It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:41 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Does an inmate who is currently receiving prescription Suboxone continue to get it in a Kansas prison? My wife is currently in jail awaiting transfer to the Topeka prison. I emailed the DOC with the question, but haven't gotten a reply yet.
She needs the Kansas info, of course, but does anybody have info regarding Suboxone & prisoners in other jurisdictions?

`~- Nehmo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Nehmo and welcome to the forum. I don't have any experience with this, but we've had a couple of people post their experiences regarding suboxone and jail/prison here. Unfortunately, they were not allowed access to their sub. That said, I have no idea if this varies by prison or by state. Maybe someone in your state will see this and chime in.

At the very least I wanted to welcome you to the forum and wish you and your wife the very best.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:40 am 
Lol My sub doc put me in jail by writing a poor report for me when i had court. i went out on a 21 day trip for this stupid outdoor program he runs, i had 4 ribs pulled out of my spine. and regularly hiked 2800 ft straight up a mountain on this trip carrying over 80 lbs of water on my back as the group bitch cause i was in the best shape. I was in excruciating pain but i wanted to look good for my last court date. I had just turned 18 so this happened while i was a minor so my record is currently spotless. I did this trip just to look good, and he smashed me because he was envious of me running his minions into the ground on the trip haha. The leader asked to go on a run with me, and she quit after like 5 minutes. They are used to having spoiled little addicts on these things so i think my performance bothered him since he thought i was in too much pain to function. He didnt exactly smash me but he said a couple things that defintly screwed me over.

The judge was like you can stay on probation, or you can get off now, clean your record and just spend a week in jail and get it over with. I chose the week in jail so i could just get my record clean and move on. Since my sub doc screwed me over kinda i asked him if i would be prescribed sub in jail and he promised me i would, he was like i see no reason why not. Lol i go to jail and they just laughed at my ass like i was crazy.

Long story short i was stuck in an overcrowded jail with 4 people in my cell besides me, puking on myself and shitting water the whole week. Thanks my old sub doc! He kinda screwed me over twice there. So NO i wouldnt trust anyone telling you that you will receive it in jail. The COs will not care.

Please dont call me a complainer or weak minded addict, as i did not complain once. You cant show weakness where i was at and even though i was extremely ill i friggin was ready to fight a couple times cause you cant be a bitch in there. It was pretty horrible but the sun comes up regardless haha. In fact it was one of the easier detoxes i had gone through because of the ability to have fun and fuck with people. I would bang my feet on the door at 3 am and scream as loud as i could just like the officers "choooowwww timmmmeee motherfuckers" and look at the glass as everyone rushed to get ready for breakfast to find out its not for another 2 hours haha.

Sorry for the long story lol just figured id share my "awesome" experience. But hey my doc also said i wouldnt even detox, the puking and shitting and not one hour of sleep the whole week must have been just "in my mind"