It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

When you look at Vicodon doses, you have to look at the first number, 5/500 is 5mg hydrocodone and 500mg Tylenol, 7.5/750 is 7.5mg hydro and 750mg tylenol. If it were 500 or 750mg hydro it would kill you! Oxy is only maybe 25% stronger than hydro. So my guess is that 0.375mg Sub = 5mg oxy = 6.25mg hydro. So if you want to go off at the equivalent of 1 Vike, .25mg is about right.
I think you are really on the right track. Even if you want to stay on .75 until the end of the semester or longer, it should be fairly easy to taper down to .25 when you're ready and go off. I think you already know that the real challenge is STAYING off. It's not a physical addiction at that point, it's a psychological one. Most people cant do it alone. Even if you don't want to formally join a recovery group, you will need the support of recovering addicts. Since you're in school I bet there are a lot of people around. I know it's not easy, but put yourself out there. Let some people you trust know you are recovering. You will be surprised at the number of people out there who are going through it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Oh yeah, when I would use the converter I would say 7.5 not 750. I just say that b/c thats what I say when I refer to vicodins but I realize that some people only call them 7 5's. You are right I think it will be easy to get down to .25. I have a schedule.. lol.. I have a little excel spreadsheet to calculate my doses and how much suboxone I need for the next few weeks.. lol.. I'm at .6 and I feel the sub that's for sure. Tomorrow I go to .5, I don't think it will be hard. My schedule says that .25 will start on October 22. And I plan to be at 0 by November 22. But we'll see - I'm not sure if I should taper down and jump or taper down and maintain for a few weeks and then jump. That's why I wondered this whole thread question in the first place -- do the receptors get back to normal in a matter of a few days, a fews weeks, or months? Because I figure if I just quickly taper and then jump, it can be hard. But if I slowly taper and maintain at an extremely low dose, is the brain doing some repairing? If so, it might be easier in the end.

Worse comes to worse, November 22 comes, I realize I'm slammed with exams and crap, and I wait until Mid-December during winter break. You're right, it is much easier when there are people to talk to. It gets harder when I am alone. Unfortunately I'm in all online classes so I don't get to talk to people. Of course I have friends outside of school, but they all use and really I just try to not associate with them except over the phone. This is actually the most boring lonely time of my life. I go crazy being stuck behind this computer all day, and the work never ends. But it's all apart of life. It will make me a better person in the end.