It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone,

I'm from Australia, I grew up in a small suburb called Cabramatta in Sydney, I have quit smoking heroin for 7 years until I met some of my old friends 6 months ago, I had alot of stress from work lately so I decided to smoke abit of heroin with them (I know that is very stupid and I really regret doing that) and guess what before you know it I was back on it again, I smoked for about 2 months and my dose got up to 2 grams a day, now with my current job there is no way I can support that habit, I didn't want to go back to dealing it and end up back in jail, and I don't want to blug it of my friends everyday, so a friend introduce one of his customers that was selling suboxone, he was selling two 8mg pills for $50 AUD or swapping it for heroin, so I was getting suboxone of him every week for the last 3 months, I was taking two 8 mg pills a day until 3 and half weeks ago he got done for breaking and entering and he is currently locked up, so I had only the left overs from before which was about 32 mg left so straight away I cut down on it and took one 8 mg a day then 4mg a day and I did feel pretty bad when I got to 1mg but even ended up breaking that up in half so in 2 weeks I dropped down to 0.5mg per day, I was on 0.5 for 5 days and ran out, now I got nothing and I've flew to another state to get away from my friends or I would end up getting heroin off them, I don't want to touch that shit any more, I will try my best not to touch it after I quit the subs, so at the moment I'm stuck in Melbourne in a hotel, today is my 8th day without anything, I don't even have the energy to go back home, I have read alot on the internet about subs and every forum has different replys, some say the 3rd day is the worst, some say the 5th day is the worst, but to me I felt the worst last night, that was on day 7, on the second day I started to feel like shit but nothing compared to last night, I only slept for about 1 hour the whole night tossing and turning, I have real sore legs and back, keep yawning, I just want to ask some experts with subs is my withdrawls gonna get worst or better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It looks like you went from 16mg per day to zero in three weeks. I understand you tapered over those 3 weeks, but because of Suboxone's long half life, you really didn't jump off at .5mg per se. I'm going to guess that your body actually had around 6mg - 8mg in it when you jumped off, maybe a little less? Anyway, you really kind of jumped from a decently high dose and that means your wd will likely peak in and around day 7 or 8. I jumped off Suboxone kind of like you did, I went from a fairly high dose to a low dose in pretty short period of time and my acute wd peaked on day 10. The lack of sleep was the worst part for me. Spending 22 - 24 hours a day in wd with no relief from sleep SUCKS. Hang on a another day or two and you should start to take a turn for the better.

BTW, being holed up in a motel room is about the worst thing you can do to deal with wd. I understand that you have to get away from your friends and all, but sitting in that room, staring at those 4 walls just lets your mind focus on how shitty you feel. If you can keep your mind occupied by going out and doing something.....anything.....it'll make the wd easier.

Good luck and stay strong.

Post subject: keep going
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:50 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

g'day Azn,
That's an awesome effort, so far, recon Romeo is pretty much on the money with half life V withdrawal, so you got a fair way to go getting right, it could be a worse - went through w/d years ago, and did'nt even know what country I was in for a while.
You definately got get out and about, walk a few miles to a coffee shop, market place or beach,,, hit a hot bath, sauna, get a solid massage, chase down a live band.
You know if you try to soffen the wd with an opiate, you'll have to cover the same ground again, and you are have to decide if your gonna go back to that little suburb thats flooded with heroin, or building a very strong support base if you have to.
Not an expert on sub, but i recon your emotions are all over the place, go with the flow.
Again, good job.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:23 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you guys for the support, I will post everyday to let yous know how I'm feeling until I get cleaned, the most thing I was worried about is it might take longer than 4 weeks to get off subs, cause I only have 4 weeks to get cleaned I took my holidays early this year to get off this shit, I'm feeling alot better now I find out it wouldn't take 4 weeks for me with my dose;) so I'll be back at work before you know it:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey azn,

You might want to check in on this thread, there are two folks there who jumped from high doses and they have been posting about their experience pretty regular. Varitech and Lillyj are their screen names.

http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5965

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Good morning everyone,
I would like to thank everyone for their help and support first, well today is day 9 being cleaned for me, last night i managed to sleep about 2 hours I just had a hot shower feeling pretty good and hungry so as soon as shops open I'm going to get something to eat.
thank you romeo I wil check it out now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yo, 2 hours sleep, that's progress! Lots of drinking water, and walking, so good for detox, walk out the ache, and the water -you can buy really pure water at the supermarket, keep rinsing your mouth out, to help clear toxins out of your body, and improves taste and smell senses [ jaw burn sucks] .
Your doing really well, Azn.
Maybe after detox and you go back, you might think about naltraxone if your going to be around user's, cause for some strange reason people seem to go out of their way to get you back into it, protect yourself against the o'l one taste trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:52 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello all,
just a quick update, I just came back from a local doctor, I told him my situation how I couldn't get any sleep and I was coming off the subs, guess what, he prescribe 20 panadeine fortes and 20 valuims for me lol, I was shocked, I took 2 of each and feeling very drowsy now, so I'm going for a quick nap, see you guys later and again thanks for all the support.

stargazer, thats a good idea, that way even if I do come across the gear 1 day atleast i will know it's not gonna work even if i take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Dude, panadeine forte has 30mg of Codeine in it.....you're trying to get OFF of opiates, not back on them!!! You just took 60mg of Codeine AND 2 Valium?? Phew, be careful man. I can understand the Valium, but not the Codeine. Actually, I can understand 1 Valium, I don't think you should have taken 2 though. Did your doctor suggest you take 2 at a time??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yeah the doctor told me not to take too many to get high, just 2 at a time, he said I would not get addicted to them cause it's only 1 packet, and the valuims, he said I can even take 4 at time if I really needed, he said by the time I finish the pills I should be all cleaned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It's a good move getting out of Cabbra for the time being. I don't know how it is now, but last time I was up there it was hectic everywhere. Nothing like it's ever been in Melbourne. And I went to Sydney to 'get away from my friends' from melb and get clean. Great plan that was. Heard of a place called WHOS?

With the detox, bupe is so hard to predict. I can't look into a crystal ball for you, but I can tell you what it was like for me when I jumped off around 6mg twice. The symptoms started to kick in around day 2-3, peaked about day 7-10. Not peaking like a heroin detox. It was like 3 days on that same level. Then it eased until ... around day 13-14 I felt like I'd cleared the ordeal. ie I felt well enough to function.

It's not as bad as the methadone, but more difficult than the gear IMO.

With the panadeine forte / valium - use them sparingly. For me, panadeine forte never gave me much relief of withdrawals. Honestly I think the valium will provide more relief. The other thing that's good is straight nurofen - Ibuprofen helps the muscle aches. Imodium helps with what imodium helps with. And magnesium as well. If you have the energy, it's worth a walk down chemist's warehouse.

I'm in Melb and I've been stable on Sub for a while now - not using anything. Detoxed wayy too many times myself. If you're doing your head in or need to get out of there, let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

good morning all,
Today is day 10 clean for me, I had the best sleep last night with 2 valuims from 10 pm till 7:30 am, the birds woke me up, at the moment I just feel i have abit of lead in my legs, and thats about it.

tearj3rker, cabramatta is very clean now, well the streets and the CBD areas are cleaned, it's no where like a few years ago when u get off the train and 20 dealers run up to you asking you if you wanna get on, all the shit has been moved to liverpool now lol, y the way thanks for all the tips, I will go get some nurofen later, I think I don't really need the panadine forte, I don't have really bad pains, maybe I wasn't on the subs long enough to get those pains I see epople were talking about so I didn't take any panadine forte since yesterday midday, you are right the valuims is what i need at the moment, with a good night sleep you have alot of energy the next day.