It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:55 am 
Ok, My sub doc is a family doc who specializes in natual healing and stuff like that. Yesterday i went in and spent a total of 20 minutes talking to my doc. For about 5 minutes he asked how i was doing and what not. then for the next 15 minutes talking about this Asea product. Basically if you do a quick search on it. It is basically saline and saltwater. But he claims it does all this awesome stuff like helping athletes to perform over what they normally do. He showed me a picture of his swollen ankle from a couple weeks ago... and on this card it showed him 4 days later after drinking Asea water and showed me how his leg had recovered because of it. He gave me a link to sign up and start possibley making money off of this product. He claims that it is about to take off as far as sales goes. and it is a great oppurtunity to make money and help people also.
Someone please look into this stuff and tell me what you think? I was open minded... But i think this is just saltwater bottled up and sold for 40 bucks a pop. I think they maybe one of the biggest scams in the world. But something tells me the placebo effect could account for what people may feel when taking this product. I just don't know what to think of it. But apparently my doc is pushing this stuff on his patients. And i think he is totally in this for money. In fact, he makes it clear that it is rewarding for him aswell. Hmmmmmmmmmm......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:14 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Looks like a big bunch of bullshit new-agey pseudo-science. Also sounds like your doc has a stake in the product somehow.

I'd fuck him off and find an evidence-based doctor.

Or then again, you could stick with him and humor him ... see whether he wants you to sell his snake-oil Amway style ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:37 am 
Yeah Amway is exactly what came to mind after reading through this stuff. I looked on Asea facebook page and they had a post about my doc in it. As being a big seller and he won a cruz with and stuff. I COULDEN'T believe my eyes when i found this on there facebook page. Check this post out from there F.B page

Dec 7, 2012 2:38pm
A very special congratulations to Ann Giles, William Lampard, Reidun Bohn, Deni Robinson, and Torsten Sedlmeier for earning 175 points before December 28! They have earned incredible extras to make their trip even more remarkable! They have... earned a Mediterranean Cruise that includes 5 days in a balcony cabin along with:
• First Class Round Trip Airfare for Two to Barcelona, Spain
• A Tumi Luggage Set valued at over $1000
• $1000 in spending money during the Cruise
• Brand New iPad 3
• An an extra day in Barcelona, Spain with the ASEA Founders

Click below to listen to a special invitation from Deni Robinson

My doc is William Lampard!!! I was floored when i put two and two together and found this out!! Ya know, it's genius to sell saltwater to your patience also on sub. Telling em it can help with recovery. Maybe even withdraw from subs in the end. He said... Why pay 150 a month for subs when you can spend 40 a month. I CANNOT believe this shit. But you know what.... I don't think it's a bad idea to try to make some money of this stuff. Look at the benefits you can make from selling placebo water! My doc goes on a cruz basically once a month.
Okay ya know what kinda makes this a little believeable?? Rich Roll is a athlete that endorses it. And he is VERY picky on what kinda supplements and stuff he trains with and puts in his body. So aside from my greedy doctor and a athlete i look up to. I'm a little torn. I'm curious if suboxdoc may see this and respond. That would be great to hear another doc's perspective to!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think TeeJay nails it.
Watch out for magnets too.
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... buy-water/

This is why we have pharmacies. So Doctors don't profit by making this sort of recommendation.
PAX