It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Is sub making me sick??
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:06 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Ok, I have been back on subutex for nine days, I am dosing at 4mg. I took my 4mg at 7am and felt fine until about 11am and started to get sick, like I had to throw up. This is the third day in a row I have felt like this. I mean I am fine for 4hrs then bam, it hits me. I did eat so it isn't that. I am thinking it is the sub because usually this is what it feel like if I dose to high. I think maybe I will try 2mg tomorrow or even 1mg. I don't like feeling like this at all. If I dose at night, I never know if it makes me sick casue I am sleeping. Is it possible for sub to make you sick so long after the dose. I am preggo too, so it wouldn't kill me to go lower anyway. It is just so hard to cut the 8mg round pill into a 2mg. By the time you try to cut it that small, it crumbles up :( how to get around that one. I stay sick for a good two hours then I am ok. It makes me not want to take the sub. I took it yesterday evening and just switched to mornings this morning. I took 4mg at 5pm yesterday - could the two doses been to close together. they were 14hrs apart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kris,

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Considering you're pregnant though, it is entirely possible that your nausea is unrelated to the subutex. All pregnancies are different and can easily cause nausea, as of I'm sure you're aware. Especially since it's happening so many hours after to take it.

You might also want to consider taking your subutex at the same time every day. That might give you a better idea of what's going on. If it continues you might want to see your doctor, too, just to be safe.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:41 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

It happens around the same time for the past three days. I am 36weeks, so I just didn't think you get sick like this at the end. I feel horrible, I don't even want to take the subutex any more because of the taste. I feel like death right now :(

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:25 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

With you being 36 weeks i would say call both your drs asap to figure out what could be going on. like hat said it could be just that but if it has happen 3 days in a row same time maybe its something more. but let me tell you the mind could play strong tricks on you. and if you think your gonna get sick at the same time every day then you are gonna get sick cause you have your mind made up. tomm try to stay busy for ex. leave a half hour b4 this usually happens and go shopping or for a walk if your up to it just try to keep your mind of that certain time and i think youll see that your fine. then once u realize its that time if u get sick then youll know its all in your head. im not saying what your going threw is in your head an not a serious issue but it could be so just try to keep your mind busy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:59 am 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

So it is like 11am and I am doing ok today. Food isn't really appling to me right now, I had to like force myself to get something this morning. I haven't taken the sub yet just because I dread the taste - I don't know maybe it is in my head that that is causing the sickness. I had a baby shower on Sunday, so who knows maybe I picked up something there. I am doing ok without the sub right now, so I am going to wait a little while before I dose, I may even skip today just because I don't want to get sick :( I don't know. I surely will take less then 4mg tomorrow. I think I am only going to do 1mg and if that isn't enough and I start to feel anxiety then I will do another .5 or 1mg. Remember I have just been back on it for subutex for 8days so i still am trying to figure out the right dose grrrrrrrrr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:52 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Kris,

I’m sorry you’re feeling so bad. My Dad was an Obstetrician, and he used to refer to the last month of pregnancy as “the fourth trimester” since most women are very uncomfortable, so it seems to last forever. I’m not a doctor, but I did work at an ObGYN office for several years, and we saw a lot of women who developed really bad reflux, stomach pain, and nausea as the pregnancy progressed and the baby pushed everything up (I’m sure you are well aware of the physics of all this :) ), and many of them lost their appetite, particularly in the last weeks, and had to force themselves to eat. I also wonder if the taste of the sub is made worse by the pregnancy…I have heard that the hormonal changes of pregnancy make some foods sound wonderful (hence cravings), and other foods sound nasty (even if they are foods the woman usually enjoys). I think the real test will be how you react to the sub after you deliver…does it make you sick, does it taste as bad? In the mean time, I would just advise you to make sure your OB is up to speed with how you are feeling.

How is everything else going? Are you having cravings or any withdrawal symptoms (other than the anxiety)?

Subs Not Drugs!!!

"Don't hope for a life without problems. An easy life results in a judgmental and lazy mind."
- Zen Master Kyong Ho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:43 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

No my w/d is only anxiety, I can't take it today, I had to force myself to eat today. Food is just nasty to me right now. I am not sure what to do about the sub, I just can't take it right now because I am afraid it will make me sick. I have no anxiety right now, so I am ok. My sub dr said get as low as I can and stop 3-4 days, I just tried to eat and the reflux is horrible, I feel the throw up coming up my throat, sorry i know that is nasty to talk about.
I never w/d bad, it is only anxiety that I get. I don't get the runs, or anything like that. I am doing fine, so I just need to chill out for a while :( I do feel much better today. Please don't bash me for not taking my sub today, I just can't.

I am on my way to get a stroller right now, the only thing let is a crib :) tewty more days. I wish I could just stop the sub altogether, but I am skipping today and if I need it tomrrow I am only doseing at 1mg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kris,

I know you have tried to go off the sub and then back on and now you are sick, but you probably need to do a couple things here that will make it better. First, you have to stop messing with the dose. I understand skipping it if you just can't tolerate it, but prior to this you were all over the place. I think that is making it worse. The second thing is, you have to stop taking it "as needed" and really try taking it once per day, same time. I think if you can work hard to get the schedule as normal as humanly possible, things will be a lot easier for me. I say this knowing that a lot of this has all been with excellent intentions, but I think it has just gotten away from you a little. Also.....I think you have some anxiety because every day you are making a new plan on how you are going to do this and I have to think that your mind is going wild with all of this or you wouldn't be posting about it so often. There has to be anxiety in all of this for you.

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:20 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

Yes, I agree. I thought about that last night. I just skipped the dose yesterday because I was so sick. I am going to dose once a day at the same time. Morning seems to be the best. The sub dr told me to go as low as I can, he said every three days, he said if i can't do it to stay at the 4mg. So I am not going back and forth any more because it just makes me worse. Subutex is a great med and it helps my bipolar as well. The baby will be fine. I am ok with taking this med and trust me I am not going to stop and start anymore - not good for me or baby. I was sick yesterday and you know my anxiety is gone because I made the choice to stay on it. For me it is ok to take. 4mg is not a lot and I think my baby will be fine. I am going to try 2mg and if that isn't enough, I will go back up. I have to listen to the drs and not my own mind that can play tricks on me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am glad you are going to try to do that. You know I totally care about you and just want what is best for you. I hate to see you worried so much and being so stressed over the dose and what to do.

I can't wait till you have this baby so you can just get on a normal schedule and then start figuring out your situation overall. You just have so much going on right now.

Cherie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:49 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I had this problem too, but it was with suboxone and it ended up being because I would swallow the left over saliva(containing naloxone) and I guess I was sensitive to it. I would get waves of faintness(light headed, nausea, etc) throughout the day and it wasn't pleasant and sounds exactly like what you're describing. So I started spitting out the remaining saliva and well it went away. That can't be it though since Subutex is Buprenorphine only.

I hope it goes away. Could also very well be a symptom of pregnancy as I'm sure you know. Best of luck!