It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

im completely miserable. its been 8 months, and i have begun to hate it. i feel empty and like i have no emotions. my friend goes to the clinic for MMT, he has kept his dose at 60 mgs, and he holds down a job, full time school - which i do too - but, he is actually happy.

i've been constantly thinking of getting high. and know that if i go back to buyin from streets ill end up dead or jail - thank god i didnt so far .

not asking for opinions on my decision, just advice on how to make my decision work.

only way i can think of, other than just not taking anything probably 5 days, would be getting subutex. my dam dr wont rX it to me.

i am going to try calling around - should i explain the situation or jus tell them i need subutex for other reasons or what

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Other then the obvious bad choice your going to make, I see nothing wrong with switching to Methadone. Lets just be honest for a minute thought, you want to get high, not sober, and thats just fine. I guess you are not ready to grow up and lead an honest drug free life.

You need to re think this whole decision. But if you must switch, the best thing to do is get your Sub dose down to lower then 2mg for a week or two, and then jump off it completely for about 3 days. you should be in pretty good withdrawel when you take the methadone. the sub will have your tolerance much higher then when you first started taking it, so 60mgs of methadone might not do much to relieve the symptoms.

The methadone clinic might be able to shead some light on this issue. this is just my opinion of how to do it. It has worked for a friend of mine, but he soon realized that the Methadone was not the right choice. Either way, good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Other then the obvious bad choice your going to make, I see nothing wrong with switching to Methadone. Lets just be honest for a minute thought, you want to get high, not sober, and thats just fine.

Chuck:

thanks for the reply. Although.....

i've been constantly thinking of getting high. and know that if i go back to buyin from streets ill end up dead or jail - thank god i didnt so far. not asking for opinions on my decision, just advice on how to make my decision work.

i think that sounds pretty much like yes, I do just want to get high. but if i am going to do it anyway, id rather do it the legal way and not risk going to jail and screwing up a job that is the best opportunity ive ever had.

plus, the clinic is so much less stressful than having to find your oxycontin or heroin every day.

plus the clinic is right by my house.

anyways though, do you think itd be possible to just go right ahead like 24 hours after my suboxone dose. obviously itll block it, but then you would think that you woud gradually start feeling better. rather than gradually feeling worse. but i dont know thats why im asking.

anyways, i understand that alot of people have negative attitudes toward MMT. but, i look it as the MUCH lesser of the two evils, with the other being using from the streets. much more risk and much more stress involved.

however, if you want to get technical - i am just as dependent on my suboxone as i was oc. only now, i only have to take something one time a day. but, with oc, i felt good when i took it. now, i dont feel anything. it saved my life, i dont feel withdraws, and im way less stressd. but i want to feel good.

does that not make sense? i mean id figure an addict would understand

anyways, thanks for the reply, really. i wanted to explain myself

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:14 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

phish6 wrote:
Other then the obvious bad choice your going to make, I see nothing wrong with switching to Methadone. Lets just be honest for a minute thought, you want to get high, not sober, and thats just fine.

Chuck:

thanks for the reply. Although.....

i've been constantly thinking of getting high. and know that if i go back to buyin from streets ill end up dead or jail - thank god i didnt so far. not asking for opinions on my decision, just advice on how to make my decision work.

Quote:
i think that sounds pretty much like yes, I do just want to get high. but if i am going to do it anyway, id rather do it the legal way and not risk going to jail and screwing up a job that is the best opportunity ive ever had.

plus, the clinic is so much less stressful than having to find your oxycontin or heroin every day.

plus the clinic is right by my house.

methadone will not get you high dude. after the initial 2-3 weeks of getting yer dose stable you will not feel nor crave the oc. if u want to keep yer job , maintaining stability is the key and not using junk, obviously.

If you want to start using again and screw up yer life f it all. methadone works better than bupe for some and vice-versa. i take methadone and it works great- try it but dont expect to be high...after one doses in the morning sometimes there is a slight "glow-warm" feeling that lasts for 2 hrs. some love that but hell, give it a shot. if all u want is junk life though....u will stick to neither...good luck

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:27 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I might have mis-read yer intentions previously. Talk with the clinic doc (they start everyone on 30mg liquid) for i'm quite sure many have switched from bupe to done. Many people have been in the same boat yer in. as stated before, some do better on mmt than bupe. from what i understand, bupe, isn't more potent than 30 mg of done a day...i don't get the trouble? if u want conversion ratios, u r in the right place, though...good luck, but don't switch thinking u will be able to get a buzz on done...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Not sure I understand your situation completly but will provide some info from my own experience... Most of this was posted in another thread but I feel you can benefit from info so I'll repeat here.

I've been on methadone off and on for over 30 years. Most recently for the last 14+ yrs. I switched over to Suboxone 12mg about 1.5 yrs ago.

I personally don't recommend going to suboxone after long-term methadone maintenance... or vice versa

I've known dozens of methadone maintenance patients over the years and [of those] only a small minority take their prescribed dose on a consistant basis. Many patients take less than their regular daily dose and keep a reserve for emergencies and other important events in their life. We generally take more methadone when we have a party or social gathering to attend or must do something stressful like a dr appt or invasive medical exam or test. I mention this because this strategy does not work with Suboxone. This is because of the antagonist properties in Suboxone which prevents maintenance users from taking a higher dose for the purpose of getting high. You can do this with some success on methadone but not with suboxone.

There are many reasons and motivations for choosing suboxone over methadone... including convenience, economics, employer drug testing, and geograpic availability. Most employer drug tests don't specifically test for buprenorphine yet. You can also get 28 day 'take home doses' much quicker with suboxone. And many of the govt "free" programs [like for Veterans] are moving more and more towards suboxone over methadone.

If you are on methadone and being pressured to switch to suboxone... then you should be prepared for a potential big difference in your lifestyle. That is... if you have used methadone as described above. If you used methadone as prescribed... there should be no problem after the 'adjustment period'... which can last for as long as 6 mos.

I'm not saying methadone is a better way than suboxone. not by a long shot!!

Just like Methadone... Suboxone is a life saver for people who are addicted to pain killers and/or street drugs. In fact... suboxone can motivate people like myself to either conform to the prescribed dose or taper off.

If you are a short term user and have a strong resolve to be independent of drugs... now is the time to make the effort to quit. I personally don't know of any long-term methadone or suboxone users who like their drug dependent situation. Most wish they were drug free [or else] at least free of opiates. It's one thing to be a recreational or occasional user of non narcotic drugs and totally different to be an addict. Hopefully you are still in the former category.

I would give everything I own to go back to the day [15+ yrs ago] when I went to the methadone clinic and got on the program. Gven that option again... [knowing what i know now] I would have NEVER ever agreed to get on methadone maintenance.