It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Sub and a fractured rib
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:37 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

[font=Verdana] [/font] I have been on 8mg of sub for about 7 weeks, no relapses, controlling my fibro and crohns pain fairly decently. Went to the doctor for some sharp pain in the middle of my back and they said I have a fractured rib. He would give me an opiate but I've already told him no mOre opiates unless I need major surgery. He offered me a toradol shot or a Ibovane(sp?), which I have accepted neither yet. Would either even help? Or mess up what I've accomplished so far? My DOC was lortabs and he was one of the places I was getting them, for legitimate pain issues, but I needed more and more just to feel normal, therefore, I chose to get on subs when I couldn't wean myself below 3.25 mg of lortab. this is a very sharp and stabbing pain they said would last at least 2 weeks. Just suffer through??? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Toradol is non-narcotic and might help your pain. It won't interfere with the suboxone one bit and is not the least bit dangerous for an addict or recovering addict to take. Although it does come in pill form, the "normal" ROA is injection.

I don't know what the other med is you're trying to say, so I can't comment on that one.

Have you just tried ibuprofen? That will reduce inflammation/swelling and should help some of the pain. Did they also wrap your ribs? I'm not sure if that's the normal treatment, but immobilizing them might help reduce some of the pain.

Are you already splitting your 8 mg throughout the day to treat your pain? Sub's pain properties only last on average 4-6 hours, so if you're not already doing that, try splitting your doses through the day. You could also up your dose of sub a bit and that might help your pain some, also.

I hope you feel better soon.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:16 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I do split my Dose, and my sub doctor give me enough for 12 mg a day, I just wanted to be a short time sun user, since I need a very serious surgery to remove part of intestines as soon as possible because of a blockage. I'm really not supposed to use antionflamatories, but I think I'm gonna go ahead and use ultram pills and go in for the TOradol shot every few days. This pain is just sharp and hard to get anything done. He wrote somas and klonopin, which don't seem to help a broken bone.
Thank you so much for rePlying, I've been a lurker on this site for 2 months and this is my first time to make myself known. I have learned countless info, much of which I share with my doctor, who wants to learn as much as he can, he's only been a sub doctor for a year with only only person so far that has come off successfully. He seems to be a good one and only charges $45 a visit, when most places around here were $250+, and just wrote you a script and off you went. My doc induced in office and is okay with relapses and will work with you on everything, he returns phone calls within the hour, no matter what the question is. I am done with regular opiates, and don't want to do anything to mess thIs up. I knew what a journey sub would be, but nO more counting pills or chasing. It's a miracle my hubs and I never got busted in 3 years, and I just got sick of the whOle game. Way too much stress.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:38 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am taking ultram, a synthetic type opiate without the euphoria, and it seems to be helping, but it may be all in me head? Found out I can't take torod because it's an anti inflammatory which I can't take with crohns they are offering another shot call nubane, which I know nothing about, any info would be helpful. I don't wanna tale anything that a waste or anything that would mess up my recOvery. I am so over the pill chasing and worry, I want to go back to a normal life. I was the good girl who always did right, and I hate the person I have become!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:54 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just be careful with the Ultram. Although it's not "technically" an opiate, it metabolizes (?) as one and some people do get high from it and have gotten addicted to it. Not everyone does though, it has something to do with having certain metabolites in your liver or something. Unfortunately, I can't explain it any better. Maybe Lillyval will come along and explain it to you. I know she has a lot of info on Ultram/Tramadol.

Here's a link to a wiki article on Nubain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nalbuphine

Good luck to you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank yOu hat! The way my doctor explained ultram, is its a synthetic opiate without the euphoria from regular opiates. I know nothing about nubain. All I have told my GP is I do not want opiates, but I havent told him I'm on subs, this is a small town Country doctor and I'm just not sure what his reaction is going to be. But thank you for being the only one to chime in. I'm serious about being clean and in no way want to do anything to mess it up.