It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

So I know y'all are sick of hearing me bitch and moan but I don't know what else to do haha.
I want to start my subs still but I have taken them too soon too many times that I am making sure I wait long enough this time.
Everyone has told me to wait at least 24 hrs this time or a 26 on the cows scale.
A week ago I tried kicking I made it to hr 12 and was fucking dying.
I don't know how I would make it to hr 24 I def was beyond mild to moderate withdrawl in my opinion. I ended up using.
Do u think I could have taken the sub then and it would have been effective?
Please give me some pointers I really wanna get the show on the road.
Should I go to a detox to get off the dope for a few days long enough to take my sub?
Please help. Thanks

Post subject: A NOTE FROM SLIPPER
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:32 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Dear Jameson....

Here is the thing...if you wait 24-46 hours the sub will surely work. Your problem is the waiting and being sick and not
being able to stand it. If you think of it like this...you don't have to be sick a week worrying about how you are going to
score your next fix...your next fix is right there...with the sub...You can stand anything 2 days in exchange for a lifetime
of happy joyous and free...right now you are a slave to the drug..I know exactly how you feel...I took it and anything I could get for 29 years! I finally ran out of money, time, family trying to leave me, everything...so I MADE UP MY MIND!

and that 2 days were hell...i was vomiting and shitting all over myself...sick as shit...and it hurt...but I just kept watching the
clock...counting the hours down...and finally after 29 hours i took 4mg. sub and one hour later took 4 more and 1 hour later took 4 more and I began to feel good, normal, a little high even ((useally the high is only the first time you take it))
and then i took 16mg. a day for a long long time....and I got my life back, my family back, MY SOUL BACK....

Bup will stop your desire for opiates...even heroin...if you make up your mind that this is it...and stick to it..

No one can do this but you. You have to decide h ow you want to live the rest of your life. I was tired of the slavery of addiction, the constant battle to find the drugs, the money spent on the drugs...the lies i told everyone..I was really sick of ME!!....So stop now, look at the clock...and wait long enough this time...make yourself wait no matter what or how bad
you feel...remember you are not alone..all of us have felt that bad...but it will not last...you have a reprieve in the sub...
if you wait LONG ENOUGH the sub will work on you and you will get your life back...that is what you so desperately want..

and you can have it...just do it...make yourself do it...If all of us can do it you can do it too...We all have the same problem with the same solution..you are no different...so get to it....ride it out...the days will pass...the pain will pass..and you will
be free!!

Slipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:59 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey jameson,

Another thing you might could try is waiting as long as you can, then starting with a small dose of Suboxone. We've had people in the past who were kinda in the same boat you are and they inducted with 2mg or less. Once they gauged thier reaction to that dose, they went from there.

2mg is well below the ceiling level for Suboxone, it shouldn't be enough to "saturate" your receptors and throw you into PW.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:01 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hello again.

well, the good news is, you know what HASNT worked in the past.

if you think the only way you are going to make it to 24 hours is to go to a detox place, then maybe thats what you need to do. Just like Ive said before, you are the ONLY one thats gonna be able to do this.
and we all know it sucks. its the worst, yes. but it should be easier, knowing you have relief 'on the way'

there have been people that said, even when they DO experience the precipitated w/d's they just 'loaded up' with more suboxone, to kind of 'overcome' it. I have no idea if that works, but its certainly better than just going back to dope right away.
I know Ive asked you before about taking oxy or something for a few days before you try to induce with suboxone, but I dont remember the answer/?????????
sorry.
but thats still a valuable idea.

YOU CAN DO THIS
this IS a fight for your life afterall

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I like everyones advice, and I like that everyone has given you different options. If you think that the only way YOU can do it is to go through a detox first, then do it.

I like what Romeo said too about starting out with about 2mg, and going up from there.

I believe you're to the point just like all of us were, you're sick of using and you want to start the sub and start working on getting your life back, but you're just gonna have to do it! I know that before I started sub, the withdrawals scared the shit outta me, but it was much easier withdrawaling knowing that the end was in sight and as soon as I waited long enough, I could take the sub and feel better. That's the only thing that kept me going was knowing that the relief was going to come.

Please, either wait it out at least 24 hours or wait about 12 hours till you feel like you are "dying", and try to induce with 2 mgs at a time. Surely that will work for you.

I wish you the best of luck! You can do this, and once you get past this last time of being "dope sick", you'll feel so much better, and no more worries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:13 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Did you score yourself on the COWS before you induced last time? Did you score yourself before you gave up and used?

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:31 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

No I did not score myself on the cows. When I feel like i did.
I can't do shit, even scoring myself I'm so miserable I can barely
Make it to the bathroom to use the toilet!!
I'm going to try this nightmare again.
I'm gonna do my last dose of dope here soon.
Then I'm gonna hang out at home until I feel shitty as hell
Ima tryn make 24 hrs!
Anyone with more advice shoot it my way I could use it! My biggest fear is I wait the 24 hrs out
And when I take the sub it gives me no relief. I'm terrified of that happening!
Ok well I'm keep y'all posted.. I'm not gonna get muxh sleep because I'll b out
Of shit by bedtime so i guess I'll just b laying around sick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Invisible_sHadow wrote:
or wait about 12 hours till you feel like you are "dying", and try to induce with 2 mgs at a time. Surely that will work for you.

This is it right here ^^ .. If you are using a short acting opiate 12 hours should be enough.

Stop stressing yourself out!! haha Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:54 am 
Pm me mate, there is no need to wait and go thru all that, if your desperate to get on suboxone and u r sure ur ready to committ to staying on it...Pm me

Romeo is on the ball with saying trying low doses, counter intuitively the lower the dose the better u will feel, on my first time I ended up taking about 64 mg, never felt so bad in my life, but kept thinking maybe more will make it better...it won't

You need to work up slowly, but pm me if u want and il explain in more detail

Cheers

Homer