It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:55 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello! just wanted to post a little about myself, share my experience with subs and drug tests :) I will also be doing a little experiment which deals with the question "How long will it take subs to get out of my system for a drug test?!"

First off I'm sure A LOT of people have asked the question listed above at some point during their suboxone program. Scared.. freaked out.. wondering if they will keep there job, lose there job, or straight out not even get the job! Well hopefully we can help ease some minds because I know googling this question on your phone the minute after your called in to test and seeing off the wall answers just makes you sick to your stomach.

Before I start I will say I am taking prescribed roughly 1-2.5 mg of sub per day, only after work and never to close to bed time (since I work early) I currently am subject to random DOT drug tests at anytime.

Now about the DOT tests, I have been called in 3 times since working and all three times I was on a suboxone program. I still have my job and was never contacted by a MRO asking me to explain anything, so they just don't check for it. Hopefully that makes some feel a little better.

Second a pre-employment screen. I'm not to sure on this one and believe that each company is different. I think it all just depends on if the company decided to sign up for and pay the lab the extra money for the package that tests for BUP or not. My take is that if you have a script for anything that comes up possitive you are in the clear.

Now for the experiment! "How long will it take to get suboxone out of your system??" I weigh around 147 pounds, and as I mentioned before I take 1-2.5 mgs daily. I took my last dose yesterday at 2 p.m. I have ordered and received 10 suboxone urine test strips and have decided to test myself starting tomorrow every other day for 20 days, so we can see when my body rids itself of BUP and is no longer detectable in the urine.

Downside :( this will be somewhat different for everyone due to weight, metabolism, frequency and amount of use. I'm sure there are other factors but my goal is to try and get an approximation since there are soooo many different answers.

This is my second time choosing to make the leap to quit and if anyone has any questions about my WDs during my detox or how i'm feeling feel free to ask! :) CHEERS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey nick,

Welcome to the forum!!

When I quit Suboxone, I did the same thing you're gonna do. I believe the test strips I had were 20ng/mL? Anyway, I was getting a weak negative for Bupe after 3 days and a strong, clear line for negative after 4 days. I was about 190lbs at the time.

I'm curious to see how long it takes to "clear" your system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:45 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

hi =) Oh wow, I didn't know it could be that fast! I read those stories from 10 -30 days! haha I'll switch it to testing every day starting tomorrow ! i'll post everytime I take one

CHEERS

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Cool... This is a good idea. I like it. Thanks. As someone subjected to DOT testing I'm curious if its the same for me as it is for you. In my state it's your basic SAMSHA 5 panel test. When I was on subs I never felt anything but I hear its pretty common for people to get a buzz form subs so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the DOT considers including it in their testing- if they don't already.

A few months back we had a forum member tell the story about how their cousin took the dot test and passed only to have their prescription records pulled.. That's kinda scary if they can really do that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:42 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey folks...I also have a DOT pre employment test next week. I have been freaking. I don't know if I can pass taking SUB's. I take 1.75 mg's(Tapered from 24 mg's.) Actually I only took that for a week or so a couple of years ago. I have been taking 2 mg for a year and a half. (Was taking 3 ....80 mg oxy's when i quit) Much better now :D . Anyway does anyone know if i can pass. I also take .5 Xanax at night to sleep. Have quit them for 4 days. Not sleeping either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:22 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I passed guys,,,,stayed off the Xanax and quty the Subs for 4 days and passed...I don't know if they tested for the Subs...I don't know that for sure though....any I got the gig and it is a killer opportunity...good luck to all of u.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:26 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Sorry.. obviously can't type....I meant quit for 4 days and anyway....Amazing that I passed the written pre employment test.. :)