It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: sub keeps me normal!!!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

One way I appreciate the effects of subox is that it keeps my mood at a equal level most of the day. I have dealt with mild depression my whole life. Especially after my rounds of drug use for fifteen years and i never would have thought that a med could help my pain problems and my depression and my drug addiction.Shouldn't i get some kind of pay from the manufacturing company for this lol! Wade kentuckiana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

LOL !! No, Wade. Because you just expressed what EVERYBODY else has already said.

Post subject: So TRUE!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wade - I'm in FULL agreement and I feel the same way as you. I have abused Opiates (Pain Pills) most of my adult life until I found Suboxone. I'm really ready to get off Lexapro because I really think Suboxone will do it all. I'm thinking more and more of requesting my doctor to wean me off Lexapro. My only concern of getting off Lexapro would be for its anti-anxiety properties. Not sure how much Buprenorphine would work on that aspect. Anyways, I have a lot of gratitude for this medication.

SuperBuper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm in agreement - I feel SO MUCH better on suboxone. I don't know that it helps my mood per se, because I also take Celexa and without that, I'm prone to major depressive episodes. But for me being on suboxone has improved my life significantly. I'm happy with it and plan to remain on it.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:41 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I would have to say that suboxone has helped with depression but it had more so helped maintain it. It does not take much for me to have my mood change. But that not the suboxone at all thatcjust the way my mind works.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:17 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You are sooooo right!!! When I had to wean off before my surgery in 2007, I went from being myself to....a crazy person!! They gave me tons and tons of pain medication, trying to help the withdrawal, but even when they did that I was all over the place, and I don't mean being high. I mean my moods. I thought I was really going nuts. I hate admitting it but at some point, I actually asked the nurse to take my baby to the nursery and told her I was just tired. It wasn't that. I was having weird and dark thoughts and I actually didn't trust myself around my baby. That was so sad. I was discharged with soooo many drugs. They gave me strong Percocet and 2 bottles of Dilaudid in different doses to take in between the Percocet. (My doc had botched the surgery and taken out something other than my tube and I think this was his way of bribing me :roll: ) On the way home, I came unglued on the phone to my son's martial arts instructor....cussing, crying, screaming....just crazy. Unrecognizable. It wasn't post-partum...it was the lack of Sub. After getting home, I decided to nix/flush the pain killers and go right back onto Sub because I felt so overwhelmingly out of control. I swear on my life, within an hour of taking the Sub, I was fine. In pain, but fine. Level. Rational. My family wanted me to take the pain killers and wean off of them instead. That would have been a really bad decision for me. Even though I had to take crap for it, getting my peace of mind back was worth it.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have major depression and anxiety and recently decided to go on Suboxone solely to elevate my mood. I have noticed much less anxiety, and a much better mood. No suicidal thoughts. I've been on it about a month and take between .75 and 1 mg a day. The only thing I'm concerned about is tolerance. I know I will become tolerant as time goes on, I am just hoping that tolerance doesn't develop so fast that I have to go up and up every month. I hope I can find a steady dose to stay at.

Post subject: Please !!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:07 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

HNH777 -- Please look around on this forum, somewhere here there is a poster who also used Suboxone for something other than opiate addiction... Dont get me wrong I love Suboxone, Your story is interesting, did a Dr. perscribe this for you and did you ask him if he's put other patients on Suboxone for depression issues, Welcome, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:53 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey superbuper i actually tried that anxiety med when i stopped suboxone for a few months and it zombie fied me. I hope the sub takes care of you on that too. I was mainly trying that anxiety/depression med because they said it could give me energy but it didn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Sullimi or mike? A doctor/psych actually put me on a low dose for pain management and addiction maitenance. There are a few who actually care about people not just money!

Post subject: Sub the miracle med
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Wade - You know when I first started taking Lexapro it really slowed me down but I got used to it in time. The first day I took Lexapro, I had to leave work to go home and sleep.. I was so tired I slept for five hours and then woke up in the best mood it was weird. It took a good week for the tired feeling to wear off. Then I felt like I was in a bubble for awhile, I couldn't get sad and I couldn't get really happy. I would say a few weeks into Lexapro I was doing really well with my mild depression. All the above I hear is quite common when first starting Lexapro.....Lexapro never gave me energy either. Then the relapse happened and things were never the same anymore until I found Suboxone.

Since starting Suboxone there has been a major stabilization in my mood. I did go through some rough months when I lost my house but now that's all over and I'm completely back to normal. I really think I'm going to ask my doctor to wean me off Lexapro just to see how things go just on Suboxone.

HNH777 - Very interesting, I think that's awesome... For me Suboxone hasn't acted like a full agonist with the tolerance issue. I have been stable on 8MG of Suboxone for almost a year now and I haven't once felt like I needed more. I'm only speaking for myself... But I'm very much aware of how quick tolerance goes up with full agonists. I was concerned too when I first started Suboxone but I quickly learned for me this wasn't the case.

SuperBuper

Post subject: Re: Sub the miracle med
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:07 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

SuperBuper wrote:

Since starting Suboxone there has been a major stabilization in my mood. I did go through some rough months when I lost my house but now that's all over and I'm completely back to normal. I really think I'm going to ask my doctor to wean me off Lexapro just to see how things go just on Suboxone.

HNH777 - Very interesting, I think that's awesome... For me Suboxone hasn't acted like a full agonist with the tolerance issue. I have been stable on 8MG of Suboxone for almost a year now and I haven't once felt like I needed more. I'm only speaking for myself... But I'm very much aware of how quick tolerance goes up with full agonists. I was concerned too when I first started Suboxone but I quickly learned for me this wasn't the case.

SuperBuper

It's not easy stabilizing on sub, we all know that, but I have to agree that it does help with mood swings, but not major depression issues. There are days (most) that I'm myself, and it took me a long time to get to this point, but then I do have days where I won't want to do anything and being my mothers primary care giver, I have to move myself. However, I do know people who need an antidepressant for their depression and thats OK. Suboxone is not the holy grail by any means, it takes hard work, seeking out the tools we need to make it work, counseling, therapy or meetings, whatever works for a person. The road to remission is not a long road, but it is indeed a hard road for some, and for others it becomes so very easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Ok i use my droid x to do this site so im limited on what i can read when i text but to the girl or guy who was talking about being on. 75 to 1mg a day. You were wondering about tolerance and if that is suiting you now i don't expect your tolerance would ever change enough that you should need to adjust it monthly. Maybe in six months but maybe never, that just my opinion though. I've been on sub two times in my life and my first time i went up to 3 pills a day but probably didn't need it i was still figuring out how it worked.now im stabilized on under one pill a day. I have been at that for about five months. And the other day somebody said something about how everybody on here was family,well thanks for that ,im a single dad of a four yr old boy, and when he was born i dropped all my dealing and drug friends. So im single now and really dont t have anyone to talk to about things, suboxone especially.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:13 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I too was helped tremendously mood-wise by being on Sub but now
that it's been a couple months I am all fucked up again. Angry
pissed, and most importantly of all bored and lonely.

I used to be on Lexapro, I thought I would never get off the shit.
It did NOTHING for mood or anxiety ( I have an anxiety disorder)
but my asshole psych. insists on keeping me on it. I tapered off
it a long time ago. Now I just get it filled and I hoard the
Lexapro in a sack. It's almost full. I have to be on good
terms or the fuck will jerk me off my benzo that I am
so freakin' addicted to but still need for legitimate
anxiety. I think if I really wanted to get off benzo's
it would take a freakin year of going down a 1/16mg
per week.

:pissed off:

I am glad that atleast some people feel good. My life
right now is shit and I don't know why.Too many
reasons I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Aginapain i think?about being angry and hating. I have two reasons that make me that way the first is i take about one klonapin a week and almost exactly two and a half days later for a day im very grumpy and easily aggrivated like clockwork. Possibly that can be the deal with you? But im no genius. Another thing is medicine in general screws with me. I used to curse all the time and hate people and just mad and then i asked Jesus to save me and change me and it happened almost overnght i love people and am almost always happy and thankfull for everything i have. Take care of yourself and another thing is i always felt alone untill i did what i just said and now i aabsolutely never feel alone,bored maybe! Take care and write back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Angina pain, I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now. Is it possible that you've got leftover emotions/baggage from when you were using that you still need to deal with? I know for me suboxone alone only addressed my cravings and withdrawals. I had to learn how to deal with all the feelings I was numbing by taking drugs to begin with. Just a thought I had. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:35 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

In my shrinks office the last time I was there I was looking through a magazine on pain, think about it there are so many different kinds of pain, I was reading an article in there by another shrink ( go figure ) .. The #1 thing to do for people in any type of pain is to hang around people that make you smile.. its going to be a quiet Holiday season at my house, my wife, me and my son, thats ALL....... being happy is a selfish thing, Start working on it, Mike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:44 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I take Klonopin for anxiety, but since being on The Box-one I take ALOT less Klons. I believe this falls under our other post as well...something about "stash"...hmmm. :0)

Post subject: Depression & Suboxone
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey all...sorry so late on this reply, I just got back from Disney and have been slammed this week...

Darkeyes - Thanks for your reply....I would say my depression was mild anyways. When I came clean off opiates my first time, I found myself down on the weekends mostly. I'm hardly ever down now since starting Suboxone. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones...For me, I would like to take as less medication as possible. So if I can get off Lexapro I'll be happy. If I find myself getting anxiety or depressed, I will not think twice about hopping back on Lexapro, I'm not ashamed at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:10 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

hi all, im new to this forum,so i wanted to say hi,and tell you my story.......im a 56 yr old male, ive been on sub mtce. for over two years now...i take 16mg day divided in 4 doses......ive always had addiction problems...for over 30 yrs it was food that was my drug of choice,and mixxed some gambling in there to add to my self inflicted torture....nine years ago i had gasrtic bypass surgery and lost over 140lbs,and started my dabbling into opiates...after food was eliminated in my life something else had to take its place so
percocet semed to fit the bill,and made me feel normal,whatever normal is....also had pain issues from the surgery,especially a botched foley catheter application...which damaged my puendal nerve..burning in the penis (ouch)..so the percs came in handy........well you all know the end game ..i was conning docs with multiple scripts,and taking 20 percs at a clip...i knew what the end game to this wasnt good...thats when i searched out a bupe clinic in my home state...........i was in withdrawls and the doc waited to make sure i was in full..withdrawls..he gave me 4mg under my tongue,and have been taking sub ever since...no tolerance issues,and i barely notice my pain,not to mention my mood is bright.........i also take 10mg of lexapro,and 90mg of aderall.........i have mental illness in my family.and an uncle who died from parkinsons didease...pretty sure i have a dopamine deficiency,along with a endorphin problem...i think of tapering off of the bupe...but,it really helps in those 3 areas ..pain ,mood,and addiction...amazing medication.....of course the taste is terrible,but my doc says they have a clear strip tab now.suboxone,,,,only....it disolves instantly,i might try it....hope i cleared up some misconceptions about bupe....not saying theres no side effects...sex prob,taste ect ect.........but for now thank god for this med,,,,,,,niko