It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:46 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well, looks like I pressed submit when I wasn't finished writing! I wouldn't say twice a day dosing is common, but it isn't uncommon-if that makes sense. While it is ideal to only take once a day, there are several reasons to split them but it is best to follow your doctor's instructions. It just isn't a one size fits all kind of deal

I had a boyfriend that did the same thing-would take my money(he didn't work either) and go and buy cocaine. I was so pissed that he did it but my thinking at the time was well, if this is where my money was spent, I'm at least going to do it too! That was a long time ago and thank goodness I didn't stay with him. Toward the end of the relationship, I had to sleep with my money tucked into one side of my bra, my car keys in the other. So I know exactly how that goes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:03 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I think 2 x per day dosing is rare here. In fact, if you're on a higher dose they try to get you to double dose every second day. That never worked for me though. I'd get a bit stoned the first day and be in withdrawal the second day.
I guess drug use attracts aresehole partners!! Once my ex had bought it and put it in front of me, I wasn't exactly going to say no! Especially as I'd effectively paid for it. Of course it didn't take long to become addicted again. I went to a detox hospital 3 times but he'd pick me up after a week with heroin ready for me to get me started again. Eventually I'd used sub for withdrawal so many times that I became addicted to it. At the beginning I was buying it on the street but eventually moved cities so I could get my own doctor. In the big cities here it's easy but I was in a much smaller city at the time where there was a 3 year waiting list.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:06 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

So if you were on a dose of 24mg/day you would take 48mg every other day??? I don't think I would like that too much!
Yeah I was young and he was sooo cool...hot and in a band :roll: . I still talk to him every once in a while. He doesn't do drugs anymore(except pot) and his girlfriend supports him. Shocker! She is actually pretty nice, I feel bad for her.
It sounds like your ex didn't want you to get clean at all!! My thought too...if I bought it, I'm gonna do it!!
I started Suboxone by buying it off the streets too. It would be easier to explain to my current spouse small amounts of money gone than one big chunk gone every month. What would I have said I was buying if I had spent the money it takes for the dr's office in one day($150 visit + $295meds)-and then not have the item I said I bought??? I guess I could have taken a little here and there and saved for the doctor...I just now thought of that, right now!! I wasn't taking the Suboxone properly before I started seeing my doctor. I wasn't taking pills anymore but I would just take tiny pieces throughout the day-up to three strips. I found this forum last March but I still didn't take the medication properly until I started seeing my doctor.
And a three year waiting list?? WOW!! I'd feel so discouraged if I was told that. Thank goodness you moved!! I'm very lucky, I just had to wait a weekend-a very, very long weekend. My partner found the strips I was buying off the street along with the valium I would take every once in a while to go to sleep. He took them all and told me I needed to go to rehab. So naturally, I picked an outpatient one.....that prescribes Suboxone!! She turned out to be an awesome, caring doctor. I am very lucky.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:06 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Lol, being in a band seems so cool when we are young :)
My ex definitely didn't want me clean! He felt justified in spending my money if I was using too.
I forgot to mention, that painting method says to start with a dry mouth. When I was on the film, I used to get chemical burns from it on the bottom of my tongue if my mouth was too dry! It was painful and the skin on the bottom of my tongue would peel off.
So, yep, 24mg per day, they'd give you 48 every other day. But I think 16 might be max daily, not sure.
I'm lucky I don't have to pay as much as you! The government fully subsidises sub here. I just pay a small weekly fee to the chemist when I pick it up. Do you only pick it up once a month? Since I got pregnant I had to switch from seeing the doctor (also free) every 6 weeks to going once a month but I have to visit the chemist weekly.
Usually patients have to take it in front of the chemist and not leave until they can prove it's fully dissolved. I don't have to do that any more though.
At the start, patients have to do that every day for the first 3 months so if the clinic or chemist is shut on Sundays, they double dose you on Saturday. So, it's not even every second day and your body can't adapt to it as it's only once a week. I purposely chose a chemist open every day but because I started with my ex methadone doctor she trusted me quickly and gave me take away doses straight away.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh my goodness, ouch,ouch, ouch!!! Ouch!! I've never heard of it burning someone's mouth before! I'm glad you didn't let that deter you from taking it altogether.
That's nice that that everything is much cheaper-or in some cases free! I do not envy the fact that newbies have to go every day but if I had to, I absolutely would! I see my doctor monthly and have a script for the month. I would have done the same thing-sought out a chemist open on Sunday! I think I'd be drowsy all day if I had to double up(maybe?? I just can't imagine taking 24mgs one day)-all at once!! But again if I had to-I would!! I understand being cautious at the beginning and wanting to build trust before you get take aways. That's awesome that your Sub doc is the one you had for methadone and you could take it home weekly!
So..when is the baby due???? How exciting!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:29 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

The baby is due early September. The 5th I think but I have an irregular cycle so it could be anywhere from the 5th to the 12th.
I went to the hospital for a tour so I could talk to them about the sub. I would expect all hospitals here to be cool with me being on it and do the right thing by me and the baby but I just wanted to be certain.
When I moved to Manly (where I live in Sydney), the first chemist I walked into was very rude and snobby. I asked if they dosed sub and the woman looked down her nose at me and in a very rude voice said "no one in Manly does that, you'll have to go up the hill to the clinic with the rest of them". The clinic up the hill is a daily dosing place with people who can't afford chemists because they don't work and are most likely still using too. It's prob also shut Sundays.
I was surprised to be treated like that as I'd previously been living in inner Sydney where all chemists do it and treat you the way they should!
Fortunately, I didn't take her word for it and walked into the chemist 3 shops further down the road who were absolutely lovely. They were happy to take me on and have been the nicest chemist I've ever been to.
So far, I've been lucky and still haven't had morning sickness. I have a few symptoms though.
I've been tossing up whether to get a dating scan done next week (week 8) or wait until my 12 week scan. A lot of women on my fb group are having dating scans done but most are getting sent away to come back in another week or 2 because it's too early to know for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I would probably do the dating scan-I'd want to know if I could and not be patient enough to wait!! Is this your first? I had morning, afternoon and night time sickness-it was terrible! Thankfully it didn't last long though. Just wait a few months down the road and sneezing,laughing or coughing will make you pee your pants! I have one daughter, she turned three in November. Best thing ever! That's great that you have already taken a tour and received some info, it's a lot better than wondering and worrying about what could/might happen.

Wow "with the rest of them"!!!??!! Umm...you mean people?? How awful her life must be to have that kind of attitude. Glad you didn't take her for her word. I've been lucky so far in the fact that I haven't encountered that kind of attitude before-yet. I don't know how I would have reacted to that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:41 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Vegemite wrote:
I think 2 x per day dosing is rare here. In fact, if you're on a higher dose they try to get you to double dose every second day. That never worked for me though. I'd get a bit stoned the first day and be in withdrawal the second day.
I guess drug use attracts aresehole partners!! Once my ex had bought it and put it in front of me, I wasn't exactly going to say no! Especially as I'd effectively paid for it. Of course it didn't take long to become addicted again. I went to a detox hospital 3 times but he'd pick me up after a week with heroin ready for me to get me started again. Eventually I'd used sub for withdrawal so many times that I became addicted to it. At the beginning I was buying it on the street but eventually moved cities so I could get my own doctor. In the big cities here it's easy but I was in a much smaller city at the time where there was a 3 year waiting list.

man, is there a codependent thread here somewhere or what!?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:45 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Yep HTown, it is my first, even though I'm in my 40s!!

I get some nausea, especially this week but it's not bad. Nowhere near actually throwing up. I don't think I will actually get the dating scan. I've worked out, due to my work situation I will be able to take off a couple of extra weeks anyway. Also, as a teacher, I get 7 weeks summer holidays just as my maternity leave ends.
I'm already at the stage of waking up to wee multiple times every night so I'm sure the sneezing, laughing and coughing will be fun! Might have to get some granny underwear that's like a nappy ;)

I was just about to ask about your child! She sounds wonderful, I really can't wait to actually meet my little one! I'm still nervous though as first pregnancies can't miscarry so easily. It's still early days! At my age the chances of Down Syndrome are really high too compared to younger people. Looking forward to getting the test for that over with in a 3 weeks! I feel much more confident after that. In the mean time, just trying to relax which is why I don't want a dating scan. Plus, I'm back to work on Monday after my summer holidays.

When that pharmacist said "with the rest of them", she may as well have just called me a "scummy junkie"!!??!!

Her life must be really awful all right! I was quite polite given the circumstances. Obviously I haven't gone back there and refuse to ever give her any business.

You are lucky not to have come across that, I get the impression Australia is one of the friendlier places in terms of drugs and treatment programs. Where are you anyway?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I'm glad I waited until I was older to have a child. She is my first, and I guarantee my last. People tell me all the time that she needs a brother or a sister-I either respond with "she has a brother"(he is 17 and in another state) or "I got it right the first time".
Talk about some sexiness right there!! Get you some granny panties-they are comfy -my mom bought some for me when I went to deliver because I forgot my bag! Yup-she bought those as a joke knowing I'd have to wear them. Didn't mind so much, not going to lie. :D Glad you aren't really dealing with the morning sickness-don't wish it on anyone. That's great that you were able to get those holiday weeks right when your leave ends!! It's also nice that you have it all planned out already! Taking care of business! The OB and her staff told me of all of the risks associated with pregnancy in older women and that I needed to take it easy......I was 32. I feel guilty about not enjoying my pregnancy-I was not happy about it at all, was depressed the entire time. I never considered myself parent material(wasn't even fond of children)- but as soon as I met her-all of that went away and it was love at first sight!! I created this perfect, magical little person.
Oh so you are on your last few days of the summer holiday?? Any plans? Or are you just going to take it easy and relax doing nothing at all?? That is my idea of a good time-doing nothing!! No work calls, emails, clients to deal with- just do nothing except eat some good food, play with the little one, take the dogs to the park and enjoy doing nothing. What grade do you teach?? Teachers are invaluable.

Yes, that pharmacist might at as well have just called you a junkie. That's terrible. I'd like to think that I live in one of the friendlier places too. I'm right outside of Houston, Texas (hence the HTOWN-I couldn't think of anything else but wish I would have put a little more effort into thinking of a username). And I think you are correct in that Australia is one of the friendlier places in terms of programs-I've read about it on this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:46 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I always wanted a child! Even when I was really young so sometimes I wish I'd done it sooner but my life is much more appropriate for it now. Good partner, financially more stable etc. So I'm happy to be pregnant but I felt a bit yukky with the initial cramps and sore boobs!

I actually moved to Sydney from New Zealand in my early 20s, partly to get better drugs! I stayed because I have better career opportunities here. Also because I'm married and now having a baby here.

Any time I've told someone I only want 1 child I also get similar comments about them needing a sibling. So unnecessary!

I was told to take granny underwear to hospital as they'll probably get ruined anyway!

I went to a concert for the last weekend of the holidays. Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds. It was fantastic. Have also eaten out a bit and spent lots of time with my dog. My dog is very old (almost 14). He has to wear shoes as his back legs are weak and he drags his feet.

I teach secondary school which in Australia, given we don't have middle school, is 12 yr olds - 18 year olds. I can't remember if I said, I teach maths.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

SisterMorphine wrote:
Vegemite wrote:

man, is there a codependent thread here somewhere or what!?

Sorry I missed your question!! I'm not sure if there is a codependent thread somewhere, I'd be surprised if there wasn't. You can go to the family section-or another appropriate section- and start one

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I totally agree with the ladies being sore. You never realize how often stuff brushes against them until they are sore. I hope your symptoms do not last much longer.
What kind of dog do you have? Wow, 14 years old! You must have some pretty great memories with your pup. I have two rescues myself, one is a boxer/? mix and the other one is a boxer/German shepard mix. Both weight 96 lbs. We got them a few years apart. At first, they did not get along for a few hours(my bad though since I did not introduce them on neutral territory) but now they cry when they are apart. One is 4(her bday is coming up!) and the other one is 5 1/2. They are great dogs.
So one day you just decided to move? Or you had a job offer in Sydney and the drug thing was a plus? Either way, that's pretty cool. I have only lived here but wish I would've taken a leap and lived other places.
What is your favorite song by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds?? I looked briefly on Youtube and listened to parts of a few of them. I wouldn't mind listening to a few you recommend. I'm a Tool/Deftones/Primus kinda gal.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:40 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

HTOWN, I sent a pm instead. Nice reply above :)