It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:12 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

SUBliminal wrote:
It's been 16 days and I've been taking only 8 mg's consistently for more than a week now. I had the goal of being at 10 mg's by may and so far I've beaten that goal. My wife bought me the kinect for xbox 360 and it can be quite a workout and has helped keep my mind off of the fact that I'm taking less SUB. Since I've reduced my dose and started exercising and being more active I def feel 10x better in the morning and throughout the whole day, and I've noticed that I can think a lot clearer and focus more without my head clouded with such a high dose of SUB, my interest in sex has returned and i'm a lot easier to be around. I as well as my wife and everybody else around me have noticed a huge difference in my personality, it's really scary when you realize just how much this drug changes who you are and how you act, I'm glad that I will be completely off of it soon and living my life as the real ME. I am in no way downing this drug at all it has saved my life without a doubt but I'm finally seeing all the differences that my wife saw in me and was telling me about for almost 4 years now.

Very valid points here. It's scary to think that you feel yourself but the one's around you can really tell the difference. I was "secretly" taking the subs for about a year without my parents knowing that I was still on them. After I got off them, my pops said he knew something wasn't quite right. It's just surprising how a substance, at high enough doses, can really do this too you. Like you said, definitely stay active and motivated during the process. I remember that it was a scary thought to have to do it and it was constantly on my mind. Don't let the unknown consume you, just let it happen and it will all fall in place. I hope all goes well in the coming weeks with your taper. Keep posting!! :)

-JBoss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:36 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

It's been a little over 2 weeks since I've posted the last time I posted I was at 8 mg's a day I stayed there for about a week and then I've been bouncing back in forth between 10 and 12 mg's but at least I'm still under 16 mg's. I still feel good and haven't had any wd symptoms I'm def happy with my progress. I have enough sub stashed away to last me a year so I won't have to go back to the doctor. I get ahead of myself and drop to much and end up having to go back up I need to learn to take my time, I've been addicted to opiates for almost 10 years and no matter how much I want it to disappear overnight it's not going to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:25 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been steady at 10 Mgs for 8 days now and I'm getting ready to drop to 8. At what dose do you really start to notice the reductions?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Most people seem to encounter the greatest resistance around the 4mg mark, for some people it's closer to 6mg, while for others it doesn't hit until they're around 2mg?

I don't think you should have too much trouble getting from 10mg to 8mg, that's a 20% drop and at the dose you're at, that should be OK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was actually able to drop from 12 mg directly to 8 mg without any problems whatsoever. I "thought" that I experienced some minor withdrawal (woke up in the middle of the night and felt a slight bit of anxiety) when I went from 16 to 12 but nothing when going from 12 to 8. Was the first drop in my head? Who knows? I just agree completed with what Romeo said and can even add that I have lived through it. I am sure you will do fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:42 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well I'm back and i wasn't able to get to 8 Mgs yet I'm still steady at 10 Mgs. I was planning on reducing to 8 Mgs on Monday but I've been having some anxiety issues between my am and pm doses and I'm not sure if I should wait longer or just go ahead and give it a try, I'm not really having any withdrawal symptoms other than the anxiety so I'm not really sure what to do. What do you guys think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:50 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Have you considered trying 10 mg one day and 8 mg the next, then 10 the next, 8 the next, and so on? It's a slow way to go, but it could be the most painless way to go and you'd then be stable at 9 mg. Many people report great success doing it that way. Like I said, it goes a bit slower, but remember, the more painless your taper is, the less acute AND post-acute w/d symptoms you should have when you make your "final" jump. Good luck.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

A while back I was where you were at. I don't believe anyone when they say the withdrawal feeling is all mental. Its not!!! It is physical...Done....End of story. Anyway i went from 16 down to 6 in a week. i don't recommend but this is how i did it. I thought I could stop all together and take vicodin to curb the withdrawals until i was better.... that didn't work. i was taking vicodin for a week while going through withdrawals slightly... mostly at night. i took a week from work and decided to stop the vicodin. I made it a day and the withdrawals were so bad i took 1mg of suboxone. It didn't do much but it helped. The next week i was taking ridiculously small amounts of suboxone like .5mg or 1mg. and waiting like 30 hours. The whole time i was in and out of severe withdrawals. Then finally one day after not taking anything for 40 hours I lost it and took 8mg. Then stabilized on 6mg.

That's my story. I can't handle withdrawals. i have to work and i don't care to get off now. I don't know if this helps at all but its what i did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:58 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Subliminal...In my very, very humble opinion, if you are feeling ANY anxiety at all, do NOT drop at this time. Give yourself time to stabilize here (where you feel NO withdrawal symptoms) or bump your dose up .25 mgs at a time until the anxiety is gone.

I dropped too fast over a month...when the depression/anxiety hit, I thought I could get through it. Not so...I ended up in ER with very bad withdrawal/anxiety! I missed 3 days work. My Sub doc immediately bumped me back up (it took 3-4 days for the anxiety to subside) and I stabilized at 10-12 mgs/day which is where I still am. I'm to stay here until all anxiety is gone and then drop 2 mgs.

My doctor and experienced people on this forum have said "Do not drop again until all w/d symptoms are gone". This is extremely important. It is possible to have a "good" Sub taper but a good taper does not equal a fast taper. The slower, the better. It may not be what you desire to hear but it is the truth.

The anxiety I felt last week after tapering too fast was furious and it came in waves. I never want to feel that again and don't plan to. I am doing this the right way this time vs. the fast way.

Good luck, subliminal and let us know what you decide and how it goes. We're here to support you in whatever you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:04 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well im finally down to 8 Mgs and I've been there for a little over a week. I'm not feeling the reductions as much since the doc put me on testosterone therapy. I'm 30 years old and I had the testosterone levels of an 80 year old man. I feel like a new man now I have more energy and feel like doing more than just sitting on the couch watching tv. Overall I feel great at 8 and I'll prob stay another week at 8 and then go to 7. I'll check back in in a bit. And any man out there who has abused opiates for a long time you might wanna get your testosterone tested it could make a big difference in your life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:17 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Sub, that's great that you've made it to 8 mgs! I'm trying for 10 mgs now, myself :) I don't think we'll have too bad a time if we just take it slow once we get to 6 mgs and below.
I talk to a lady on another board who has tapered from 16mgs to .5 mgs from last Aug until today. Very little withdrawals and been smooth as glass....she says the same as folks here....do not drop until you are comfortable from last drop. She was able to drop pretty rapidly from 16 down to 4...after that, she had to slow down a lot. But, she was dropping 25% monthly at the higher doses...sometimes every 2 weeks.