It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:38 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I recently switched from generic bupe(which was in pill form), to the normal name brand strips... I was on the generic version for almost 6 months, with little to no problems besides the time it took to take it.. Got new insurance and they covered the name brand version(they actually preferred it), so obviously i made the switch.

I just got my first script of strips, and on them(as in the individual package) it says they expire in Nov 2015. However on the huge pharmacy bottle they gave me the strips in it says they expire in Feb 2016(obviously thats wrong)..

I ask, because compared to the generic version, they seem a little less than par... I mean clearly they expire in 9 months, so technically they are fine. But idk if that time frame is normal or not(considering i never had strips before(from any source))... Im just wondering if thats about the time frame you guys/gals get? or is like a year or two out for yours?

Is it just psychosomatic? or should i be worried?

I think my other issue, is that i have to learn to place the strip better. Since with the pill, i could kinda just like throw it under my tongue anywhere for the most part, and it would be fine.

Thanks too anyone who helps :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:57 pm 

Hey DrPepper :). (Love the name!!)

My strips say the expiration is 12/2015 so I think ur completely fine. U will notice that sometimes the strips look a little different from time to time...or mine do anyway. Like sometimes mine will be really orange and fresh looking and other times the letters or numbers will be harder to see, but all in all I have never been able to tell a difference after I take it no matter what it looks like. So no worries, ur good as long as it isn't expired, which has never happened to me and its been yrs so it's all good.

I'm sure the strips are a little different feeling when ur used to the pill form. If u look online at suboxone.com it shows u exactly how to place the strips under ur tongue and suggestions on better absorption also. You'll get used to it in no time. There are times with me, the strips end up sliding to the left or right while I'm dosing but it still does the job so try not to worry. And if it gets too overwhelming at first cut em in halves and put in less then when they're done put in the rest immediately after. Those are just some suggestions that I have personally done to make it a little easier.

Have a great day DrPepper :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Meds will have their full potency beyond the expiration date. Then, in general they will begin to be less potent, a few percent a month. Years ago we would take/ship expired meds overseas for medical missions but stopped about 15 years ago. (Politics and State Department edics)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi DrPepper,

Your question has already been answered, but I wanted to add that we do tend to see members who notice a difference in how they feel from one brand to the next. I think it's most likely the absorption issue. Different methods of delivery (pill vs. strip) are absorbed better using different techniques.

I would take Jenn's advice and visit the suboxone website. There is also a great post on Dr. J's blog (suboxonetalkzone) about maximizing absorption, and lots of posts here on this forum about it.

I think you will find that in time you will get the new routine down and feel as you did before.

And, welcome to the forum!

Q

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

qhorsegal2 wrote:
Hi DrPepper,

Your question has already been answered, but I wanted to add that we do tend to see members who notice a difference in how they feel from one brand to the next. I think it's most likely the absorption issue. Different methods of delivery (pill vs. strip) are absorbed better using different techniques.

I would take Jenn's advice and visit the suboxone website. There is also a great post on Dr. J's blog (suboxonetalkzone) about maximizing absorption, and lots of posts here on this forum about it.

I think you will find that in time you will get the new routine down and feel as you did before.

And, welcome to the forum!

Q

Yeah, ive been to suboxone website and saw what you and jenn are both talking about... My main issue is i always second guess my placement, ive ruined at least 3 strips because of that... I think im just worrying for no reason... But thanks for the reply, ill go look for that blog post now too.... Thanks again.