It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Sub tablets
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My new Sub Doctor is switching me from the film to to the tablet. I was looking for people that switched to film from tablet or tablet to film. I have never taken the tablet before. My questions are:

Did you see any difference in the effects? I am assuming no since it is the same medicine but some clarification would be nice

Does the tablet taste any better than the film? HOPEFULLY LOL

Any personal experiences would be appreciated.

THANKS,
Dana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:20 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

It is a personal preference really. When I first tried suboxone I loved the tablets. I acquired them from friends at first, and after trying the films for the first time I hated it. After a while the films grew on me and I started to like them. Once I went to a doctor for the first time my doctor was pro films from his other patients’ feedback. Personally, I like the strips much better than the tablets, but there are many who say the opposite. From what I have heard, it seems kind of odd for your doctor to want to change from strips to the tablets because in most scenarios doctors prefer the films because there's less diversion. After being prescribed the films for a while, I was curious about the tablets and partially filled my script for the tablets and felt I didn't get the same effects but it may have been a mind thing. If it wasn't a mental thing then it could have been that not as much of the tablet was absorbed because it much larger and there's more filler in it. I am not trying to scare you by any means, but that is just my experience with it. It’s kind of strange how I flipped back and forth between the two and changed my opinion. Also, I never thought the taste of suboxone was bad, subutex was awful, so I can't really comment on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:23 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks, I really appreciate your observations.

Thanks again,
Dana