It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:59 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

After one quits suboxone, generally you feel like you don't want to do anything, have no energy, and have no motivation to get up. So, what do you guys think one should do?

Case 1:

We all have days (or at least I do) where we don't want to do anything. We're totally unmotivated and if we didn't have to go anywhere or do anything, we would probably sit and watch TV all day. But once we get ready to go to work and get moving, we're fine and can get a lot done at work. We just got to force ourselves to start moving, and once we start moving, we're OK and can get energy.

Case 2:

When you get a cold, a lot of times you feel like you can't do anything but lay on the couch. A lot of times the doctor will say that you shouldn't try to do anything. You should just lay on the couch and rest back to health.

So what about suboxone withdrawals? Should one try to force themselves to get up and stay moving for the whole day, in which they will get a little more energy? Or, would overdoing it be a bad thing, and they should just sit and rest their body back to health? What do you guys think or have experienced?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was talking to a friend recently who got off Sub lil while back. She tapered down and jumped off when she had a couple of weeks spare. She said the main thing is to not let yourself sit around and do nothing, as tempting and as lazy as you feel.

I can understand how doctors may say you need rest when you have the flu, because I've found that over-exerting myself while I'm sick with something can make the sickness last longer. But in the case of opioid withdrawal, the source of the symptoms is no physical ailment. There's nothing "wrong" with the body. It's just the brain's perception of itself is a bit outta whack. While I can't say how much exercise speeds up acute withdrawal, or whether it does at all. The main benefit of doing stuff is it gets you out of your head, and stops you moping around and feeling sorry for yourself.

I'm all for activity... that being said, I'm the laziest mofo when I'm in withdrawals so I'm being a bit hypocritical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:14 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

LOL ya I totally laid around all day watching Looney Toons the first time I jumped and King of the Hill for days the second time I jumped. But when I went to the car repair place, Wal-mart, and work, I was totally fine. I was a lil slow like maybe how one acts when you are just havin an off day, but nothing that would give away that I was "sick"

That gives me the heeby jeebies, u sayin "its just the brain's perception of itself is a bit outta wack", dang that's scary. Well I guess I just have to be stronger than my brain, and overpower it and say "listen you are wrong, you are totally fine", but... who am "I"? Aren't I my brain? How can my brain be more powerful than itself? Isn't the "spirit" just an abstract term for all the complicated brain processes that make up thoughts? I mean, I'm not against God or nothin, I just like to think in scientific terms sometimes. But I don't believe one thing over another, cuz no one actually knows the truth. So that's why it gives me the heeby jeebies. But, I know that ain't no good way of thinkin about it so I'm just going to try to not think about it too much.