It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sometimes i wounder if it would be better to go off suboxone cold turkey. talking with another doctor'. he almost made me quit suboxone. i'm not going too now. w/d would be behind the corner. but he said ". i'n still on drugs, and i will never recover until i am off all drugs. i said to him that suboxone is a drug recovery program". and he replied, if i don't come off all drugs" i dont have a much chance on full recovery?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey man that is just the way the medical field works, no matter how much you like a DR or how cool you think he or she is, every single DR is VERY VERY opinionated on all their views on any question in the medical field. It is sad but half the time they don’t even think what they say might affect the person they are talking too. This is how I look at it look at where you are now clean on suboxone than go back and look where you are were at during addiction. Now ask yourself would you rather be drug free in this stupid DRs eyes or addicted to opiates again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:28 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Being addicted to opiates or being dependant on Suboxone..... One will lead to death, one will give you the chance at living a normal life ( sort of normal ) Not one of us hear knows the exact day we got addicted, but we do know that we cant turn back !!!! Kind of like when an airplane runs out of runway, all the runway behind you cant help you at this point, Iam very dependant on Suboxone today, and I dont even care anymore..... Mike ( still on 1mg per day )

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Painter/Mike...WHO CARES if you take it the rest of your life....As Long as it STOPS the cravings is all that matters...ADDICTION is a disease...you would not stop taking your Diabetic meds just because you feel better today would you...I dont think so....Would MUCH better be addicted to SUboxone than to OPIATES. If taking sub everyday for the rest of my life stops those damn 24 hour a day cravings, then that is what I will do as long as my doctor perscribes it for me. ANd if he cuts me off I will find a doctor who wont.....I have been cold turkey off oxys, have been consumed by NA 24/7 for 18mos. and still relapsed. I have NO desire today to every do that crap(OXY) again and I like THAT FEELING. I feel ALIVE again..for the first time in 16 years. And with the help of SUBOXONE and the people in this forum my pans are to continue to be that way...FREE FROM ACTIVE ADDICTION !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:34 pm 

Your doctor is an idiot. IMHO of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Johnboy I would suggest getting another doctor ASAP.

Back in the day when I attended abstinence based groups, I also felt pressured to get off the suboxone. I was told that I couldn't get real recovery until I was off Suboxone. As a result I jumped off high doses, twice. Bad idea man! Even if you do get through the withdrawals, such a method of jumping off with little planning is a breeding ground for later relapse.

Jumping off high (8mg, even 6mg) of Suboxone isn't pleasant imo, and you won't be doing yourself any favours by not doing a proper taper.

I've also had heaps of revelations and "growth moments", even doing stepwork, while on Suboxone, that lasted deep into my abstinence periods. So your doc doesn't know what he's talking about.

Tell him. "With all due respect. You're my doctor, not my sponsor."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I must agree with the others, johnboy - this (new?) doctor of yours is, in my opinion, full of shit. And he overstepped his bounds and gave you really bad medical advice, as far as I'm concerned. Like the others have said, following his crap advice is an invitation to a dangerous relapse. Let it go in one ear and out the other - that's what I would do. Hang tough, my friend! :)

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just want to add this because I feel it happens all to often. I mean when a random person says something along these lines about suboxone we just brush it off and move on. Just because a DR says this does not make him any different just because he went to medical school so don’t look at his comment any different than you would a normal person because DRs are normal people and they don’t know everything. I mean how many of us have gone to the ER and told DR we are on suboxone and they have no idea what that means. A hand full of DRs actually know and understand suboxone I firmly believe that half of the DRs who can prescribe suboxone have no idea what they are doing this might be on of those cases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

sorry every one :? that was my family doc. he rights my pain meds, and he is the one that started me on opiots 3 years ago. my shrink order's my subs. your all so right! my family doc should and will know more about subs. i broght some stuff from the forum and dr junig. he glanst at it and gave it back to me. i left it on the chair before i left. my shrink up'ed my sub dose again from 20 to 24mg. he tell's me about the 4 mg efect . but he's also watching me sit by him sweating and treambleing? i know one thing". i don't see me tapering to the low dose that every one can doo, or jumping. so i gues i will be around as long as suboxone is ??? as the way you all understand my posting". you may see what i mean. thak ya'! than ya! thank ya!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

shit". thats how i felt at the moment? things can and will change. some other meds are helping,and this may help my suboxone dose go down i hope?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Why is this in the methadone section?