It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:01 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hey guys, I recently started the suboxone program after 6 years of misery, it's working out great!! I know this is really stupid but I IV them, I'm trying to stop I know I have to but I told the truth on my app and only get 5 a week, my doctor just tore me a new rear end for NOT having suboxone or any opiates in my urine!!!!! She told me I'm not a real drug addict and I'm kicked out next week If it didn't know up... So in like how is this even possible I shoot it straight into my bloodstream every single day hmmm!? If I take it sublingual how's that different from shooting, I just want to have it in my system so I'll start sublingual if I have too, I need this program for at least a few more months it's my 2nd visit!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:58 am 

Hey zoho,
You shoot sub and your Dr says yourcNot a rel drug addict?!.. Thats a stumper..
You should be getting 100% bio ability doing this. I dont understand either.
How much are you shooting? 1mg...8mgs?.how often? I think hou said every day..?

Advice..Stop shooting, get in the game and do this the right way .
You will be better off in the end.
Also,maybe a few months is to short a time to limit yourself. Just go a day at a time and see how life gos...
Welcome to the forum ..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quantitative drug testing, the method that many docs use to make sure patients are taking the drug and taking it CORRECTLY, measures a breakdown product called 'norbuprenorphine'. It is formed when the non-absorbed buprenorphine gets picked up at the intestine, and goes to the liver via the portal vein.... where it is completely converted to norbuprenorphine. You have zero bupe in your portal vein, and very small delivery of buprenorphine to your liver-- so you have little or no norbuprenorphine in your system.

Take it right-- or you will lose the chance to take it at all.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The doc explained it way better than I was getting ready to attempt to.

I understand the reasons why people IV the drug, as I've heard it enables you to use less and therfore save money, but I've mainly heard this from those who get their buprenorphine illicitly, in an attempt at self treatment. However, buprenorphine isn't meant to be taken IV, and could cause much more harm than good if you continue to take it this way. Infections, absesses, heart problems etc, You have an opportunity that thousands of addicts on waiting list are literally dying for. You have a doctor, and a legal prescription, with the patient cap and other barriers to treatment that exist, you are incredibly lucky! Don't blow this chance at a life that isn't full of misery. Please use this opportunity you have to really get better. Take your meds as prescribed by the dr.,(sublingually) and participate in any other recovery programs offered by your doctor. We all want to see you succeed. Stick around here, ask questions, get support and let us know what happens when you go back to your doctor.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:39 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Thanks so much for the advice guys, I know I need to stop shooting them and will, I only have 1 and a half 8mg strips left until my appointment on wednesday, If I take the 12mg between monday tuesday and wednesday morning sublingually I should be okay to test positive for bupe? This was so helpful, me and my friend both got the same ass tearing last week, we looked at each other like is she serious? Thanks so much guys, it makes way more sense now!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:01 pm 

Hey Steff,
Its great having the best Dr around
to help us all. Learn something new everyday here. Just wish Icould remember it all.

Ya, just load up your sub by mouth and you should be fine.

No more Shooting!!!!
You doing anything else for your recovery?
My recovery didnt really take off till i hit some meetings an such..
Good luck ...

Razor