybe by some miracle of mercy, you may find a doctor who can help you in one way or aother.

Love, hugs and prayers,

Queenie