It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:33 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It is 230 pm. I am at work. I don't feel to good today. I just feel weak and my legs are acting up. I should be out of here soon then I will try and hit the gym. Hopefully I will feel better tonight. It is day 5 so hopefully this is the last of the storm before i get better. But we shall see.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:05 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Ty,

Still going strong huh? :D

I wish I could tell you exactly when you will feel better. But, honestly everyone is different and nobody can tell you exactly when that will happen. Keep in mind that detoxing from subs is notorious for causing a rollercoaster like pattern. You will feel pretty good for a few days and then have a bad day or two. I don't tell you this to discourage you, only so that you are prepared for it when it happens. Keep in mind that the bad days will continue to get fewer and fewer and you will eventually feel great again. But, it does take time. It sounds like you are doing everything right. The excersize and eating right seems to help alot of people during this process. Just don't get discouraged, I think everything you are describing is very normal and in fact sounds mild compared to what some people report. Just keep fighting through it.

Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight!

Q

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Qhorsegal,

Thank You so Much for that reply. It helped me stay positive. The RLS started going away a little. It lasted for about an hour or so. I am very tired. But it's manageable. If I was told before I jumped that this is how i would feel I would have done it in a heart beat. Sometimes I get discouraged because I just want this to be over with. It gets annoying. But these positive messages from you guys help me.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:06 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well Day 6!!!

I told you guys yesterday I was feeling really tired all day. I was so lazy to go to the gym after work I almost didn't go, but I did! And I felt really good after working out. I took some imodium last night (8 imodiums) but I didn't take xanax (because I don't want to take one thing for several days in a row because we all know what happens then) and I felt really good. I got about 6 hours of sleep which was good. I actually picked up some mens one a day vitamins gummies last night took one this morning and so far I feel really good. I just got word that I have to drive 8 hours with another coworker to one of our jobsites sunday night for 5 days. So we probably will have to share a room. I am a little nervous about that but by then it should be day 10. Tonight for New Years my family is going to have a party at a restaurant with live music, all my family members will be there. I am a little nervous because I don't drink and i'm still going thru this w/d process. But I think I should be fine. I will update later but so far feeling really good. Can someone please tell me what am I supposed to expect the next couple of days. Thank You and Happy New Year to Everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:29 pm 

I hope you have so much fun tonight!! Sounds like a blast!

You're on day 6 now, so I think you can expect more of the same in slowly decreasing amounts. You might have a day in here where you feel a lot better. If you do, just don't be too disappointed if you feel like you take one step back. That's very normal.

Good for you for getting exercise in yesterday!! The more you can do that, the better!!

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:07 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 8

Amy Thank You for your message and Happy New Year to Everyone! I had a really good time New Years Eve. And I only took vitamins all day. When I got home at 2am I took .25 of xanax, but I didn't take immodium. I slept about 7 hours that night. Yesterday was not too good but not too bad. I was off of work yesterday so I pretty much laid in bed for most of the day and the worst part was feeling a little like depressed. But i think that's why people that are not on drugs don't like to lay down too much because it can get depression. So I decided yesterday to get up and go to the gym. I felt a lot better after that. I took 5 imodiums and .25 xanax last night. I got about 7 1/2 hours of sleep last night. I am getting real close to being fine physically except for the energy. But I am sure that will come in time. It's just mentally it can be exhausting, KWIM. The last two months before I jumped was a huge roller coaster ride, feeling crappy in the morning and feeling good at night. I start school in about 3 weeks, I deff should be a lot better by then right? That would just put me past the 1 month mark. Thank You Everyone for taking the time to read this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:42 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi Ty,

How are you doing? I've tried to post on your thread in recent days but it took me to this google gifts page or something and I couldn't get back to your thread. It happened a few days in a row but seems to be working okay now so I'll post this quick so it sticks.

Please let us know how you're doing.

Sage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:30 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

14 Days suboxone free!!!

Sage,

I am doing really well. Sorry I havent been able to post. I just got back from being away for work. The trip was very good. I am feeling pretty good. I have been taking very little xanax like .25 at night just to sleep and about 2 or 3 imodiums at night to sleep. Last night I didn't take any xanax. I have been sleeping well about 7 hours a night. My energy is not fully there but its okay. I still have my subs, lol. I never wanted to throw them out just in case the w/d's got really bad however I think it is time to throw them out, what do you think? I don't think about taken subs at all, Thank God! I feel so much better then the first week. I think I should keep getting better and stronger everyday. It was great hearing from you, Thank You for checking in.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:21 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hey Ty,

Good to hear from you. I wish i could give you the best answer to your questions, but with my experiences, especially recently, and reading others posts/situations, I don't want to say yes do it or don't do it. If you do decide to not flush, then get them out of your possession. Have a very trusted friend or family member else hold onto them for you asap (with specific rules if you ask for them back). Having it in your possession, especially at this time, is likely going to make your brain preoccupied knowing you have them and easier to cave if you can just grab one in a weak moment and take it anytime.

I'm doing okay. Ultimately, I went back on a very low dose because some old stuff was stirred up quickly with a conversation I had with my friend's (who passed away) exboyfriend. I wasn't craving heroin but it scared me how quick the old stuff was stirred up. You and I are in totally different situations doing this. I had been in bed almost everyday for basically months and that may have contributed to my not being successful in doing this at this point in time, but WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT. Many people do get off it successfully and that's great. For me, I realized it wasn't the right time and I'm okay with that (now, there was some extreme disappointment in myself the first few days).

Just know from reading so many other's posts that having any Sub around while doing this can make it much harder (but maybe use a close friend as a safety net holding onto what you have left, better turn to a friend whose holding onto this stuff for you than not have a plan, get cravings and do something much more dangerous) and think for a while if you do call that person.

I hope this helps.

Have a good day!

Sage
xoxo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:10 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I don't know how many you have left but if it's any sizable number I would not throw them away. Perhaps that's how I'm wired. I just could not take three or four or five, one-hundred dollar bills and flush them down the toilet. I pretty much see this as the same. At $8 or so a strip these things have huge value. I agree with others about having a trusted friend or family member hold them for you. Put them in a locked safe if you can. You never know what life brings. You never know if you have to get back on sub again down the road.

Again, this just might be my prudent financial business mind here but it's my thought on it. You can always toss them a year or two from now. Just have someone else secure them if that is safer for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 17 sub freee!!!!!!!!!

It was a very good Friday and saturday. I have been able to sleep both nights without take anything. I haven't taken xanax in 3 days and imodium in 2 days. I feel my energy at the gym is returning really good. Sometimes like on Friday at work I was getting really tired but maybe bc i forgot my vitamins at home that day. I also have l tyrosine and b 12 but i haven't really taken any of them. Maybe I should..

Anyway, for anyone looking for encouragement, being sub free is definitely definitely do able. The key is doing a good slow taper is so you don't want to go through to much pain. Looking back now is so feel I was being a baby bc it really wasn't that bad. Fear was what made everything worse. But if you want to have have a good life without needing to take anything then you have to fight for it. Pain is temporary, it may last for an hour, a day, a week, even a month but eventually it will subside and when it does something greater will take it place.

Sage and Don

Thanks for posting I have about 10 strips left. Idk I might just throw them all out or have have a friend hold like 1 or 2.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Ty,

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. :D It's very nice to hear a good outcome every now and then.

As for the subs you have left...I personally don't see why you would need to keep them around, but you should do what feels right for yourself. That's kind of a tough one to give advice on. Just make sure if you do hold on to any that you have some kind of plan in place to make sure you don't use them on impulse. They definitely don't need to be within easy reach for you.

Good luck with your future. Keep on guard against relapse, and never forget where you came from. It's so easy to wind up right back in the gutter if you drop your guard. I'm truly happy for you, Ty!

Q

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Day 19 Sub Free!!!

Today has been a good day. I am a little tired..I am getting ready to leave work soon and plan on hitting the gym (even though I am exhausted I have to fight through it). I haven't taken xanax since Thursday night (its now tuesday). I took imodium sunday and before that friday. I take about 3-4 imodiums. Sometimes i still get RLS. Last night the legs were bothering me, nothing to crazy just a little annoying. Honestly, this whole process has been exhausting and annoying some good days and some bad ones. One day you think your finally over it all then the next some symptoms return. I am able to sleep pretty good (although I wake up about 1-2 a night I fall back asleep within 10 mins).

PS, I think tomorrow I am throwing away the subs I have left. I am so disgusted with these subs. I definitely feel a lot clearer mentally. But i know it will take a little more time to get through this but it has gotten better definitely. Yesterday I had a awesome and in the weekend I was feeling really good.

If anyone has any questions or concerns with jumping please feel free to ask me. I will definitely help you out. Thanks Everyone