It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've posted on here a few times before with pretty much the same story..so sorry for the people who have read it before..I just have different questions and more to add.

So I started abusing pain pills about 6 years ago. After a few years of using I got pregnant with my son and quit. even after going through all that I started using again soon after I had him..I started doing oxys and it got out of control fast so I got on suboxone.

The first year and a half was amazing..I felt better then I had in years. I was happy and had a ton of energy. I got pregnant again switched to subutex and weened down to 8 Mg from the 16 I was always on. Sometime around then I started having problems. After a few weeks of taking the pills it was like out of no where they stopped working. I would feel tired and crappy for about a week then magically they would start working again. It was like a cycle I went through every month. It got worse over time and now a year later the pills usually ” work” for about a week every month it I'm lucky.

The only thing that makes sense is that for the first year and a half I was getting a buzz from the pills and after that I slowly started building a tolerance and now I'm at this point. I hate to think that but its the only thing I think it could be. I honestly didn't think I was getting high..most people say you can't get high off suboxone..or that the buzz only lasts a few days. I don't know how I was getting a buzz every day for a year and a half. I think that buzz became the normal feeling for me and now that I'm not getting it I'm miserable.

So now I'm trying to figure out what to do bc its really screwing up my life..I'm totally drained of energy, depressed and my head feels completely messed up. The only thing I can think to do is start weening down and get off. For one..I'm terrified that I'll never feel normal again when I get off..I hear these horrible withdrawal stories and people say even after getting past all the physical sickness the exhaustion and depression last for months and months. The other problem is that after a few weeks of the pills not working and feeling crappy I finally get use to it accept it and start to feel better..like right at that point out of nowhere the high comes back! I forget the weeks of hell I've been though and enjoy the buzz for a week then go through it all again. Even if I don't change anything..don't take more pills or less pills that buzz somehow comes back on its own. It makes it hard to quit. I don't get why that happens.

I know the best thing to do now its get off of them..slowly. But in the back of my mind I still try and think of ways to get around it. Like maybe if I took a ” break” for a few days or even a week every month, they would work the rest of the time...would that work? Or would it work for a while but then my body would get use to it? Does it get to the point where you get no buzz at all? Deep down I know its bad but I want an honest opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:10 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I forgot to say that a few months ago I switched back to suboxone strips..I thought that maybe it would make a difference. It didn't. Thanks to anyone who reads this and sorry its so long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:34 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Can you keep a journal and log when the sub seems to work less? This happened to me too and I figured out that it coincided with just before/ during my period and also when I was ovulating. It helped me understand better what could be happening and made me feel like I wasn't crazy.

Sorry you're going through this. Not going to lie, getting off suboxone is no picnic either but it's worth it if that's what you really want to do. If you are not ready in anyway shape or form, don't do it. Just my opinion.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Its funny that you said that about the journal because I just started one a few days ago..its an app on my phone. I'm going to keep track of how I'm feeling everyday and see if its happening at the same times every month. I never thought about the period thing..I've been so up and down its hard to remember dates. If the suboxone worked like it use to I would stay on it forever. It helped with energy and depression...and if I stop getting a buzz I think eventually I can learn to deal with it and start to feel normal again. I think the problem is that the high feeling pops up randomly. I don't get why it keeps coming back. I'm not even sure if this is what's happening but it seems to be the only explanation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

It sounds to me like maybe going from 16 to 8 is keeping your levels low. Try to see if 12 mg helps. If you are looking for that kind of buzz well....I will just leave it at that, but Buprenorphine when blood levels are stable it brings a feeling of normal feelings, add in that with with positive things happening through out the day it is more of a sense of accomplishment rather then a buzz.

With that said I do notice a slight difference in duration with the generic brand which I need to maximize the efficacy of absorption. when taking the name brand sub I could go 3.5 days before feeling achy. The effects are exactly the same with generic except that instead of 3.5 days I get about 1.5 before feeling achy or feeling bad, other then that they are the same. I think I need to not talk, drink pepsi, talk on the phone, sneak a bite of food etc etc when dissolving the generic brand. I used to be able to and could do all that with name brand sub with no big deal. Case and point is maybe with a lower dose maybe maximize as well or maybe try 12mg as it may help.

Snake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know what you mean! I had the tiny "buzz" sensation/feeling for over 3 years! I switched to methadone for a year or so, and now Ive been back on subxone for 2 weeks(first week was horrid precipitated withdrawal and pw recovery) but have been feeling almost normal for a week now and haven't felt as good as I did before I stopped suboxone. Even the strips back then made me feel the small little buzz, just not as long/strong as tablets. But it was still there with the strips. Now im on strips again, tomorrow is day 14 of suboxone(day 2 of strips I just filled yesterday) - taking 3x 8mg daily and still waiting to feel 100% +extra 1% yay! im better feeling.

I just made a post, hoping that methadone messed me up and in time I will get back to how I felt. I don't plan on being on suboxone for more than 6-7mos, but if I was able to feel the 1%/tiny buzz on 1/2 8mg tablet 1+yrs ago, then hopefully ill feel that good again on 3x daily or a little less.

HANG IN THERE. It has to work. Try to find out all the tricks and tips for getting the most from your suboxone. I remember I used to keep an 8mg(or two at a time) tablets in my mouth for a good 45mins+ until the saliva is completely clear, or at least a very very light orange with nothing floating around in it. Then I would spit it out, but not after its dissolved as there is still medicine floating - make sure it feels like regular saliva, just with a bitter taste. The longer you hold it in the lighter the taste will be, so you will know when to spit it out. Some people and docs say swallow -which I have done these last 2 weeks, but before I only swallowed a lil while it dissolved and then spit out 1/2-3/4 the saliva that was left after waiting a long time to be sure to get all the medicine from the tablets(strips 25-40mins+ to be sure - for me anyways)

Maybe swallowing is why we both aren't feeling how we used to? Tomorrows strips im going to try to spit out after its all dissolved for a good 40mins each strip - just to be sure and if I feel a big difference over the next few days with that, ill post a response and let you know.

I do know that our receptors get messed up fro other opiates and some people take 1-2 days to get back to normal+ feelings with subox and some take weeks or 1mo+. Everyone is different that's for sure. Just know I feel for you and know the feeling you mean. Its the greatest feeling ever because you don't feel high- you just feel a tiny better than normal. When you feel the subox in the morning, makes you think and breathe easier =a sigh of relief when you feel it, even if it only lasts 30mins instead of a few hrs or all day, because you feel motivated to do anything.

Big difference between feeling 100% from suboxone and feeling no withdrawal symptoms. At least for me. Still, no withdrawal is better than swithdrawals daily in-between opiate doses of another type.

I do remember I didn't feel great from suboxone for a while when I started on 1 pil a day and then went to two pills a day after a few weeks and then I noticed the "feel great" 101% sensation/feeling. I don't think its the amount - I think its just the time to adjust. Like we have to get our receptors "ready" for subxone and "open to it" as much as possible before we feel that great again. But I did feel the "yay!" with just 1/2 pill, and that's at nighttime after taking 3 during the day and on it for years. Tolerance might be an issue, but as far as I know, it just means you might have to wait a bit longer between doses to feel it - but it will STILL be there. It was for me for 3+ years.

Good luck and let us know when you feel the "yay!" as I call it and if you did anything different, or it was just time going by to get you there. ttys - send me a PM if you ever want to talk more :) GL! and welcome back to subxone - it will help you even without that tiny"buzz" as you called it. I try to think of my precipitated withdrawal or worst withdrawal and then no pain is better than pain, even without the extra tiny buzz :) S! - MG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:44 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Alot of it for me is pms
When i first started subs, i too got that almighty life is great feeling, im normal and happy now, waking up feeling wonderful and motivated.
Now a days, i wake up feeling like total death. I have headaches and am so sleepy and achcy during the day. My doctors keep decreasing me which makes it worse. I noticw when i feel these things, taking more sub makes me feel better. I wish i could go back to the beginning when half a tablet made me feel gloriois all day and upon waking. Now ive gone from 2 a day to 1 and a quarter and the whole time it just never feels like it is enough, sometimes it feels like i need WAY more. Alot of it is pms. And anxiety. But those problems were there before the drugs too. I dont feel the buzz anymore just ok. Not good or great but ok. This forces me to look forward to taking my medication which i feel just re enforces the addiction. I try very hard to seek happiness and elevate my mood natuarally to make up for the lack of buzz. Its frusterating but ur going to have good days and bad days just like everyone Else, Whether they were ever on drugs or not.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Suboxone was not intended to be for long term use in my opinion. I too noticed a steady decline in my quality of life with every passing year. In the end I actually was on suboxone longer then I was on opiates... After 5 years I had had enough. I had lost all will to move forward with my life. Many of my friends who have been taking suboxone for years report similar experiences even though they have been "clean".

I actually just jumped of 2mg 10 days ago and have almost as much energy now despite insane insomnia while detoxing. I can't speak for others, but I never woke feeling "rested" while on suboxone and the only energy i got during the day was from massive amount of caffeine or sometimes an hour or two after my dose.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:27 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been on Suboxone for 11 years. yes, YEARS. You can certainly get a buzz from it. I have now become addicted to the stuff and tomorrow are possibly getting a referal for rehab...a REHAB FOR THE REHAB DRUG!! I think Suboxone should NOT be used long term. I ended up growing a new addiction. When I got pregnant my metabolism shot thru the roof and I ended up needing more. Iam at 24mg now and quitting is going to be HELL.