It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:46 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I don't know if anyone would be able to answer my question but I'm just curious how this would work...My boyfriend just recently was court ordered to go to drug court for a crime that happened two years ago...He was supposed to go through a 28 day program in a detox/rehab center as part of first starting the program..(he told them he was taking oxycotin but he has tried suboxone before and it helped him stay off the opiates). They told him a suboxone doctor is perfectly fine to have during their program and wasn't against the rules or anything..and if anything they would help him get a doctor. But two days before he was supposed to get sent to the rehab, he was put in jail(basically drug court being strict and lying about certain things) and they were supposed to transfer him from there to the rehab but failed because he had a warrent for unpaid fines since he hadn't worked because of drug court and paid on it. I finally paid it off, but he has been in jail for about three weeks now. They are in the process of moving him to the rehab (should be this week sometime) but are still expecting him to go through the detox and 28 day program. My main concern is I know my boyfriend, and I know he still has the urges to do opiates. I know suboxone has helped him greatly and he will need long term help getting through this..but now we are very worried since he is not withdrawing anymore or have anything in his system for that matter that he may not be able to get a suboxone doctor. I'm just curious if there is any way that he can get a prescription while not in withdrawal, but because he still has the urge and isn't strong enough to say no just yet, and also experiences the anxiety/depression from all this? (I also don't understand how they can 'detox' someone who hasn't had anything for three weeks?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:58 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I would try not to worry to much about this. You are right, there is no need to detox him if he has been sober for three weeks.

I imagine he will get to detox and they will quickly transfer him to the rehab part.

I think he is a good candidate for sub treatment. Drugs have gotten him in trouble with the law so its obvious he has a problem. Many suboxone doctors dont care if the person is positive for opiates if they could show proof of drug court and explain the circumstances. Some doctors might be more strict though.

I would just tell him to be honest and tell them what you have told us.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI :lol: :lol:

I just wanted to AGREE, with orange doll here, and say that at least in oregon,

suboxone doctors dont care if you have opiates in your system at the time of induction. of course that usually means it's easier to induce,and you don't need a high dose, but ALL doctors are different on the dose, thing.

anyways, ive never heard of a suboxone dr turning someone away for not having opiates in there system as long as like orange doll sorta said already, they've had "consequences" for thier drug use.

Oh, and also the drug court here, allows suboxone treatment AND maintenance, as long as you show a valid perscription when you go take the U/A
I have a pretty good friend doing NINE months of drug court, she's only about a month in and wants to stay on suboxone.

so,
hope that helps,
and I do wish you BOTH the best of luck with everything.
I know once the 'system' gets your name, its like a never-ending cycle,,,,,,,,,seems like they want more and more of your money, so they try to KEEP you "on the books" or however you want to put it.
so hopefully with a lil help from suboxone, he'll be able to break free from that cycle :wink:

again, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/