It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Sub Out!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

We need more good stories about stopping Subs.
One month and jumped from 10mg. I dont think I ever got a good 10 mg anyway...stupid gag reflex..lol
Anyway...the main wds for ME were ...EXHAUSTION (Still is but not as bad,each day you get more energy) Anxiety...most probably remember me trippin out the whole time on Subs...so, it was something I was used to. Klonopin ONLY when it gets unbearable. I think thats about it. No diarreah except maybe twice. Which I was so constipated to begin with. Sadness will peak in...But, I kept my mind busy...and Prozac lol.
All and all, Im not real sure how I would rate Suboxone. My body fought Suboxone every step of the way. My husband did excellant on it.
Just wanted to share because not many ppl do after they are done with treatment. Counsling and a healthy spiritual life style helped.
If done correctly Suboxone is NOT the worst wd in the world...its just not. Its a great lifetime tool for ppl who have struggled their whole lives with addiction. God Bless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:15 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Congratulations and best of luck with continuing on and moving forward in your life.

I understand the site doesn't put a huge emphasis on quitting subs and I understand long term maintenance may be ideal for most, but I agree with you about more people sharing how and when they were able to quit and I would love to see more success stories of people who have got off of subs... especially people who's experience wasn't a nightmare like in your case!

Good Job and Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I also agree, giving your full story allows others to gauge where they are at in the process and helps identify which plan of action one should take when it come to stopping subs. I had the easiest jump from .25mgs. It would be cool if this forum was a bit more interactive, like for our avatar like we could have a brief bio of our drug use, what we used/for howlong, our story or being on subs, how we taperded, maintained, jumped and where in our recovery we are at now. I think this will behelpful for new users to identify with people that were once in there situation, I guess it would almost be like an online sponsor of sorts. Just an idea that I think would be good, it would organize each persons journey in a better way because most stories are lost in the threads. Anyways got off the topic but I totally agree with you. The internet is full of horror stories by people that were not properly educated and made the mistake of jumping way too high.