It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

First I want to say thank you to everyone on this website. I have been reading so many discussions for months people like romeo and butterflying and you guys have been an inspiration to me. A little bit about me: I am 27 year old male and I had a very bad pain killer habit for about 3 years. After been clean from the pain killers for about 3 weeks I started suboxone on my own and it has been about 2 and half years. I never took more ten 2 MG per day. I must say suboxone has helped me get my life an order. I have a good job and I should be graduating with an associates degree next semester. I don't talk to anyone from my using days. But i did realize sub was making me very lazy at night to the point where all i wanted to do was lay down. I became very over weight. I decided it was time for a change. So over the last year I have been hitting the gym hard and I am Ian excellent shape. I started my taper at around june/July when Ian was taking 1mg in the am and 1 pm for a total of 2mg per day. I am proud to say I am currently at .25mg per day. I went from .50mg daily spilt in 2 doses to .25mg once per day and usually I would take my dos at 7am when it get to work. I feel however it was 2 much of of a jump from .50mg to .25mg amend at the same time from 2 doses to 1. My body was feeling it. I have been taking xanix during the jump from .50 to .25 however it take very little like .25 of the xanix and it try to skip a day or 2 between taking it. So it's been 15 days since it jumped from .50 to .25 and I went from taking a dan dos at 7 am to now taking it a around 3 - 4 pm. Yesterday I took .06 MG in the morning and .25 at 6pm. Overall it hasn't been to bad. I wanted to jump this weekend bc i have off of work until monday then next week im off weds-sunday but it wanted to get stable on .25 first and maybe go to .125 then try and jump after that. I start school again January 21. Sometimes I am losing my patience bc I am tired of not being able to sleep and the whole roller coaster ride that tapering causes. I must say I really didn't experience to much until I dropped from .50 to .25. If you guys can please give me some I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You, Ty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ty sub Goin DOWN1 wrote:
First I want to say thank you to everyone on this website. I have been reading so many discussions for months people like romeo and butterflying and you guys have been an inspiration to me. A little bit about me: I am 27 year old male and I had a very bad pain killer habit for about 3 years. After been clean from the pain killers for about 3 weeks I started suboxone on my own and it has been about 2 and half years. I never took more ten 2 MG per day. I must say suboxone has helped me get my life an order. I have a good job and I should be graduating with an associates degree next semester. I don't talk to anyone from my using days. But i did realize sub was making me very lazy at night to the point where all i wanted to do was lay down. I became very over weight. I decided it was time for a change. So over the last year I have been hitting the gym hard and I am Ian excellent shape. I started my taper at around june/July when Ian was taking 1mg in the am and 1 pm for a total of 2mg per day. I am proud to say I am currently at .25mg per day. I went from .50mg daily spilt in 2 doses to .25mg once per day and usually I would take my dos at 7am when it get to work. I feel however it was 2 much of of a jump from .50mg to .25mg amend at the same time from 2 doses to 1. My body was feeling it. I have been taking xanix during the jump from .50 to .25 however it take very little like .25 of the xanix and it try to skip a day or 2 between taking it. So it's been 15 days since it jumped from .50 to .25 and I went from taking a dan dos at 7 am to now taking it a around 3 - 4 pm. Yesterday I took .06 MG in the morning and .25 at 6pm. Overall it hasn't been to bad. I wanted to jump this weekend bc i have off of work until monday then next week im off weds-sunday but it wanted to get stable on .25 first and maybe go to .125 then try and jump after that. I start school again January 21. Sometimes I am losing my patience bc I am tired of not being able to sleep and the whole roller coaster ride that tapering causes. I must say I really didn't experience to much until I dropped from .50 to .25. If you guys can please give me some I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You, Ty

Hi Ty!
Congratulation on your taper! Great job! Plus hitting the gym regularly - good for you! For me vigorous excercise has been a real corner stone of my success so far. Keep it up!
Since you asked for advice, here it is. You sound like you're prepared and you want this, so I would just jump as soon as possible and get it over with. I tapered slowly down to .375 then jumped, but if I could do it again (which I surely don't plan on ever doing! Lol!) I would jump from .5 or even 1mg. I think lower is just dragging it out and the sooner you get all the Suboxone out of your system, the sooner your body can really start healing, and especially your sleep can start normalizing which is vital to feeling good and makeing sound choices.
If you can get some clonidine that was super duper helpful to me. Get a blood pressure cuff and monitor your bp. Keep it in the "normal" range and you will feel much more comfortable during the acute withdrawals.
Listen to music, keep active as possible, watch funny movies, post post post !
It is just a matter of time and you will be feeling great again, especially if you keep up the excercise, eat healthy, reach out to others, and when you feel better, give of yourself to others- imo, it helps keep a person strong and out of " self pity".
Good luck! You can do this, and you will feel great and much more clear minded for your studies! :D
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:55 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi Ty,

Welcome. Congratulations on your taper and weight loss!! That's so awesome!! GO YOU!!

Did you read the thread about the liquid taper? It's a long one, but well worth the read. Maybe that's what you're doing if you're doses are that precise. I kicked myself when I read it and wished I had read it months earlier when I had enough Sub to actually do it that way. I just jumped at .75mgs six days ago basically and it hasn't been too bad surprisingly. Really nothing like I thought it would be. A suggestion is to not read stories about people's negative experiences. Stick with reading the positive experiences if you can. It just feeds the fear reading the negative stuff (most of which has been pointless, I'm learning). It's good you never got above 2mgs.

Sounds like you need to decide exactly what your plan is and just do it. Only you know what's truly best for you. I know from experience that trying to come off Sub while taking classes can make it much harder (but maybe it wouldn't be for you, maybe it would be an good distraction). I hope some of the moderators and others have good advice for you. Playing silly mind tricks like pretending I'm sick with the flu helps.

I wish you the very best with whatever you decide. Keep posting and I will too.

Have a great day!

Sage

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:47 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sage and butter flying..thank you so much for reaching out to me. It means a lot to me.

BF - I'm really thinking about taken ur advice and just jumping today. My mind just plays so much tricks with me kwim. It seems like when I was busy studying for finals about working I wouldn't think about it much..now that I'm pretty much sitting around the house all it think about is these wds. I am normally a pretty tough guy but with this crap I am so weak. I want this to be as painless as possible. I just don't know. Do you really think I should give it a try today and don't take anything lol. I'm sitting outside smoking a cigarette and the sun is beaming and it really really considering taking your advice. I pretty much followed your whole jump process and I am proud of u. U r strong. I don't want my parents to know bc they saw me kick the oxy habit cold turkey and that was hell. I didn't eat, uses the bathroom nothing for about 10 days straight. But I am can't I can't imagine this being anything like that?

Sage - you know i have seen the liquid taper topic so many times but I have not actually read it. I will today. It's weird bc when I was going to classes when it made the jump from .50 to .25 I actually felt good talking to the people in my class. I felt like I was not all foggy in my head and it felt good. When I'm in bed laying down it sux. I am so close but I am getting to the point where I'm just tired of all this.

What do you guys think about going to .125 for 4 days and Tuesday jump? If you honestly feel I should just man up and jump pls tell me. Bc u guys have been through I have not.

Thank you so much

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well butterflying I think I am going to take ur advice and just jump..it's been about 25 hours since my last dos..it's just took .25 of xanax. At the moment it's not that bad...I have never really tried to jump so I will findout shortly if the wd are as bad as I had expected or if it will be relatively easy..it praying it will be easy but we shall see. If you had to rate it 1-10 10 being the worst pain what would you rate it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

ty sub Goin DOWN1 wrote:
Well butterflying I think I am going to take ur advice and just jump..it's been about 25 hours since my last dos..it's just took .25 of xanax. At the moment it's not that bad...I have never really tried to jump so I will findout shortly if the wd are as bad as I had expected or if it will be relatively easy..it praying it will be easy but we shall see. If you had to rate it 1-10 10 being the worst pain what would you rate it?

25 hours down! Hurray for you!! I also took a little xanax at night during the first week of withdrawals. Were you able to get clonodine? For me that was the best comfort med (it is also non addicting!). Be careful with the xanax though because that can be hell withdrawing from.
So, scale of 1-10....hmmmm that is tricky, because it is relative. I have given natural child birth,so compared to that sub withdrawal is maybe a 1 or 2 tops, but sub withdrawal lasts longer. You'll probably be at the "worst" after 36-48 hours (that is how it was for me anyway), and then noticeably improve day by day, but it takes a couple of weeks to start getting normal energy back, and I think I am STILL noticing improvements, but stopped "suffering" at all about 7-10days in. And the sufferig really was not that bad a at all. Friends on the forum had me laughing, and I was never 'bedridden'. Your stomach will be sensative and you'll sneeze a lot. You'll probably only sleep a few hours a night if you are lucky for the first week. Sleep took awhile to return to normal for me...I just accepted waking up at 2 or 3 am for the day for about a month. No one ever died from being sleepy, right? Just keep doing things that are healthy and are going to produce natural endorphins.
Hot baths and showers will also give lots of relief in the next days. And force yourself to get out in the fresh air and do some kind of excercise each day. It helps, as hard as it is to get going.
I have detoxed from oxy and methodone, oh, and codine, and sub withdrawal is not nearly as painful. It just lasts awhile longer is all. You can do this! Just get through a day at a time and each day will bring you closer to healing. Time is on your side!
Your experience may be very different from mine, but I found most of the people I was communicating with during my taper and jump had already been through a similar experience or were going through the same things as I was, so I think it is fairly typical.
Keep posting- I am rooting for you! IMO, In a week's time, the worst will be behind you for sure since you were on a low dose to begin with and you did a good taper and are in shape. You got this!!! :D

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I wish I could get my hands on chlonidin but I can't, I have heard so many people talk about how it helped them. Well its about 28 hours from my last dos. It's not too bad yet. But obviously the worst has yet to begin. I was keep watching motivational videos on YouTube they seem to pump me up for a little. I only have 1 mg of the xanax and its can't get more. I was hoping that should last two more days. I took pottasium vitamins and fishoil and i just ate like and champ. I will keep updating. Thank for checking in.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Actually 28 hours could have seen you through the worst of your withdrawals, everyone's experience is different, and for me the first day was the "worst" (it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I feared it would be).

If you can, take the detox one day at a time. It'll go by fast, and it keeps getting better and better.

-- glenn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Good morning TY! hope you got some sleep.
I wouldn't worry to much about not having clonodine if you really cant get any; others have succeeded just fine without it and so can you, :D
A couple of other things that helped me that may also help you:
1. Adopt a "WARRIOR" attitude! Get mentally strong- you are fighting for your life here! You are worth it! As long as you don't take any more sub (or other opiates) your body WILL start healing and you will WIN the battle! Romeo told me he thought about what the Navy Seals have to go through during training (sleep deprevation, incredible physical tests), and that kept him going. My forum friend "Trainer" said "Are you a warrior or a wuss?" (something her dad used to say to her growing up) and that struck a chord with me- I decided to become a WARRIOR! :D

2. If you have any sub lieing around, get rid of it. Or have someone you trust hold onto it for you. If you are REALLY "ready" I would just totally get rid of it so you have NO access, unless you think you may relapse on something worse....so only you know for sure what the best call is here, but for me, once I knew I did not have accesss, it took away a lot of the mental "pressure" or "mind game" part of the detox.

Post when you feel up to it!
Hang in there!!!!!!! BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Johnny and butter flying thank you for replying it means alot to me...well last night restless legs were kind of tough. I actually took 2 more .25 of xanax. I thought I would never be able to sleep. It was 5 am and all I remember is waking up now at 1130 am. I am actually not feeling to bad. It's been about 44 hours since my last dos. You know what is crazy reading that first post from butterflying where you said you should just jump now made me just go for it. Iam so grateful for BF. I am actually not feeling to bad rite now. I am planning on going to the gym today. These drugs will beat you down If you let it. I'm tired of it all. It's time to fight back..if you want it bad enough anything can be achieved. I was thinking about throwing the subs I have left but then I don't want my mind to get paranoid bc I no longer have them. I will wait about 2 more days and get rid of them. It just feels better knowing they are right there. I I just gotta be strong and not take them. Thanks again for checking in

Johnny I hope your right about the worst being the first day. I will keep updating. And I will definitely take it one day at a time.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well its 530 pm it's been at 49-50 hours since my last dos. I don't feel to bad..I went to the gym, didn't have too much energy but I was able to get in a decent workout then in came home and fell asleep!! However i was interrupted by my mom saying I have to get ready bc we are invited to my cousins surprise b day party. I have to go...imagine that out of all the days to get invited to a party...i think its a test..i have 2 go.ill write when I get back

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:46 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

How are you doing today Ty?

Good, so glad BF's post just made you say now is the time!!! And you're going to start the new year off Sub and have a few weeks to adjust before your classes begin. Big changes. Awesome!! For me, at day eight now, on a scale of 1-10 (I've never had a child so I don't know that pain) it's a 3 or maybe 4 a little bit at most. If you were feeling the constant withdrawals from lowering your dose, this shouldn't be much worse, maybe you're already through the worst of it!!!

Funny, BF was talking about being a warrior or a wuss. I've been watching motivational videos and movies too. Watched GI Jane the other day. That helped get me through that day. There's lots of good motivational stuff on YouTube. I enjoy Tony Robbins the most. He can be quite intense, but very motivational and he knows his stuff. Went to some of his seminars and they totally changed my life. Absolutely unreal!!

Keep us posted on how you're doing!!

Sage
xoxo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:43 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Sage thank you so much for posting. I think ur right bc when I went from .50 to .25 I was on .25mg for 17 days and I define try was going through wds then. Actually those wds were worse in the day. I would take my dose at around 3-4 pm so at night it wasn't too bad. In 4-5 hours it will be 72 hours. At night when I try to sleep it gets gets a little uncomfortable but nothing to crazy. I ran out of my xanax last night. I'm thinking about getting g some immodium and taken a couple not too much. People say it helps a lot. I went too the surprise party last night and it had a lot great time. Talking laughing. It was a lot lot of fun. I know these next two days are going to be crucial. Can anyone reading this tell me what I can expect in these upcoming next couple of days please. Thanks everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Ty,

Honestly, you should be through the worst of it already! How great for you!

Maybe expect not to get much sleep for the next few days. That's always the last thing to return to normal. And you may feel pretty fatigued for about a week But, the wd pain shouldn't get any worse, actually might begin to get a bit better from here on out each day. Don't be surprised if you do have a bad day mixed in with the good ones. Just know that it's normal, and the next day should be better.

I'm impressed that you decided to jump after reading BF's post. Obviously you were ready. Give yourself the credit for that.

Keep posting, it really helps.

Q

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:53 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Horsegal Thank You so much for posting. Yea I dont want to jinx it but I feel really good today. Last night I took a total of 10 imodium. I took 6 then a couple of hours later i took 2 and couple hours after I took 2. And I took .25mg of xanax which isn't a lot. I have 2 more .25mg of xanax and thats it. I am actually at work right now. I went to bed at around 12am last night and woke up at 7am. I woke up one time at 2am and went outside smoked a cig and came back in and went right to sleep. I had a little bit of an upset stomach today I think from the imodium. It does work really well but I don't think I am going to take anymore. I have been going to the gym everyday. I have been eating a lot, no problems at all eating. Honestly, when I tapered from .50 to .25 (at the same time went from dosing twice to once daily) I felt worse then I do now. Today is day 4 off and in 2 hours it will be exactly 96 hours since my last dose. I plan on going to the gym after work at 5 and see how I feel tonight. It feels really good not having to wake up and think about taking something to feel good. Do you think the worst should be behind me? If I have to really pin point one thing for why my wds arent nearly as bad its because of the taper. I suffered so much more during the taper then I am now. Thinking back I don't know how I managed to stick with the taper but I did. I never once went up on doses and I was feeling so shitty some days and losing my patience but it turns out it was worth it. But when I say I was feeling so shitty on those taper days I don't want people to panic. When you taper you will feel shitty some days but you know that in a couple of hours you will get your next dose, that's why its better to feel shittier when you taper bc that next dose is like a security blanket. But you have to taper slow, its a must! and you have to make sure you get comfortable on each dose before you drop. Idk some people say 4-5 days but for me some doses took 2 weeks some took 3 weeks for me too get comfortable then I would drop. If anyone needs help ask me and I will help. I am still going through w/d process so I am no expert but I think I can help with the taper and the first couple of days during the w/d process. Thanks Everyone for reading and responding. Remember we are all in this together!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Ty!
I'm fairly certain the worst has got to be behind you since you were at such a low dose and did a good taper. I also stabilized for 2-3 weeks everytime I dropped, and I was through the worst wdls after 2 days (and it wasn't all that bad), and just improved daily after that. My energy didnt really return fully until around 20 days or so, but we are all different. Sounds like your energy is pretty good already, and I am amazed you are sleeping so well! Be grateful! Just keep doing what you are doing! Great job! You should feel really proud of yourself! You stuck with your taper and now you've got the benefit of an easier jump! :D
And congrats on the decision to go ahead and jump in the first place - I am glad I could be a bit of a catalyst, but I agree, you must have been ready and you should feel proud of yourself ! YOU did this! YOU are DOING this!!!
Keep it up!
BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Butterflying thanks for posting. I was wondering where you were. Lol. Figured you were busy. I just got home from the gym and I was a little tired at first ran a mile then I got this burst of energy. I lifted so hard. It was amazing. Usually I use a preworkout supplement that gets me pumped up but bc of all the caffeine it has I figured I wouldn't take it for about all week or 2 and it worked out like it was on that preworkout. It's about 7 pm and it feel really good at the moment but as you know for a couple weeks there's moments you feel good and moment's you feel shitty. But tapering right has definitely helped..and for the last year ive been working hard core like 5-6 days and a week. Eating right. Drinking plenty of supplements like protein and amino acids. So I think all those things combined have helped. I hope I have a good night tonight. I will keep updating...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 5 no subs
Well after having that awesome workout last night. I took a nice hot shower ate a great meal and as I was watching tv at around 8pm i fell asleep. I woke up at about 10:30pm. When I woke up I was having some rls problems so I took 6 immodium. I was feeling good after but it was about 1am and I started getting anxiety because I had to be up for work at 6am. So I took .25 mg of xanax. And I feel right asleep again and I actually overslept. I only have .25mg of xanax left. I am hoping that I wont need it anymore at night. I am at work now and I feel good. The only thing that still gets me is the RLS at night. I can't stand that crap. I have been reading a lot of other peoples experiences and I feel like the sub is trying to leave the body so I should be feeling better soon. Hope someone can give me some advice on that. That's all I have for now. I will update again shortly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Oh and it seems like I feel things a lot more now. Like last night i guess I slept bad and my neck hurts this morning. I never remember having those issues when taking subs lol. So i guess the sore neck is kind of a good thing?!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ty sub Goin DOWN1 wrote:
Oh and it seems like I feel things a lot more now. Like last night i guess I slept bad and my neck hurts this morning. I never remember having those issues when taking subs lol. So i guess the sore neck is kind of a good thing?!

Yes it is...take it in..expect it..so it can't hurt you...I remember falling asleep and waking up in very similar position when on sub...(it knocks you out)..now I turn and tussle but it will go away eventually.. Congrats on your jump btw...hope you threw out or got rid of all the stuff if you had it..