It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:45 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am new here - tomorrow I see go to a clinic for suboxne to get off of hydrocodone which I've take many years for pain, chronic headaches. I am very nervous about visit - and also starting new drug to get off of a drug, however I've heard good things about subnoxne. I currently take 4-5 7.5 hydros a day and had taken more than that previously. My only thoughts now are about quitting. I want to so badly. I appreciate any words of encouragement and experiences with beginning this process which is hopefully road to recovery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:44 pm 
I know i will probably get crap for saying this but, suboxone is a pretty big step up from 4 or 5 hydros. I would like to welcome you to the forum!! Others will come along an give you better advice. I honestly dont know what i would do in your situation. Hopefully others can help you with a little more detail than me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Yea sorry man i dont want to ruin your good mood of getting clean and what not. But honestly man if you are only taking 4 to 5 hydros a day even for years i just dont think suboxone is the best choice. All you are really doing is taking on a new addiction that might be even worst than the hydro addiction. Your best bet would be to go cold turkey and get some comfort meds to deal with the withdrawal. Cause instead of 1 addiction being beat your adding 1 instead of taking one away by starting suboxone.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I would have to agree and i chatted with you early.I was way up there it's a wonder i'm not dead but i'm no doc. so you might want to go and see.Good Luck.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I think the question of whether suboxone is necessary for your habit depends on how bad your addiction is, not how many pills you take a day. Has your addiction had a lot of negative consequences in your life? Have you tried to quit on your own and been unable? (Whether cold turkey or tapering.) These are some of the questions you need to ask yourself and discuss with your doctor. Just know that whatever method you decide on, we're here to support you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have to agree with the other posters. Going on sub for the habit you have is way overkill. You would be far better off to try and taper or go cold turkey then go on sub. Your taking a HUGE step up here. I would really re-think it and give it another shot to quit on your own. Have you tried going cold turkey or anything? I would (and have) try EVERY other possibility before going on sub. Just my two cents.