It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

As I stated in my post yesterday, we have a 0.2 mg suboxone tablet in the UK which makes tapering much easier for obvious reasons. Well, we have an alternative too, a 0.2 mg buprenorphine tab called TEMGESIC, manufactured by Reckitt and Coleman. This is normally prescribed for moderate to severe pain, and addicts here have used them for many years when times are hard. Is there a US brand of this medication? It's just the right size for tapering with, although it's a very small pill and wont be too easy to break into halves or quarters. Still, food for thought perhaps?
Also, there is a 5mg buprenorphine patch, this is also prescribed for pain relief. However I have never heard of an addict using them for withdrawal, or even seen them outside of a hospital ward. But information is power, and who knows, you may know an elderly person who has some unused patches and is willing to let you have them. As far as I'm concerned, we should do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get clean and stay that way, as long as nobody gets hurt or ends up in jail.Of course this includes being DISCREET and CAUTIOUS at all times, and not saying too much to the wrong people about our condition.There is still a lot of prejudice about, as we have all found out at one time or another.
I hope this info has been of some use, let's keep on fighting the good fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:19 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Good info. As I've said before... we need these .2mg here in the US for tapering. I don't understand why the FDA is keeping them off the market??... if thats the case? There must be some kind of political or financial reason for this. I'm sure mfg Reckitt clearly knows the ramifications. Maybe they will lose money if they let the enormous US market become aware that bupe is effective at .2mg. I would think they make more money by selling more milligrams. To let subs patients know .2mg has potency... and could motivate many others to lower their dose. At the very least... it would generate thought among a lot of subs patients regarding why they need induced and maintained at 16-32mg.