It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Suboxone 8mg Film
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:34 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Im currently taking 2 to 3 mg of suboxone twice a day and have been for quite some time now. I was perscribed it to get off of a bad addiction to Vicodin. I was recently arrested for a misdemeaner offence and my lawyer will be attempting a pretrial diversion contract with the DA which means I will most likley be on probation for 6 months to a year. Each time I have to visit the probation officer he will require a drug test. I've been warned that if I fail it I WILL GO TO JAIL. I was wondering if anyone new if they use a drug testing kit that test for Suboxone.
Also if I get my doctor to give me a letter stating that I'm currently being perscribed this drug can the DA arrest you.

Texas Jack 10-14-11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:08 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Unfortunately, I have no specific answers to provide you with. I THINK it depends on the probation department, the PO, and the judge assigned to the case (and maybe the DA). Basic drug tests don't test for suboxone. They have to use a more specific test that will show suboxone on it. Some probation dept's might test for it, others might not.

If yours comes up positive, I would just get that confirmation from your doctor that shows it's a prescribed mediation. Whether they accept and support you being on sub or not will depend on all those people involved. I also THINK it might depend on the offense for which you were charged.

I'm sorry I can't give you any more information. Good luck - and please do let us know what happens. I hope it turns out in your favor.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I can't give you a definate answer either, but you could ask your lawyer if sub is allowed with a script. I would think that there is nothing they could do if you are taking a legally prescribed med. Your lawyer should know the answer to this or at the very least would know who to contact to get the answer. I hope everything turns out good and congrats for getting on sub and getting into recovery!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: Suboxone 8mg Film
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:16 pm 
font7476 wrote:
Im currently taking 2 to 3 mg of suboxone twice a day and have been for quite some time now. I was perscribed it to get off of a bad addiction to Vicodin. I was recently arrested for a misdemeaner offence and my lawyer will be attempting a pretrial diversion contract with the DA which means I will most likley be on probation for 6 months to a year. Each time I have to visit the probation officer he will require a drug test. I've been warned that if I fail it I WILL GO TO JAIL. I was wondering if anyone new if they use a drug testing kit that test for Suboxone.
Also if I get my doctor to give me a letter stating that I'm currently being perscribed this drug can the DA arrest you.

Texas Jack 10-14-11

MOST probation drug test don't have buprenorphine on them, but this may be changing.

I don't think a doctor's note will help you if you test positive..but that depends on where you live. Some states are crazier than others.

Talk to your lawyer.