It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello there. I am current taking 20 mg of Suboxone a day, the film kind. Everyday, I put 2 of the 8mg strips under my tounge at the same time. I believe I'm following suboxones websites instructions on where to place them, near the base at the right or left side. However, whenever I curl down my tounge after placement, the subs fold over onto eachother making sizes of two 4mg pieces. What should I do? I've heard that if the subs touch eachother you don't get as much absorbed, does this count for a sub touching itself as well?

How do I place these in properly without them folding over onto themselves?

Post subject: Films
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:24 pm 

Instead of putting both under each side, why don't you just do one at a time? That way there's no chance of them folding over. Or just make sure they are further apart on the underside of your tongue. Whichever works best. The films dissolve very quickly so this shouldn't be a problem.

What'cha think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:21 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Well actually it's not a problem with the two 8mg strips touching eachother. It would happen even if I put one 8mg strip in. The strip is too long on my tounge so after curling it back to normal after placement of the Sub, the sub will fold over onto itself making it act like two 4mg stacked on top of eachother.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: its OK
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:59 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

The subs will absorb good on any part of the mucosa of the mouth. Those things could go in your cheeks if you wanted them too!

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I only take one strip at a time, not two. But what I do to prevent them folding over is to cut them in half and place one half on each side under my toung. You could try cutting them in half and placing them strategicly under your toung. lol :) Good luck man, when taking two at a time you're gonna have to deal with some hassle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:45 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

would anyone else agree that the films are less effective>? Or is it just me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

byron wrote:
would anyone else agree that the films are less effective>? Or is it just me?

Some say you get better absorption from the films others disagree. I myself was on the films for the last few months of my sub treatment before I switched over to methadone. And at first the films worked a little better but when was all said and done the pills and films where the same for myself.

As of the topic of the thread I know what you mean man I have had it happen to me a few times as well. But when you are placing the films under your tongue make sure you stand in front of mirror and place them perfectly than put your tongue down asap once they are in place and don’t move it. What I did was make my mouth as dry as possible than placed the films in my mouth and that worked really good. But if worst comes to worst just cut your films in half take 4mgs back to back to back to back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:42 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

After 6 months of using the film I went back to the pills... The pills are just easier and faster , I do it Dr J's way, takes 10 seconds to dose, also the films tore up my taste buds on the tip of my tongue... Mike 1mg a day