It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:25 am 
New Poster
New Poster

[font=Arial] [/font] I am so glad I found this board! Have questions regarding Suboxone and my depression and anxiety! When I started Suboxone I was addicted to Vicodin for almost a year. I had left my husband and started divorce proceedings because he was a crack addict..I know..anyway I had been successfully treating my depression and anxiety disorder for many years before this. Well after starting Suboxone in 2005...divorced in 2005..and then from there on my depression got extremely worse including my panic attacks and my ability to just think clearly! Dr at the time tried many different meds but I never felt like me again. So after living through 6 years of ups and downs, mostly downs, I lost my job due to the inability to function normally, although I debated on telling my employer why I was having all the problems I was having, (Subs, depression, treatments etc I did tell them and it still didn't help me keep the job. I worked in the medical field, too many mistakes.

Of course my mental health took an even bigger dive for the worse after that and in 2011 I finally decided I wanted off the Suboxone in 2012. Tapered off and done with Sept 2012. I still was just so depressed and anxious ALL THE TIME. Coming off Subs didn't seem to make any difference. I was on Doxepin, 150 mg day, buspirone 60 mg a day and clonazepam 1 mg twice a day as needed as needed, but I needed it to function in and out of the house. Grocery shopping still makes me anxious!! Everything does! My Dr took away the clonazepam. ??? Said while on Subs I could have it but not off.???Anxiety went through the roof!!!

Now that I was off Subs I could go back to my Dr I had seen many years ago and successfully treated my depression. He left me on the Doxies, reduced the buspirone to 30 mg and put me back on clonazepam 1mg twice daily on a regular basic. I am of course in therapy as I have been on and off through the years..but I am the same or worse as far as depression and anxiety!! I am afraid of everything and it raised the panic level, I cry all the time...I have been this way since 2005 and have been waiting to get better. Never seems to happen. I have never been this bad until the Suboxone But...the divorce was hard on me and was around same time as Subs started......never happy even now though, always afraid of anything....Main question...Could this have been caused by Subs and since I'm only off them 10 months , why I am still so bad??... Does the mind need time to sort of "produce the happy feeling" on their own again? My counselor gives me the advice and tools I need and I use them, my psychiatrist is going to make some changes in my meds but we have to take that slow also. I do exercise but not heavy. For now I just feel hopeless, unhappy, sad and like I have lost my ability to even do simple math!! I have lost 2 other jobs since that too! Which I know makes depression worse but what can I do? Advice please??? I really feel like I have just sunk down lower and lower for the last 7 years and not feeling like I am getting any better! Could the Subs have played a big part in this too??

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:40 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

dpackup61
Hi there, i think your post might have been missed somehow...Everyone here is really nice! :D I'm sorry you have to go through this, i know how it feels to not want to leave the house,,, & how tired you become "WAITING" to get better.Hang in there all things will pass... Is all 3 of your meds for just anxiety,.,,,? I didn't see a antidepressant. Also i thought any bezo was a HUGE "NO,NO" w/ subs,,, you could have respiratory distress. I have some of the same issues as you, depression/panic attacks also PTSD... Basic Paxil worked for me through my 20s,& in my early 30s i started the merry go round of A/D's w/ xanax ...Toward the end of my 30s i was in & out of the doctors/ shrinks ALL THE TIME!!! taking 2 A/D's at a time w/ xanax 4 x a day, working out.... Trying to "talk it out".Really, really,,, trying to no avail.These" give up "times ended in = Percs/vics/oxys,,, I was getting worse as i got older...I also like you ended up on subs for almost a yr,,, i was able to go off all my meds(A/D's xanax) which was strange for me.Panic attacks were GONE it was great i was happy & OFF my A/D's & CLEAN!!! !!! & i too went off subs for about a year, but i starting using(drugs) worse than i ever had... So i'm back on subs...I don't know if somehow suboxone made my depression worse after i stopped them, i was getting worse as i became older anyway...I wish i could answer your question, sorry.....Keep asking for help,,I bet if you post in the~ introductions ~you will get some really good advice, you can even PM the doctor if you like....."Tough Times never Last, but Tough People DO"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:16 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I wish I had more experience with subs but I have only been off hydro for 8 days and on buprenorphine since. I haven't had any emotional problems this week. Intact I feel fantastic and I am even accomplishing more. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety 14 years ago. I tried many combinations of meds but they always gave me odd side effects like one made me aggressive I nearly got into fights so many times. I did enjoy the confidence it gave me but feared for my life. I never really lasted longer than 6 months on any med. after finding Norcos I noticed my depression sort of lifted. I still was super anxious. Hardly left the house, was practically a shut in. I could never shut the voices in my head off so sleeping didn't happen without meds. I hated myself and everyone else. Everything upset me, people walked on egg shells around me so they wouldn't set me off. I spent way too much time dwelling on the past over analyzing anything I said to people. I had constant fears of the future and present and past I guess too. I even was bothered by too much noise. I cried very often too. So I guess the Norcos really wasn't helping as much as I thought it just helped me get through cooking, cleaning, caring for my kids and leaving the house once a week for groceries. I know for some what I am about to say is not an answe but my life is completely different now. I had managed to gain weight over the last few years and decided in November of last year that even though changing seemed impossible and thought I could not do it with my lack of energy I started exercising and eating healthy. I also started taking tons of vitamins. The one I felt really calmed me down was magnesium. I have skipped doses and notice my anxiety go up a bit. Those changes have stopped the voices, most my anxiety and anger.I have hope for the future now. I also decided to try and view things differently. Like turn all negatives into a positive or stop fussing over little things. Why should I cry over spilled milk literally. positive thinking has gone a long way for me.
I do have a huge fear that once I am off the buprenorphine I will somewhat lose some of what I have achieved. But I will take it one day at a time.
I am sorry I couldn't be much help but who knows maybe what I did could help u. Best of luck I truly understand your pain and hope u find something to at least live comfortably.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

A medication that has truly saved my life and may help you too is Proprananol. It is a beta blocker so it helps keep your adrenaline at bay and you don't have to take any benzos with your medication.
It can't hurt to mention it to your doctor. It is not a narcotic.

it helps me so much for anxiety issues. Especially chronic panic attacks.