It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I was wondering If it is illegal for my Drs secretary to call my medicine in each month,I went to my Dr for help and I've only seen him maybe 2-3 times in over a year,Every month I go into the office I pay the secretary $100 and she ask me same thing every month"What Pharmacy do you use?'she calls my medicine in and my Dr is never in the office,is their any legal procedures I could take or what should I do,I cant find any other local Doctors and I dont have the $275 to pay again,also my dr takes My insurance Amerigroup ,but he wont take mine for the suboxones.I went to have a dr to talk to to get help and onlything I get is a secretary that takes $100 from me and calls my medicine in.

What legal matters should I do?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:02 pm 

What's the problem?..sorry I don't see one myself. Your getting your med an the cost at $100.00 seems very reasonable. Tbe pharmacy isn't having an issue either. Your Dr doesn't sound like a hands on kinda guy at all..and with some maybe that is a good thing..if you have ?'s this forum and dr j's talking can answer them ..hope it works out and others will come along with more..welcome..razor...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:17 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I had my medicine stolen and I filed a police report and the dr said I have to repay $100 to see him to get a new script,but I never see a dr,I see his secretary and she calls in my script,I went to this Dr for help,but as I said Hes never in the office and I had wallet with my pay in my wallet and my medicine in my jacket which was stolen,I called the police filed a report and I was wondering if its illegal for a secretary to call my medicine in and also I haven't seen my dr in over 6 months,Is their any steps I could take,since I went to him for help and I feel like Im not getting any help,I feel like they just want their $100 and thats it,and I never see a real Dr and thank you for the quick response!!!!1 :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:36 pm 

I really do not know of an office visit to any dr what you wouldn't be charged something. Its just tbe way it works in most cases. My dr, always says once the script leaves the clinic its all on us. I know moneys tight but I really don't know if you can force a Dr office to change the way it does business. . If your unhappy there start calling around an get on some waiting lists for a different dr. Some docs take the time to talk some take little and some none. Sorry you lost your med. But you still have access to more so all is not lost in the end..razor..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

do I understand that you want not only a rx for your medicine but actual help from the Dr for your addictive problems and behaviors right? I felt the same about my first doctor, never saw him, his nurse called in my script every month, and that was 160.00 and more for a urine test if I had one. I wanted counseling and the whole nine yards but found out that was over a hundred bucks a session in addition to the 150! I really couldn't afford that on top of paying for my Suboxone out of pocket too! unfortunately not all doctors are good ones in this field, they know we need the medicine, and yours only charges 100/rx, some cost much more, and get it because addicts are desperate for help and some will take advantage unfortunately :-(!

eventually I found a doctor that didn't take advantage, every two weeks I see him for an hour session, and I get my prescriptions for the month, all for 150.00/ visit and he's an excellent psychiatrist!
As I make more progress, my appointments will go to monthly, and my prescriptions are written with refills, so I don't absolutely have to depend on paying 150 just for the doc to write a script! I wish I could clone my doctor for everyone! because I now actually feel like I'm getting all the help I need. So far I've made all my appts, but we've had severe winter weather here, so if for any reason I couldn't travel the two and a half hours to see the Dr, he assured me he could call my scripts in. I'm uninsured and cost is a factor in my treatment so I showed him some articles written by Dr.Junig about plain buprenorphine being the same as the more expensive Suboxone brand name and he wrote my next rx for plain bupe( used to be subutex). That's going to be over $500.00 savings! There are some good doctors who really care about their patients out there, if you look; you could try the doctor finder at http://www.Suboxone.com, and some other members here have other websites that help locate sub docs that they'll share with you also.

I found this doctor by using the physician/ patient match service at http://www.naabt.org. at this website you enter what you are looking for in a sub doctor, and how far you are willing to travel for treatment, and doctors who are in that search area respond to you by e-mail if they are taking new patients. I would certainly recommend that if you're unhappy with your current doctor, give that a try. in the mean time, don't " fire"your current Dr just yet., as you are better off getting the prescription for 100 dollars than not at all. unfortunately, the law only requires that these doctors are able to refer for counseling, meaning they don't have to provide anything other than the rx itself and can charge any fee they'd like for doing so. I understand how you feel because until I was addressing some of my issues and not just taking the subs,I didn't feel that I was really getting the help I needed. I hope you find a doctor that will take time with you and help you, beyond writing your prescription. do you think you could find counseling or substance abuse program elsewhere for your addiction, and keep your current Dr, just to write your prescription?