It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Stupid relapse. smh.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:04 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

This is about my 10th time trying to stop sub. I jumped from 3mgs. Every time I have jumped from same mg it has been different. Sometimes I wouldn't feel crazy bad for a week, or it would be 3 days. This time I made it to about 11 days and could manage. Of course days that were horrible. Stupidly took .05 of sub on day 11. Holy crap that tiny piece made me feel like I took a bunch of norco. I took 3mgs the next day and layed in bed the whole day pissed off knowing I ruined myself. So here we are 1 week later and full wd's again. Angry, numb and back to the start it feels except I can sleep well with help with other meds. I need some relapse support!! My boyfriend breezed through wd's, jumped at 8 mgs. I don't know why but I know alot of people quitting and men seem to handle it waaay better.

Post subject: Re: Stupid relapse. smh.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I hear where you are coming from. This last time attempting to get off subs has been successful, I'm 40 some days off now and feel really good. The time before this last attempt was not as smooth. I tapered down to about a half mg peer day, but also relapsed pretty hardcore, and went through about 150 norco's in about 2 weeks. That failure however , while really pissing me off at myself, gave me the motivation to be successful this last time. Good luck and post as much as you can, it did make me feel better.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:34 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Congratulations on 40 days!! :-) All my previous attempts to quit involved taking norco like you which obviously didn't work. This time no Norco. The anger, depression, and anxiety is the worst right now and I take klonopin! Wtf lol. I wanna cry too but not even close... just numb. The only way to sleep is my nuerontin, clonidine, and benadryl. I do notice I wake up earlier now which I love. On subs I was depressed and just felt crappy all the time. I hear the same from friends on subs. Ty for the inspiration! Do you feel good at 40 days clean?

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:49 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Malsmith143ms wrote:
I need some relapse support!! My boyfriend breezed through wd's, jumped at 8 mgs. I don't know why but I know alot of people quitting and men seem to handle it waaay better.

Hi there Malsmith!

Good for you for getting back up again and moving forward with your plan to get off subs! I am a woman and almost 90 days clean after a long habit at 12mgs, so it can be done!

I have a freind who worked at a rehab, and she said just the opposite, that the bigger, tougher looking guys were the biggest babies during wdls! lol

IMO women are VERY strong when we have to be. Dig deep- you can do this!

Keep posting!
:D BF

PS. That sounds really unbelievable that your boyfriend "breezed through" an 8mg jump...I jumped from .375mgs and it was manageable but no picnic in the park. From what I've read of other's "high jumps", it can be done if someone wants it badly enough, but no one has said they "breezed through'..not by a long shot. Lucky for your boyfriend though if it is true!

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:25 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I know lol it pisses me off! He went to treatment for 7 days, they gave him nothing of course and came home a clean, feeling great, no wd's. He was on so much more sub than me the whole time. I just had surgery to take my appendix out about a month ago. I couldn't tell the docs I used Suboxone. It never was my script. Omg after surgery there was no pain control. I would take another c-section over that!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:14 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I wouldn't say men breeze by withdrawal any easier. I'd say most men are maybe better at hiding it due to it hurting their pride if they showed weakness. I could care less who sees my pain...lol. It's a proven scientific fact women handle physical pain easier than men. After all, women do have babies. Emotional pain I'd give to men....After all men don't cry. Or, do they?

Hope you make it this time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:15 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

No, nobody "breezes" through wd's lol. It's funny you say about hiding wd's with men. He does, he hides it better than me. He had to jump from 8mgs. Ouch. But a week later he doesn't have any withdrawal symptoms. Makes me mad lol but proud he's sober :-) Everyone reacts to pain different regardless of sex. I can take alot more pain than my boyfriend lol. He cries like a baby or whines. Really? I had two c-sections, shoulder surgery and had my appendix taken out. Lol he's never even had a toothache! Obviously I went on subs for a reason... figured that med was better than treating my diagnosis(s) with norco . Ha, should've done my homework first. I can look back and say it did help my pain alot. Avinlo did you cry!!?? He said he's never seen someone go through withdrawal so angry as me lol but no crying. I even attempted too, wasn't working. Hmm. I used to get teared up from a damn commercial.